Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.


October 04, 2011, 01:26:41 AM #4501 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:33:01 AM by Justin712
Quote from: Tempo_ on October 04, 2011, 12:16:13 AM
...Anyways, would the lag have to do with the vast amount of polygons?

A face is (usually) half a polygon. They're talkin' about that already.

Quote from: DSX8 on October 03, 2011, 10:30:35 PM

Right build + road = OK
Left build + road = Lag


Also, as was pointed out before, there's clearly just something wrong with the building on the left. I don't think it's related to the number of polys. I think that also proves that Blackjax's problem isn't the number of faces either.
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on October 04, 2011, 01:26:41 AM
A face is (usually) half a polygon. They're talkin' about that already.

Also, as was pointed out before, there's clearly just something wrong with the building on the left. I don't think it's related to the number of polys. I think that also proves that Blackjax's problem isn't the number of faces either.
yeah... what i did was went through the left building, and removed some of the buildings in that model, hopefully that'll work O.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on October 04, 2011, 02:37:45 AM
yeah... what i did was went through the left building, and removed some of the buildings in that model, hopefully that'll work O.o

It has nothing to do with the polycount/faces/etc.

Har. Had no idea about the polygon/face thing.
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

October 04, 2011, 04:21:47 AM #4505 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:27:56 AM by TommoPuppy
I would think, with you using several OBJ imports, that it'd be a file size issue. What are you going to accomplish with 3 (four including a skybox) that you can't accomplish with combining them all into one?

Disregard, I read that as freezing, not lagging. Though you should still try my suggestion

Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 04, 2011, 04:21:47 AM
I would think, with you using several OBJ imports, that it'd be a file size issue. What are you going to accomplish with 3 (four including a skybox) that you can't accomplish with combining them all into one?

Disregard, I read that as freezing, not lagging. Though you should still try my suggestion
its not filesize issue... its briefly 1.92MB... and i've managed to fix the lag issue by deleting some of the materials in the 2 building OBJ models that wasnt needed.. still not really sure y it would lag like that tho, but o well
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Tempo_ on October 04, 2011, 04:07:06 AM
Har. Had no idea about the polygon/face thing.

It ain't nothin'. :)

Also, I would still try that, DSX8. Even if it's not the number of polys you might find which part of the model is giving you trouble. Check for over-lapping faces and other such things. Usually that just causes flickering, but ya never know. It also might be material-related, so try applying building 2's texture to it or something. Just some ideas.

Glad ya got it workin!
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

haha yeah... the cause of it was some of the buildings in the far back of the stage, which had unfinished materails to it and they looked a bit messed up in 3ds max once i zoomed in on it lol O.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

actually...
BJ's right about a brawl stage having 23000+ polygons.
wich goes completely against the 7000 face standard I heard...

btw, polygons are faces.
they follow the primitives from triangles to quads.
(quad-strips for my format)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

23000 polygons!? for just ONE stage!?
Ouch. No wonder why my parents said I wouldn't have the capacities to work at Nintendo... Well, at least my ENTIRE family (especially my godparents) gave me extra SDK stuff (TOO expensive for most people), but none of us even know how to run it on my Wii *facepalm*
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

October 04, 2011, 11:40:05 AM #4511 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:44:57 AM by Tcll
Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on October 04, 2011, 11:30:33 AM
23000 polygons!? for just ONE stage!?
Ouch. No wonder why my parents said I wouldn't have the capacities to work at Nintendo... Well, at least my ENTIRE family (especially my godparents) gave me extra SDK stuff (TOO expensive for most people), but none of us even know how to run it on my Wii *facepalm*
well...
I don't even know how to prep a game for development using the SDK...

lemme guess...
the extra stuff was a program (not recalling name), and info that gives you a login key.

you could save me the work of hacking the SDK by PM-ing me the key you know :)
(I won't give it out if you tell me not to, you already know that)

EDIT:
you run the SDK on your compy.
it builds a wii game for you.

I've gotten the SDK working, but I need a key in order to use it...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

sorry for not following the thread and all that stuff, but is it possible to view multiple mdl0s in the released brawlbox?

Quote from: jokekid on October 04, 2011, 11:59:17 AM
sorry for not following the thread and all that stuff, but is it possible to view multiple mdl0s in the released brawlbox?
yes, it does
Stupid Tinypic :C