Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on April 15, 2011, 03:42:49 AM
ALLOW ME TO SAY THIS

WTFBOOOOOOOOOM!

That is all XD

Dude, does this mean I will be able to take a mdlo from another character and rig it for a different character?

IE Take ZSS's model and rig it to work on say ike?

Yeah but what's the point, you'll have to edit the bone structure to fit the other model and then you'll just wind up with basically the same bone structure as before...

great job :)

I think both of us have shown decent (you're better) progress lately

I'm only slower because I have to deal with so many dang 3D formats :oshi:
I'm dealing with 3 just from mdl0 to obj alone

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yes

but I'd be able to port any character over any other character with no problems?
IE
Trans N
Have N
Thrown N
Hip N
Tiny Shield
etc
All those glitches gone? That's my point :D

I actually want to make the Bulkiban guy from the bridge of eldin stage. A psa for him would be hilarious.

What I mean is
Take the MODEL from Character A
Then Rig it with the BONES from character B, by placing the model from character A on character B's bones.
Thus creating a flawless port. X_X

Or just take an OBJ file of a model from brawl and rig it with someone elses bones using that method XP


Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 15, 2011, 04:16:40 AM
Oh well then yes, you would have a flawless port I guess O_o

DING DING!
Tell the us what the man won sherry! :D

Sherry: FUK OFF >=D

Sherry....*sigh*

XD

sorry I'm hyper atm.

Eh
Can't wait to see this finished, expect some major testing from me >=D
When it's done you should totally upload it to BV :D

*does a couple of flips in the air*

May I please beta test it when you've got it to save everything properly? I mean, I have worked with the MDL0 format before and made a couple of custom ones, so I'd like to see how it'd work out with my experiments.

Quote from: RandomTBush on April 15, 2011, 05:00:10 AM
*does a couple of flips in the air*

May I please beta test it when you've got it to save everything properly? I mean, I have worked with the MDL0 format before and made a couple of custom ones, so I'd like to see how it'd work out with my experiments.

O_O

Will you share your findings with me? I need motivation to get into vertexing and getting good at it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 15, 2011, 05:19:50 AM
O_O

Will you share your findings with me? I need motivation to get into vertexing and getting good at it.

This isn't vertex editing, this is building a model from scratch. You will need a lot more skills than just moving around vertices now.
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 15, 2011, 05:19:50 AMO_O

Will you share your findings with me? I need motivation to get into vertexing and getting good at it.
I mentioned the main way how I've done so before around this forum, but I really need to be more specific if anyone wants to attempt to make their own (since nobody understood the techno-jargon in my post).

Quote from: RandomTBush on April 15, 2011, 05:35:07 AM
I mentioned the main way how I've done so before around this forum, but I really need to be more specific if anyone wants to attempt to make their own (since nobody understood the techno-jargon in my post).

Acutally, it would be easier if you made simple explanations of that "Techno-Jargon" for the people who don't understand it.

Partly because they lack experience in it to begin with.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen Draufgänger on April 15, 2011, 06:27:06 AM
Acutally, it would be easier if you made simple explanations of that "Techno-Jargon" for the people who don't understand it.

Partly because they lack experience in it to begin with.
In simple terms, it involves a bunch of value conversions (to float values for the vertices/normals/UVs and hex for the polygon values) and also tons and tons of re-linking offsets in the MDL0. All kinds of manual work, ya see.

But with the model exporter being close to completion, I don't know if I need to explain everything yet, especially since my method doesn't work with rigging for the models (hence why it's only been two hats and a sandvich that I've ported.)

Quote from: RandomTBush on April 15, 2011, 05:35:07 AM
I mentioned the main way how I've done so before around this forum, but I really need to be more specific if anyone wants to attempt to make their own (since nobody understood the techno-jargon in my post).

I understood :P
Zephiel:
You know what I really like on my stack smash?
Texture updates.

Androu1:
@Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Very, VERY nice progress BlackJax96.
Hope this will also work with full bone replacement, since having a Naruto directly from GNT EX3 with FULL Ike boneset would be very nice.

Quote from: ds22 on April 15, 2011, 08:47:53 AM
Very, VERY nice progress BlackJax96.
Hope this will also work with full bone replacement, since having a Naruto directly from GNT EX3 with FULL Ike boneset would be very nice.

It also means we could possiblt make our own models in 3DSMAX, rig them, then import them into Brawl.

THINK ABOUT IT!...

Oh wait. Then everyone will bring their own characters into Brawl...

OH ****!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Awesome. So close to being done...
:D
Gonna import some awesome stages!

So.... all that's needed is saving them?

FC: 2191-7379-6272