Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: xxgbcxx on October 23, 2011, 10:56:42 PM
well facts a fact i apretiate it but if it dosent work it dosent work...if your going to release a program as big as this then you need a decent tuorial not just everything jammed in one sentemce  have steps and alot of pics...this is the exact reason why i said BJ wait until january to release this and now look...like 10 people are angry that it dosent work...
I don't even know where to start pointing bull[censored] on this post.

xxgbcxx, sir, I highly suggest you gtfo the thread with your bull[censored].


As for me, I'll give it a few weeks before I try anything...

Quote from: Angelglory on October 23, 2011, 11:50:54 PM
Hey, I didn't see this anywhere in the tutorials, I may've missed it, but how do you get a Brawl skeleton into 3ds max?

This was also quoted from BJ:

"Use AiS to convert the model to DAE or export the model from Brawlbox v0.64 (any version) to DAE. Then import that DAE into 3ds Max.

If you used Brawlbox, the mesh will probably be messed up, so just delete any stray polygons that were created.

If you used AiS, do NOT use Mariokart64n's Brawl script to fix the model.
Instead, press H to show everything in the scene. Select everything that isn't the bone tree and click select. Then, press delete.

There you go, an MDL0 bone tree in 3ds Max."


found so many bugs.
the original DAE/MDL0 made by BJ96 was suppose to end on 0x1A 8BA0 offset
I used the exactly same DAE but my mld0 ended on around 0x10 0000
second ended on 0xF 0000
third ended on 0xE 0000
the rest crashing the BB if I trying to export it from BB

BB is trollin' me hard :vyse:

but I hate it :notimp:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: Spex130 on October 23, 2011, 11:55:29 PM
This was also quoted from BJ:

"Use AiS to convert the model to DAE or export the model from Brawlbox v0.64 (any version) to DAE. Then import that DAE into 3ds Max.

If you used Brawlbox, the mesh will probably be messed up, so just delete any stray polygons that were created.

If you used AiS, do NOT use Mariokart64n's Brawl script to fix the model.
Instead, press H to show everything in the scene. Select everything that isn't the bone tree and click select. Then, press delete.

There you go, an MDL0 bone tree in 3ds Max."


FINALLY someone who reads the OP!
You are awesome sir.


Quote from: Spex130 on October 23, 2011, 11:55:29 PM
This was also quoted from BJ:
"Use AiS to convert the model to DAE or export the model from Brawlbox v0.64 (any version) to DAE. Then import that DAE into 3ds Max.
If you used Brawlbox, the mesh will probably be messed up, so just delete any stray polygons that were created.
If you used AiS, do NOT use Mariokart64n's Brawl script to fix the model.
Instead, press H to show everything in the scene. Select everything that isn't the bone tree and click select. Then, press delete.
There you go, an MDL0 bone tree in 3ds Max."
Thanks (b'--')b

*cracks knuckles and glares at 3ds* Lez' do dis...

Hey BJ, what models do you yourself plan to import?


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Quote from: Spex130 on October 24, 2011, 12:00:57 AM
I feel so Honored!  :happy:

Wait, I can't even find it on my own OP.
I will put it there.

your OP linked to these plugins:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10204944
Which you said comes with 2010 3ds max. Cept mine didnt come with a dae importer, and none of those seem to work with 2010 3ds max. (the latest one it has support for is 2008) are you sure this is the one?

October 24, 2011, 12:09:13 AM #5784 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:10:53 AM by RandomTBush
Hrm, I think I might've come across a "hidden" problem. I think it might be because the UV Mapping values are set to UInt16 instead of Float or Int16, but I just can't get Kit's metal textures to shine properly (they're static), except for her eyes (which do, and have Int16). This is seriously weird, especially since swapping the main body to use the eye texture makes it still not shine (but the eyes STILL DO)... :srs:

Mind sending me a test BrawlBox revision that forces the values to be set to Float, BlackJax96, so I can test my theory?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 24, 2011, 12:03:53 AM
Wait, I can't even find it on my own OP.
I will put it there.

Wow. Being a little packrat and copying guides into files came in handy for once.

Also! PMD models aren't as hard to import as I thought! If you know the hotkeys, you can get one darn well full imported in under 10 minutes!

This is AWESOME, BJ!


Spex? How do you work textures into the import?

October 24, 2011, 12:13:44 AM #5787 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:15:04 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: EnigmaticSpirit on October 24, 2011, 12:03:29 AM
Hey BJ, what models do you yourself plan to import?

Hitomi (DOAX4), Haruhi, Konata/Kagami, Yoko, and some other characters if I can get their models.

Quote from: RandomTBush on October 24, 2011, 12:09:13 AM
Hrm, I think I might've come across a "hidden" problem. I think it might be because the UV Mapping values are set to UInt16 instead of Float or Int16, but I just can't get Kit's metal textures to shine properly (they're static), except for her eyes (which do, and have Int16). This is seriously weird, especially since swapping the main body to use the eye texture makes it still not shine (but the eyes STILL DO)... :srs:

Mind sending me a test BrawlBox revision that forces the values to be set to Float, BlackJax96, so I can test my theory?

Sure, no prob. I'll send it to you in a bit
Wait. What do you mean by "shine properly"? Did you change the XF flags and add a bunch of metal texture refs like Brawl models?

October 24, 2011, 12:15:56 AM #5788 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:16:53 AM by Spex130
Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 24, 2011, 12:11:07 AM
Spex? How do you work textures into the import?

Well, when it comes to PMDs, when you import using the script, it looks for the texture files where they would be held relative to the model itself. (That means, if you unzipped a model and the texures are in a file within the unzipped file, leave them there and don't move them to the same directory as the model.) I guess if it imports right, then the textures should follow the model, right?


Quote from: Spex130 on October 24, 2011, 12:15:56 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 24, 2011, 12:11:07 AM
Spex? How do you work textures into the import?
Well, when it comes to PMDs, when you import using the script, it looks for the texture files where they would be held relative to the model itself. (That means, if you unzipped a model and the texures are in a file within the unzipped file, leave them there and don't move them to the same directory as the model.) I guess if it imports right, then the textures should follow the model, right?

Models that come with MMD have no textures (except for the eyes).
You have to add a single colored texture to the areas that are colored.