Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ANLGC on February 14, 2012, 06:39:41 AM
It is possible to import a model that has no polygons (Object).
I try this numerous of times on models that I created.
This is how you do it (you must do this method carefully and follow what it said)  :
Step 1
Open up BrawlBox 65 (not 65c, it will freeze)

Step 2
Make a new brres node and import the model that has polygons.

Step 3
Once it is imported, start deleting materials and objects except for one polygon and the material that has the on polygon. (textures, leave them)

Step 4
Export the new model in .dae format.

Step 5
Make a new brres node again, don't save. and import it.

Step 6
Then delete everything beside the bones and definitions.

Step 7
Export to dae one more time and make a new brres node again, don't save.

Step 8
Import the newly model that has no polygons, then export it to mdl0

There you have it! :af:
Now its you can preview the bone model with no polygons.
If anybody want to see a video, I'll do it for people to see how I did.
dont many ppl already kno how to do that? xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady


I know what he's talking about. I've seen the Red X when a model failed to preview.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



I see it from time to time too, but only when the model in question is broken or incompatible anyway. Usually accompanied with a runtime error

Quote from: ANLGC on February 14, 2012, 06:39:41 AM
It is possible to import a model that has no polygons (Object).
I try this numerous of times on models that I created.
This is how you do it (you must do this method carefully and follow what it said)  :
Step 1
Open up BrawlBox 65 (not 65c, it will freeze)

Step 2
Make a new brres node and import the model that has polygons.

Step 3
Once it is imported, start deleting materials and objects except for one polygon and the material that has the on polygon. (textures, leave them)

Step 4
Export the new model in .dae format.

Step 5
Make a new brres node again, don't save. and import it.

Step 6
Then delete everything beside the bones and definitions.

Step 7
Export to dae one more time and make a new brres node again, don't save.

Step 8
Import the newly model that has no polygons, then export it to mdl0

There you have it! :af:
Now its you can preview the bone model with no polygons.
If anybody want to see a video, I'll do it for people to see how I did.

Just tell me what the problem is, we don't need a tutorial just to avoid a bug that I can probably fix by simply adding an "if" statement. :srs:

So you can't import a model with no objects. I'll fix it then...

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 14, 2012, 02:08:37 AM
Mewtwo, if you could tell me exactly what's not working right, I can fix it for the next release... The model rebuilder should work perfectly.

Ok, let's see... I've been using these MShadow models for a long time, and they're meant to give characters some shadow in the ground for custom stages. The interesting part in the model is just the MShadow1 material.

Well, these are the MShadow model used in my last stage, and the same thing after changing the name in 1 bone with brawlbox 0.65c. The length of the MShadow1 material is different after this, so I'm assuming the shadows won't work in the stage anymore if I use this model instead of the one I currently use. I've not tested ingame, but that's what happened the other day when I made a similar change, if not the same.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r5cv7ckkkf6xdqc (original)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?54end9o4lk8lqgq (corrupted)

For some reason, brawlbox doesn't like the contents of the material, and rebuilds it in a smaller size. And that's what I don't want to see happen xD
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 14, 2012, 10:42:08 PM
Ok, let's see... I've been using these MShadow models for a long time, and they're meant to give characters some shadow in the ground for custom stages. The interesting part in the model is just the MShadow1 material.

Well, these are the MShadow model used in my last stage, and the same thing after changing the name in 1 bone with brawlbox 0.65c. The length of the MShadow1 material is different after this, so I'm assuming the shadows won't work in the stage anymore if I use this model instead of the one I currently use. I've not tested ingame, but that's what happened the other day when I made a similar change, if not the same.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r5cv7ckkkf6xdqc (original)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?54end9o4lk8lqgq (corrupted)

For some reason, brawlbox doesn't like the contents of the material, and rebuilds it in a smaller size. And that's what I don't want to see happen xD

o.O Well that's new.
There are Part2 entries in the material, and the rebuilder doesn't add them into the newly rebuilt material (which should be identical). :O I'll fix that asap.

I also noticed that all MDL0s always display as "dirty" (a node has been changed), which is why the model always rebuilds. ...which shouldn't happen. I'll fix that too.

https://join.me/774-751-664 :af:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 14, 2012, 10:57:48 PM
o.O Well that's new.
There are Part2 entries in the material, and the rebuilder doesn't add them into the newly rebuilt material (which should be identical). :O I'll fix that asap.

I also noticed that all MDL0s always display as "dirty" (a node has been changed), which is why the model always rebuilds. ...which shouldn't happen. I'll fix that too.

https://join.me/774-751-664 :af:
hope ur able to fix them :D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

i also noticed, when u open a motion file for a model, even if u dont change a thing, it'll ask u to save the changes, no big deal, but its still a bug ^^

Streaming!

Quote from: jokekid on February 14, 2012, 11:32:08 PM
i also noticed, when u open a motion file for a model, even if u dont change a thing, it'll ask u to save the changes, no big deal, but its still a bug ^^

That was the "dirty" thing he mentioned. Dirty means the model has been changed and needs rebuilt, which is why it was rebuilding too often.

Quote from: ANLGC on February 14, 2012, 11:57:18 PM
I didn't mean it as a problem.
I'm just explaining how to import dae files that has no polygons. Just the bones that has no polygons.

Oh but it is a problem: and since you mentioned it, it's getting patched so DAEs without polygons can be imported.

Quote from: Xiggah on February 15, 2012, 12:08:00 AM
Streaming!

That was the "dirty" thing he mentioned. Dirty means the model has been changed and needs rebuilt, which is why it was rebuilding too often.


but not only the model, also external files...

Yeah. Everything turned dirty, pretty bad glitch to be overseen.

Okay I fixed all the problems mentioned except the compression issue and no objects import issue.
For everyone who hasn't been watching the streams:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This a WIP, a lot of controls don't work atm and there are things that don't even render yet, like the keyframe viewer on the right side and the tangent viewer. Layout is still being changed around also, so this isn't the final product.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on February 15, 2012, 04:35:50 AM
Okay I fixed all the problems mentioned except the compression issue and no objects import issue.
For everyone who hasn't been watching the streams:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This a WIP, a lot of controls don't work atm and there are things that don't even render yet, like the keyframe viewer on the right side and the tangent viewer. Layout is still being changed around also, so this isn't the final product.
lookin better each time i see it! :af:

@Xiggah - its always fun wen me and BJ r in the same convo xD
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady