Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ds22 on January 04, 2012, 12:45:25 AM
I added Kamina glasses to Brawl Peach without having to redo the entire rig.
I just needed to have all bones 'rigged' and re-rig all single binded objects (which is just adding a skin modifier and add 1 bone to it).
Yea you are right. its weird how some object are missing their skin.  For example toon links sword. 

Quote from: mr.mugenwii on January 04, 2012, 12:48:01 AM
Yea you are right. its weird how some object are missing their skin.  For example toon links sword. 

That's because it's single-binded. DAEs don't need to be weighted to a skin modifier if there's only one bone; they can just be placed under the node of the joint they're weighted to. This works if you re-import the raw-exported model back into Brawlbox but 3ds Max doesn't seem to know how to export it correctly (even though it does import correctly).

I can export the rig fine if it has any single objects O.o

I believe the "skin" is "collapse" to the object
Stupid Tinypic :C

Hey BJ. I was wondering if you could look into Game and Watch some time for Pikazz and his Paper Mario. We were wondering if it was possible to remove the 2D effect on GAW, i think its through PSA, but maybe .rels. IDK im probably wrong, but please look into it sometime.


Thanks in advance of the past
Sig by Segtendo. Epic

Quote from: Protoman.EXE on January 04, 2012, 02:29:35 AM
Hey BJ. I was wondering if you could look into Game and Watch some time for Pikazz and his Paper Mario. We were wondering if it was possible to remove the 2D effect on GAW, i think its through PSA, but maybe .rels. IDK im probably wrong, but please look into it sometime.


Thanks in advance of the past
I told you, it's in his rels :srs:

dont know exactly where but it's in there!
wanna find out where so we can change it into like 2 in z <w<
Stupid Tinypic :C

That would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, even with the current module editor.

Quote from: ds22 on January 04, 2012, 11:46:05 AM
That would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, even with the current module editor.

I believe it's simple, I found out how to make GW spins around, make so he is "yellowgreen" in color even if he is white and one other is red and flying and always have one "oil layer" in his bucket O_o

also, did the same in final destination and on jigglypuff.
all things that are effects (like the star and the mist) starts at the same time as FD

jigglypuff got same result like GW, also funny is that after he used the finalsmash, he increasing in Z so he getting closer and closer the camera until you move him O.o

dont have any pics right now ;_;
Stupid Tinypic :C

About 3dmax importing .daes, I have a question and don't know if it has been answered yet.

Is there any way to import some dae to 3dsmax without resetting the shades/normals? Most characters need some normal edits in some parts of their bodies, and they're saveable as .max files when edited, and the .dae sure keeps those normal edits too. Brawlbox loads those changes too, but I don't see how to import those changes back from a dae to 3dsmax. This would be useful to edit characters from brawl and import them back without shading problems.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

the model faces the correct direction in 3dsMax, but in brawlbox i get this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:srs:

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
My "Vertexing with Anim8or!" tutorial~

lecapria.tumblr.com

Quote from: pikazz on January 04, 2012, 01:02:10 PM
I believe it's simple, I found out how to make GW spins around, make so he is "yellowgreen" in color even if he is white and one other is red and flying and always have one "oil layer" in his bucket O_o

also, did the same in final destination and on jigglypuff.
all things that are effects (like the star and the mist) starts at the same time as FD

jigglypuff got same result like GW, also funny is that after he used the finalsmash, he increasing in Z so he getting closer and closer the camera until you move him O.o

dont have any pics right now ;_;
Unless you changed that in the module itself, I don't see what you just described remotely related to G&W's 2D Z-axis.

Quote from: ds22 on January 04, 2012, 05:09:11 PM
Unless you changed that in the module itself, I don't see what you just described remotely related to G&W's 2D Z-axis.
I did change all that in G&W module file D:

tried to found out G&W's SD Z-axis but got instead that I told you
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: Ms Spinda on January 04, 2012, 04:20:57 PM
the model faces the correct direction in 3dsMax, but in brawlbox i get this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:srs:

Lol Colletes face looks so derpy XD
Also, there's a model import forum now, with a help section included, please post it there.

God, I hope BJ figures out Hair/Cape Physics and adds support for them in the next update =3

That way if/when I make a V2 of my Krystal import I wouldn't have to rig her tail to zelda's hair bones :/

Also, does anyone have a version of BB that has the undo/redo button in the animation editing still there. 6.5 B doesn't have it X_X

Quote from: pikazz on January 04, 2012, 05:17:07 PM
I did change all that in G&W module file D:

tried to found out G&W's SD Z-axis but got instead that I told you
I wonder how you did find anything in G&W's module, unless you just randomly changed values in the module...

Quote from: ds22 on January 04, 2012, 05:29:51 PM
I wonder how you did find anything in G&W's module, unless you just randomly changed values in the module...
yes and no
I followed in the header 0x6C and went to the offset it said, there is was many floating points so I tested to changed the floating points to see what happened xD
it was random where in the "offset" it was cause I wanted to see big changes :P
Stupid Tinypic :C

Interesting.
But it could possibly be one of those values.
You just need to keep on looking.