Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

I can confirm that having multiple .rel files per stage using ASL tool works with stage expansion. The only issue is that you would have to apply it for every custom stage but you can easily work around that by just making duplicate files when needed.

I think I found the alternate stage loader code in Project M, but I can't get it to work in Brawl. So that means I need to use the same .rel for alternate stages as for the main ones, unless someone else can get it working for me.
Because of this, I'll can't combine Brinstar Depths with Planet Zebes, and I don't think I can combine the two Mushroom Kingdom stages either.

if you make a new pack, please make a vbrawl version too; its been a hell for us who dont like pm now adays

Quote from: Gamidame_K on July 12, 2015, 11:47:55 PM
if you make a new pack, please make a vbrawl version too; its been a hell for us who dont like pm now adays

This^ tbh i really like a lot of the stages in B- and vbrawl. i was kinda sad when most the fun ones were taken out the PM pack in favor of PM/vbrawl stages, and a good chunk of those are kinda static. i like stages where sometimes things are a bit  hectic and crazy, makes the stages a lot different from one to the next. otherwise its basically FD with a platform >.>

I'll probably make a pack for Brawl. I probably won't make one for Project M this time (although I do have that template without stages I linked to in the OP, which is at Smashboards.)

Here's my plan at the moment (changes from the picture on Page 88):
* Brinstar Depths and Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) will get their own icons, replacing where Melee/N64 Battlefield and Final Destination are now.
* The N64 and Melee versions of Battlefield and Final Destination will both be alternate stages to the Brawl versions (hold L for one, hold R for the other.) Also, the Project M training room will be an alternate of the Brawl one.
* Each STGCUSTOM will still have one alternate, but for many stages it will be the same .PAC file (you can replace it if you want)
* At the moment, the six SSB4 stages I'll include are Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, Windy Hill Zone, and Pyrosphere. I'm not sure about Kalos, though, since I think the version ported to Brawl has different platforms from the SSB4 version.
* The 8 additional stages on the Brawl screen will remain mostly the same - Dracula's Castle will be replaced (probably with Infinite Glacier or Bowser's Castle) and Skyloft will be updated.

In summary: one alternate for each STGCUSTOM, two for STGFINAL/STGBATTLEFIELD/STGONLINETRAINING.
Anyone who's used the alternate stage loader code: is there any downside to giving non-STGCUSTOMs alternates if you don't put a alternate .pac on the SD card? Doesn't it still just load the regular one?

Quote from: libertyernie on July 17, 2015, 05:59:32 PM
* At the moment, the six SSB4 stages I'll include are Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, Windy Hill Zone, and Pyrosphere. I'm not sure about Kalos, though, since I think the version ported to Brawl has different platforms from the SSB4 version.
No Omega-form stages? No Jungle Hijinx? No Woolly World? No Miiverse? Are we getting Hanenbow M?
<- I Support MM8BDM!

Quote from: GameAndWatcher on July 19, 2015, 08:46:57 PM
No Omega-form stages? No Jungle Hijinx? No Woolly World? No Miiverse? Are we getting Hanenbow M?
If there are Brawl versions of Omega versions, I can put them in. Maybe I'll do a poll for people to pick which 6 to include.
I suppose I could make the Project M Hanenbow an alternate of the regular Hanenbow, if I decide to give every existing stage a potential alternate. I still don't know if that has any adverse effects, because I haven't tested it.

Here's another option: I could jettison the Project M / Brawl- / etc. stages entirely, and use the bottom row on both screens for SSB4 stages. This would give me 12 slots, which lets me get most of them in.

Here's the ones I would use in that case:
* Kalos League (omega) - should I use the version with platforms too, even though it's not the SSB4 version?
* Final Destination (regular)
* Dr. Wily's Castle (regular)
* The Great Cave Offensive (omega)
* Windy Hill Zone (regular) (omega) - CaliburZx made the omega version and also has a regular version. DSX8's regular version lags less, but they didn't make an omega version.
* Pyrosphere (regular)
* Miiverse (regular)
* Boxing Ring (regular) (alternate will be the version with the smash logo - no omega version yet)
* Woolly World (regular) (omega)
* Mario Galaxy (regular)
* Jungle Hijinx (regular)
* Gaur Plain (regular)

Omega versions of Brawl stages:
* Delfino Plaza
* Temple

Stages not included in the above list that I found on BrawlVault:
Temple - HD
Castle Siege - HD
Onett - HD
Coliseum (omega)
Mushroom Kingdom U (omega)
Suzaku Castle
Wrecking Crew

I've posted version 7.0s of the Classic Expansion Pack - see the OP for more info.
This post has links to versions 6.1s (Brawl, Brawl-) and 6.5 (Project M 3.5).

Quote from: libertyernie on February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM
Classic Expansion Pack 6.1s - July 20, 2014 - for vBrawl

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Classic Expansion Pack 6.1s - July 30, 2014 - for Brawl- 3.Q

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Classic Expansion Pack 6.5m - Dec. 17, 2014 - for Project M 3.5

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Or, if you want the framework to put your own stages in for PM 3.6 beta, you can use this stage expansion template.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get this to work. You only give instructions on how to use if you have a brawl disc. How can I install this pack while using USB Loader? My PM works perfectly with the homebrew pack, but I cannot figure out how to get this pack working through the loader. When I try the given instructions I just get DVD errors from Gecko.


If you're using a USB loader, I think you can tell that to load the RSBE01.gct, and skip Gecko entirely.

I'm not going to make a Project M version of this, but I did make a blank template: http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-beta-four-versions.345936/ And other people have included that in their custom builds, too.

May 26, 2016, 12:14:42 AM #1317 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:19:38 AM by libertyernie
I'm working on a new vBrawl version of the pack. You can see my progress here: https://github.com/libertyernie/ClassicExpansionPack
(Although, if you're going to check that out with git, you probably want to use --depth 1 - there are a lot of binary files and that is not what git was built for!)

I found out that you can use the Alternate Stage Loader with Riivolution if you leave the File Patch Code in the codeset - it just loads the alt stages using that instead of using Riivolution. (Tested this by running riifs on my computer while taking out an SD card and putting it back in.)

June 01, 2016, 05:58:38 AM #1318 Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:59:55 AM by CalvinHedgewolf13
On a personal note, I used Mewtwo2000's ASL Tool to add Z+A = Smash 4 variation to Battlefield and FD. Also, I feel that more STGCUSTOM stages should use L+A for an Omega alternate.
I had made some small efforts on this, but more so I just swapped out Kalos Omega for Kalos normal, after having ported the REL.

I'd be interested in being a part of the development of future builds, although I'm not sure if it'd actually help much.

Of course, I can help with things along the lines of SSS or making Omega's.
(As I said, the Kalos League stage Omega. I could port it to work over the palutena stcustomXX.rel, thus making another L+A= Omega, which I see too little of in my own opinion.)  

PyotrLuzhin sent me a version of the ASRL code (what Project M uses, so you can have different .rels for alternates) that works in vBrawl, so the .rel files won't be an issue.

I've switched out some of the Smash 4 stages to make sure they all have regular and omega versions. Right now the full list of stages is this: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/8.0s/20160601.html
I've included omega versions of Brawl and Melee stages where I can find them (and made one myself for WarioWare - that's an easy one.)