Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624378 times)
libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1290 on: December 08, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »

glad to hear it's being worked on. too bad PM is so secretive on their code sets, i never really understood why they act like that. i get they don't want people stealing their codes, or custom builds out there. but it seems hardly an issue (they are allowing custom characters and stuff on their threads now). it would just be so much less of a headache to edit certain things. like adding our own stage expansion. or BeX, anyway thats off topic now.

as for the brinstar stage. its colissions are still very strange. i had the newest pack that was released in 3.Q. to me it seams like the stage spins but the colisions don't spin with it, or perhaps spin but are somehow off. i can't put my finger on it. but its  any time the stage spins.

you knwo i was thinking of possible fixes. there is a stage called final frustration that is a FD stage that spins (its in brawl minus i believe actally xD) perhaps you could check its coding and structure to make the brinstar stage more stable? granted i know little about stage hacking.. but that stage spins in all directions including doing 360's at times.

That sounds like what I experience with Brinstar Depths now, except that I can never get it to spin except in slow-motion mode in Training. Does it happen in other circumstances?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1291 on: December 09, 2014, 04:42:43 AM »

That sounds like what I experience with Brinstar Depths now, except that I can never get it to spin except in slow-motion mode in Training. Does it happen in other circumstances?

it happens very randomly. sometimes i'll go thru a stage without it spinning, other times it spines 2-3 times in one round.  i normally just do standard brawl. so nothing special checked.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1292 on: December 09, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »

I looked at it again today, and I'll be able to get the weird spinning to stop by changing the Z-axis rotation on the animation. It was at 8.940697E-6 (37160000 in bytes, in case anyone's interested ) - setting it to 0 does the trick.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1293 on: December 10, 2014, 06:44:06 AM »

I looked at it again today, and I'll be able to get the weird spinning to stop by changing the Z-axis rotation on the animation. It was at 8.940697E-6 (37160000 in bytes, in case anyone's interested ) - setting it to 0 does the trick.

nice! brinstar depths was one of my favorite stages in melee. it was one of the more unique ones for sure. i'll be looking forward to the update.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1294 on: December 17, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »

Quoting this old version here in case anyone ever needs it.

Classic Expansion Pack 6.02m r2 - Feb. 9, 2014 - for Project M 3.02

Classic Expansion Pack 6.02m r2.exe (use with Project M Launcher or Gecko OS - from Mediafire; 154 MB)

There's only one version of the pack this time around. I removed the Brawl-/SSE stages, and added in every stage from Brawl that isn't in PM already (except Mario Bros - that doesn't work over STGCUSTOM for some reason - and Hanenbow, to make room for DSX8's new Icicle Mountain.) It also has all the Melee and SSB64 stages from before, plus the SSB64 How To Play stage.
    If you want the SSE stages back, they're all right here.

In the future, I might add support for Riivolution back in.

Click here to see the instructions and stage list!

Changes in v6.02m r2 (compared to v6.0):
    • Codeset ported to Project M 3.01/3.02
    • Icicle Mountain replaces Online Training Room
    • Online Training Room replaces Hanenbow
    • common5.pac updated for 3.02
    • Kongo Jungle Melee updated
    • better icon layouts if you have less icons

Notes:
    Songs used for expansion stages start with X, Y or Z, and they're in alphabetical order (but skipping some): X06 for STGCUSTOM01 through Z58 for STGCUSTOM24.
    Also, the Stage Builder is now supported. There's something weird that can happen on the custom stages page where the last selected stage sticks in the background, but it's not too big of an issue.

jolo97
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1295 on: December 21, 2014, 10:27:44 AM »

Everytime I try too put a custom brstrm on a custom stage it flippes out and I either get stac or other songs at random speeds with really bad quality

Armored dragon
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1296 on: December 25, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »

Everytime I try too put a custom brstrm on a custom stage it flippes out and I either get stac or other songs at random speeds with really bad quality
    Something I learned is that if you replace a BRSTM file, it freaks out ingame. to get around this, delete the file that you want to replace first, and then put the file in that you want.

C2PO
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1297 on: April 03, 2015, 06:20:40 AM »

My edit for Addon Project M Cheesy

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1298 on: April 03, 2015, 08:29:31 AM »

is that 3.5?

C2PO
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1299 on: April 03, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »

Yes it's 3.5

OCDgamer
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1300 on: June 02, 2015, 08:17:55 PM »

What about adding characters?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1301 on: July 08, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »

I'm thinking about making a version of the Classic Expansion Pack where each STGCUSTOM can have an alternate, using the new version of the alternate stage loader code (like the one Project M uses with the "hold L.")
    Here's my plan at the moment:

The stages split in two means they have an alternate. Here I'm hiding Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) behind Mushroom Kingdom 64, since they're similar and use the same music. I also moved Venom behind Sector Z and Brinstar Depths behind Planet Zebes, since both those stages are missing quite a bit. Then, I combined the two Battlefields and the two Final Destinations, and that gives me a nice layout (first two rows = SSB64, next four rows = Melee, last row = SSB 4 stages?)
    There are still the 8 icons on the first screen. I'd use one for the online training room and the other seven are pretty much fair game.

Speaking of Wii U / 3DS stages ported to Brawl - anyone have any recommendations?

DaDuckHuntDog
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1302 on: July 08, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »

I like this idea! Allows for more music per stage too! As far as Smash4 stages go, I highly recommend DSX8's stages. They look like they came straight out of the game in full quality! Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four for sure. There's also some ports of Windy Hill and Omega Cave Offensive that look great too! Also, when you go about making this, I highly suggest using M22K's ASL tool. The only drawback is that it doesn't work properly with Summit and Flat Zone (right now, at least) so that'd have to be manual.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1303 on: July 08, 2015, 07:02:19 PM »

Wow, it's been a while since I've stopped by here.

I'm in support of the new idea too. In addition to Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four, I'd also use Mario Galaxy, the Boxing Ring stage, Wily's Castle, and even Melee's Icicle Mountain if you're open to it (all of these are by DSX8).

One question, too: is this stable with PM 3.6 now? I know the expanded stages code had some issues for a while with PM.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1304 on: July 09, 2015, 07:13:04 AM »

I like this idea! Allows for more music per stage too! As far as Smash4 stages go, I highly recommend DSX8's stages. They look like they came straight out of the game in full quality! Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four for sure. There's also some ports of Windy Hill and Omega Cave Offensive that look great too! Also, when you go about making this, I highly suggest using M22K's ASL tool. The only drawback is that it doesn't work properly with Summit and Flat Zone (right now, at least) so that'd have to be manual.

You actually end up with less songs this way, because (for example) Planet Zebes and Brinstar Depths would have to share one. Sad They also have to use the same .rel file, I think; I know Project M has alternate stages using different .rels but I think Mewtwo2000 said it only works with their folder setup.
    As for the ASL code, I'll probably do it manually anyway.

Wow, it's been a while since I've stopped by here.

I'm in support of the new idea too. In addition to Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four, I'd also use Mario Galaxy, the Boxing Ring stage, Wily's Castle, and even Melee's Icicle Mountain if you're open to it (all of these are by DSX8).

One question, too: is this stable with PM 3.6 now? I know the expanded stages code had some issues for a while with PM.
    The only stage expansion issue I know of is the random stage one when you have more than 12 stages, and that's still there. Check the link at the bottom of the OP to my Smashboards thread.

Pages:  1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: