Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

does the newest demo has support for 3ds max 8 exported .dae's?

I've got a better idea... :af:

why not just merge the model prewiewer with the collision viewer >_>


I also had an idea to turn brbx into more of a blender-like editor :P

but anyways...
to make zooming easier, use the mouse wheel :)

I used to have a C++ wrapper to do that... DX

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

With the newest modset, I cannot even import Naruto anymore (not much of a change anyway, since he didn't import properly to begin with).

Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on July 08, 2011, 08:40:13 AM
Ok, I'm not even going to pretend that I know how this stuff is working. I honestly haven't checked on this for a while and know little more than it is being worked on, but I have one question...

How far am I from having a perfectly playable imported Haruhi Suzumiya model on someone (or any model for that matter... but someone better work on Haruhi)?

We're close yet still far from importing new models into Brawl. It's kind of hard to explain, but I'm really close to done, but not really at the same time XD Since my persona IS Haruhi (and Konata), those are two of the first models I'm gonna be importing! So you can count on me for importing Haruhi.

Quote from: Bermont Lucifer on July 08, 2011, 09:03:42 AM
Just saw I could port animations.
I. Freaking. Love. This. Brawlbox!


Glad to hear you like it :D

Quote from: Mastaklo on July 08, 2011, 01:05:40 PM
does the newest demo has support for 3ds max 8 exported .dae's?

...kind of. I fixed one glitch, but another is still there, so you'll probably still have some problems. It's possible though.

Quote from: DSX8 on July 08, 2011, 08:42:02 AM
if i knew how to code stuff, i would be helping him all day, but sadly i dont kno any coding.
Learn C# :) I can teach you. I learned it by myself just to finish this thing :srs:

Quote from: ds22 on July 08, 2011, 02:01:54 PM
With the newest modset, I cannot even import Naruto anymore (not much of a change anyway, since he didn't import properly to begin with).

I might've found your problem. I was compiling the code on x86 (32-bit). I just changed it to AnyCPU. I'm not sure if that fixed the problem, so you'll have to try it when I update the demo to the new stable release (ABSOLUTELY NO model saving problems. I tested that [censored] myself :af:)

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 08, 2011, 07:03:37 AM
OMG that's a great idea! Ive got one to. Dual model previwer.

Good idea, I just might do that (later).

Quote from: xxmasal22xx on July 08, 2011, 07:36:59 AM
Really??? Sweet i be epic. lol

Ay yo, check out what I said to ds22. Yep, Brawlbox is stable now, so it's no longer a demo. It still can't import models, but that'll be in the next release (I'm working on it like a flaming madman).

Give me another few moments to update the Demo to Version 1.

Blargh, saving normally doesn't work, as you might know. But I just export the animations\textures I make and use the older BB to save.

Hey BJ I duno if I told you this yet butt...

when you click the vertexes on peaches model, are the vertex points for the golf club, frying pan, second crown (the one for her forward air) and tennis racket SUPPOSED to appear all at her feet?


O and are vertexes going to be movable in version one...

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 08, 2011, 04:52:22 PM
Hey BJ I duno if I told you this yet butt...

when you click the vertexes on peaches model, are the vertex points for the golf club, frying pan, second crown (the one for her forward air) and tennis racket SUPPOSED to appear all at her feet?


O and are vertexes going to be movable in version one...

They're not supposed to be on the floor, but it's because they aren't weighted.
The vertices won't be movable, since I still don't have a working un-weighting formula.

Quote from: MANSTA8 on July 08, 2011, 04:50:22 PM
Blargh, saving normally doesn't work, as you might know. But I just export the animations\textures I make and use the older BB to save.

Yeah, that's what I fixed.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 08, 2011, 04:44:08 PM
Learn C# :) I can teach you. I learned it by myself just to finish this thing :srs:
o.e... i've tried to learn C# in highschool and in college... and i couldnt even figure it out, even wen it was spoken to me, even visualized!! X_X   my brain just cant comprehend it ^^"

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 08, 2011, 04:44:08 PM
Ay yo, check out what I said to ds22. Yep, Brawlbox is stable now, so it's no longer a demo. It still can't import models, but that'll be in the next release (I'm working on it like a flaming madman).

Give me another few moments to update the Demo to Version 1.
O_o... its now stable? :af:  so now it can save models w/o crashing?  u sir.... r my god! (:srs: not really tho cause im no believer xD )
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I know you said it'll never work, but I seriously think you should look into the Eyetoy tracking. I mean once you finish the Kinect tracking, think about it, what did microsoft start  with? Nothing? I don't think so, they looked at how Eyetoy and the Wii's motion detection tech worked and put two and two together.

And I HAVE seen webcams that have face tracking  tech, true they're about $100 but I'd rather pay that much instead of paying the price of a new 3DS for this function.

Either that or find some people on this forum who'd be willing to make those animations.

Also, could you like, look at how Miku Miku Dance's interpol works? I mean the whole video tracking thing where it can make an animation from the "recorded" videos? That might be worth checking out too... just a thought.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 08, 2011, 05:06:19 PM
I know you said it'll never work, but I seriously think you should look into the Eyetoy tracking. I mean once you finish the Kinect tracking, think about it, what did microsoft start  with? Nothing? I don't think so, they looked at how Eyetoy and the Wii's motion detection tech worked and put two and two together.

And I HAVE seen webcams that have face tracking  tech, true they're about $100 but I'd rather pay that much instead of paying the price of a new 3DS for this function.

Either that or find some people on this forum who'd be willing to make those animations.

Also, could you like, look at how Miku Miku Dance's interpol works? I mean the whole video tracking thing where it can make an animation from the "recorded" videos? That might be worth checking out too... just a thought.
i think thats asking for FAAAAAAR toooo much x3  but he might be able to do that in the future..
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on July 08, 2011, 05:06:19 PM
I know you said it'll never work, but I seriously think you should look into the Eyetoy tracking. I mean once you finish the Kinect tracking, think about it, what did microsoft start  with? Nothing? I don't think so, they looked at how Eyetoy and the Wii's motion detection tech worked and put two and two together.

And I HAVE seen webcams that have face tracking  tech, true they're about $100 but I'd rather pay that much instead of paying the price of a new 3DS for this function.

Either that or find some people on this forum who'd be willing to make those animations.

Also, could you like, look at how Miku Miku Dance's interpol works? I mean the whole video tracking thing where it can make an animation from the "recorded" videos? That might be worth checking out too... just a thought.

I'm not adding tracking for anything other than the Kinect. I won't repeat myself again.

I know how MMD's interpolation works. It's complicated beyond belief though, that's why some people who are good at animating in MMD can get such life-like animations. MMD's interpolation is an array of arrays of arrays (basically a list containing lists of lists). Also, MMD uses IK's and Quaternions, so that adds to the quality of animating. Brawl doesn't even have IK's, so if I ever add that, you'll have to specify which bones will act as IK bones. If I were to fix Brawlbox's interpolation, I'd probably have to redo the entire interpolation part of the code from scratch.

So wait, the 64bit problem is solvable by changing it to AnyCPU?
I would like to test that version out.

Quote from: Mastaklo on Today at 03:05:40 PM
does the newest demo has support for 3ds max 8 exported .dae's?

...kind of. I fixed one glitch, but another is still there, so you'll probably still have some problems. It's possible though.

so wich settings do i have to use when i export it
i created a model by myself and it wont import in brawlbox

Great, I go to test everything again, and out of nowhere now you can't rename MDL0s and it throws an error when you try to save. Even worse, I didn't change anything.

What. The. Hell.
Now I have to figure out what's wrong

Quote from: BlackJax96 on July 08, 2011, 05:45:00 PM
Great, I go to test everything again, and out of nowhere now you can't rename MDL0s and it throws an error when you try to save. Even worse, I didn't change anything.

What. The. Hell.
Now I have to figure out what's wrong
well... that just ruined my killjoy... Dx
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady