Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tcll on August 12, 2011, 08:47:09 PM
well in that case I'd've exported to 3DS if the exporter worked =3=

who even programmed that thing anyways >.>

So the PMD, DAE and 3DS exporters don't work for Blender. Heh. Hehehehe.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 12, 2011, 08:51:06 PM
So the PMD, DAE and 3DS exporters don't work for Blender. Heh. Hehehehe.
heheheheh... sad isn't it?
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

August 12, 2011, 09:02:40 PM #2627 Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:10:55 PM by Justin712
Hey, ya gotta admit it's probably hard to keep those exporters workin' with all those updates blender is always makin'. It IS open-source after all. :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

that is indeed true... soooo true xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Justin712 on August 12, 2011, 09:02:40 PMHey, ya gotta admit it's probably hard to keep those exporters workin' with all those updates blender is always makin'. It IS open-source after all. :laugh:
meh...
at least the blender 25 plugins seem to work pretty well >_>

the dae plugin seems to read both 140 and 141, but lacks support for triangle fans DX
and it even imports what it exports :D (unlike blender 24)

I believe the 3DS importer works too ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

hey BJ what if you could create a new mdl0 using kinect, cause this guy Jasper Brekelmens created a program that can export point clouds as an obj and other misc. formats including one proprietary file (.bin)here is an example of an .obj exported using the program ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?hjrhiaiy4c559e7

SuperSmasher

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on August 12, 2011, 03:11:37 PM
Seriously, I'm JUST NOW starting to get the hang of the 3DS Max interface, and u want me to learn a whole other program. That can supposidly be easier through the memorisation of the "hotkeys" <_< I gotta better chance at keeping up with Sonic in a foot race....
How do you think I feel? I gotta learn LIGHTWAVE for uni.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on August 13, 2011, 02:46:34 AM
How do you think I feel? I gotta learn LIGHTWAVE for uni.

I'd say most people here doing vertexes (at least myself) started using 3DSMax because of Brawl Hacking...

BTW...

Hi Tommo, it's been a while, huh?

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: SuperSmasher on August 13, 2011, 01:14:19 AM
hey BJ what if you could create a new mdl0 using kinect, cause this guy Jasper Brekelmens created a program that can export point clouds as an obj and other misc. formats including one proprietary file (.bin)here is an example of an .obj exported using the program ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?hjrhiaiy4c559e7

SuperSmasher

I really don't want to take all that time to code the kinect to scan an object, generate vertices and primitives from nothing, and then assemble an mdl0 out of it. Thanks but no thanks.

there's already 3D scanning software out there...
all you need is a webcam

take a look at Proforma
(there's better one's than that, but IDK what they're called)

what I'm getting at is you can generate a model, then import it to brbx

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I have Three questions....

Your BrawlBox will let edit as Vertex Hack?

It is possible add "Metal00" Texture to Imports?

Why Your BrawlBox read only first bone after used FortWaffles's Bone Adder?

1: Not in the next release
2: I don't know, don't really care...
3: It's because FW's bone adder just copies the data from the regular bones on top of eachother to make the new ones. So there is no data on any of the bones basically...

I've already explained how FW's messes up an MDL0

the MDL0 file is copied (why the size doubles)
the new bone data is in the MDL0 copy while the old data remains
a few values that used the old data's string table have also been redirected to use the new string table.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Why don't you people let ME answer the questions. :srs:

Quote from: diedhammer98 on August 13, 2011, 12:28:40 PM
I have Three questions....

Your BrawlBox will let edit as Vertex Hack?

It is possible add "Metal00" Texture to Imports?

Why Your BrawlBox read only first bone after used FortWaffles's Bone Adder?


1. Soon. Probably not in Modset 2, I'm thinking it will be done in Modset 3.
2. Yeah.
3. Because Kryal reads straight down the MDL0 now, parsing each bone without linking them. Then he clears the parsed list and uses NodeTree to re-link each bone. I'm guessing FortWaffle's program doesn't change the NodeTree, so TopN is the only bone that is recognized and linked. I'm working on a fix that will read the added bones and then rebuild the MDL0 correctly for you.

August 13, 2011, 07:15:28 PM #2639 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:25:04 PM by SuperSmasher
hey BJ is u going 2 use the unofficial Primesense / OpenNI 4 camera data / skeleton tracking respectively or the OFFICIAL Kinect SDK as a base 4 mocap cause there is a downside to both. the SDK (by microsoft) it only supports Windows 7 and it is beta. the OpenNI / mocap drivers get updated periodically etc. but only supports 1 Kinect where as the SDK supports multiple and is very flexible. so as you can see there are ups and there are downs to both its up 2 u you decide    ;)

SuperSmasher