Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 23, 2011, 01:13:48 PM
What about posting a 0.65b version with the latest non-PSA related upgrades (relative to imports mostly) and leave the 0.66 to the completion of that PSA part?

Unless it's mostly done and there's no meaning on posting the 0.65b anymore O.o

I'm still having problems with saving the metal materials and imported objects though. :|

I guess I'll focus on that for now, or something. lol

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 23, 2011, 06:07:40 PM
I'm still having problems with saving the metal materials and imported objects though. :|

I guess I'll focus on that for now, or something. lol
ah i see... bummer... i'd say focus on that a lil bit more...

btw did u add that option for stage imports yet? xP
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

What's wrong with stage imports, DSX8? O.o

I have no problems at all xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

really? i've been having issue's with it biiig time... mostly transparencies and the shaders dont even work properly even tho i replace it with an original stage shader >.>

and stages use 256 in Unknown4 of the MDL0.... call me crazy but its like now become my worst enemy xDD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 23, 2011, 06:07:40 PM
I'm still having problems with saving the metal materials and imported objects though. :|

I guess I'll focus on that for now, or something. lol

Object files might take a while, I don't know much about your work with those, but I thought that you were further with the metal materials fix. What's your current progress, program-wise?

Quote from: Xiggah on November 23, 2011, 08:39:42 PM
Object files might take a while, I don't know much about your work with those, but I thought that you were further with the metal materials fix. What's your current progress, program-wise?

Both things already work perfectly. The problem that's stopping both things from saving is writing the objects. When you add texture matrices (for metal mats) then you need to rebuild the object and re-write the primitives to include the matrices. Also, if any bones have been edited (for object imports) then the node ids need to be re-written also (it doesn't need a full rebuild, but it causes some null influence issues in NodeMix for some reason).

The node ids in the object seem to go higher than they're supposed to (like they're referencing the null influences) when they're written to the object, causing errors.

The moveset editor I haven't encountered any problems with though. I've just been chuggin' along coding stuff :P

Quote from: DSX8 on November 23, 2011, 08:37:54 PM
really? i've been having issue's with it biiig time... mostly transparencies and the shaders dont even work properly even tho i replace it with an original stage shader >.>

and stages use 256 in Unknown4 of the MDL0.... call me crazy but its like now become my worst enemy xDD

O.o

Well, ok then xD

I guess all of that can be easily fixed anyway... Does material tool change anything?
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on November 23, 2011, 09:07:57 PM
O.o

Well, ok then xD

I guess all of that can be easily fixed anyway... Does material tool change anything?
to be honest... i've never even bothered using ur tool with stages cause b4 this current BB was released, the last BB worked fine for my stages
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

November 23, 2011, 09:33:00 PM #7058 Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 10:09:29 PM by Xiggah
Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 23, 2011, 09:01:55 PMBoth things already work perfectly. The problem that's stopping both things from saving is writing the objects. When you add texture matrices (for metal mats) then you need to rebuild the object and re-write the primitives to include the matrices. Also, if any bones have been edited (for object imports) then the node ids need to be re-written also (it doesn't need a full rebuild, but it causes some null influence issues in NodeMix for some reason). The node ids in the object seem to go higher than they're supposed to (like they're referencing the null influences) when they're written to the object, causing errors. The moveset editor I haven't encountered any problems with though. I've just been chuggin' along coding stuff :P

NodeMix, eh... I can't say I've ever had a reason to work with the NodeID before, but I bet I could teach myself the basics and find some patterns to the error. You seem as if you don't know exactly why the node id goes haywire, right?

EDIT: Seeing as how my 10 minutes worth of research doesn't help too much, although certain posts in this thread did prove useful. I'm starting off by finding all of the differences between a model exported and reimported compared to its original, but I don't think you want me to point out every little detail you probably already know about.

Does this means we'll be able to swap PSAs with the new BrawlBox?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: Xiggah on November 23, 2011, 09:33:00 PM
NodeMix, eh... I can't say I've ever had a reason to work with the NodeID before, but I bet I could teach myself the basics and find some patterns to the error. You seem as if you don't know exactly why the node id goes haywire, right?

EDIT: Seeing as how my 10 minutes worth of research doesn't help too much, although certain posts in this thread did prove useful. I'm starting off by finding all of the differences between a model exported and reimported compared to its original, but I don't think you want me to point out every little detail you probably already know about.

It's a code issue, not an unknown file issue. I know exactly what's wrong, it's just that my code isn't handling it the right way.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on November 24, 2011, 12:40:18 AM
Does this means we'll be able to swap PSAs with the new BrawlBox?

It won't be any easier than it would be doing it with PSA.

You know what would be nice, a rel editor. :P

Too bad not many people have looked inside rels instead of just being able to just patch them.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 24, 2011, 02:26:42 AM
You know what would be nice, a rel editor. :P

Too bad not many people have looked inside rels instead of just being able to just patch them.

^This
Next thing you know you'll be asking the guy to walk on water....

Will it be possible to have two BB's open and be able to copy/paste data between the two? It's not possible in PSA.

Quote from: SqLeon on November 24, 2011, 03:10:59 AM
Will it be possible to have two BB's open and be able to copy/paste data between the two? It's not possible in PSA.

I don't see why not.

Quote from: NaruZeldaMaster on November 24, 2011, 02:51:20 AM
^This
Next thing you know you'll be asking the guy to walk on water....

I can already walk on water