Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 628336 times)
Foxfan12
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #825 on: February 20, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »

So I downloaded the Project M version of this and when I get it working, either the loading times are ridiculous, or the game freezes after stage selection. I followed all of the instructions (except for editing common5.pac and whichever menu pac it was that I was supposed to edit - the directions on that were more than ambiguous. And I think that that was only supposed to be for if you added your own custom stages rather than the full pack. Using Riivolution by the way. Anyone have any idea what the heck could be going on?

DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #826 on: February 20, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »

I've been using the P:M pack and keep getting crashes on stages like Distant Planet and original Green Hill Zone. I've added some stuff, but the freezes have only taken place when nothing I've added has come into play. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I could try?

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #827 on: February 20, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »

I think in the next release, I'll be re-arranging the .PAC files and stage icons so all the custom stages are in order (01-24) This should make it easier to use as a base for your own stage expansion setup.
    I've also decided to replace SSB64 Intro with something else, since it was never a playable stage even in SSB64. (I can still include it as an extra, like with Trophy Tussle.)
    I think I'll put in a stage from Brawl- or P:M to replace it for now. That way, the last two slots (the new stage and Online Practice Stage) can serve as "extra" slots that you could replace with anything. However, this could change if Mute City comes out first Wink

PERFECT lol thx

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #828 on: February 21, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »

Here's the second screen on my current SSS:

The first screen is still the same.

Should I try making some sort of installation .exe that automatically inserts the right MiscData[80] into common5 and mu_menumain? I could probably pull it off now that I've gotten used to BrawlLib. In the meantime, I'll try writing some more detailed instructions on the first post.

I've been using the P:M pack and keep getting crashes on stages like Distant Planet and original Green Hill Zone. I've added some stuff, but the freezes have only taken place when nothing I've added has come into play. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I could try?

I honestly have no idea, sorry. Are you using Riivolution? (I can't test Riivolution on my Wii U.)
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:40:37 AM by libertyernie » Logged

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #829 on: February 21, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »

Nope, just using Gecko. I'm going to get a new SD card tonight and see if maybe mine is just getting crappy.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #830 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »

That new second screen looks awesome!

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #831 on: February 22, 2013, 10:59:25 AM »

Well, I went back t just plain PM and haven't had any problems. If no one else is having problems on the expansion Brawl stages I guess it's probably just a problem with my SD card.

I do have my card formatted to FAT16 instead of FAT32 because I thought I'd heard that it would make things run better. Could that be the problem? Is everyone else using 32?

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #832 on: February 22, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »

I used Fat32 for PM 2.5b expansion and everything worked flawlessly.

Foxfan12
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #833 on: February 22, 2013, 11:51:04 PM »

So I finally got this working. Then I decided that I didn't like swimmable water on great bay. I went to the lakora base module converter and converted a dxgarden to a palutena renamed it st_custom19 and placed it in the module folder. Then it crashed. I added the original rel back - but nothing still crashing. Help.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #834 on: February 23, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »

You need to convert a palutena.rel to a custom.rel.

Just renaming a rel won't work, the idea is that the base rel is what the stage is originally supposed to be over (un-swimmable Great Bay is supposed to go over Skyworld) and then you're converting it to whatever stage slot you want it over.

Btw, got a new SD card and formatted to FAT32 and so far it looks like everything's working fine. Sorry for the false smoke.
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:32:08 PM by DocStrange » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #835 on: February 26, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »

Ernie, could you make it so that ALL of the melee stages are together? Or would that be breaking the order? I'd personally like the melee stages on Brawl to be grouped with the expansion melee levels.

They are together, aren't they? I kept them on the 2nd screen in both the old 5.2 and in the new version I'm making (although I rearranged them).

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #836 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:35 AM »

On Mine the temple isn't on the same page as the other melee levels, nor is the rainbow cruise. It doesn't REALLY matter though, I mean I know how to arrange them myself, it'd just be a lot easier to keep up with all the expansion updates.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #837 on: February 26, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »

So just to clarify, the positions of ALL the stages (including the ones that are already in PM) are all controlled by the "Classic Expansion SSS" portion of the code, yes? Is there a decent guide around showing how to change the order?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #838 on: February 26, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »

So just to clarify, the positions of ALL the stages (including the ones that are already in PM) are all controlled by the "Classic Expansion SSS" portion of the code, yes? Is there a decent guide around showing how to change the order?
    There are some guides floating around about how to use the Custom SSS code. Once you find one of those, you should be able to figure out how the code works.
    The position (and size) of the icons is controlled by bone animations, though. MenSelmapPos_TopN__0 for the SSS and MenSelmapPos_TopN__1 for My Music. Frame number = number of icons + 2. You probably won't need to change it, though.

A quick note (to no one in particular): My Music removes Hanenbow (from the 1st screen) and adds Menu (to the 2nd screen), so in a layout like mine with 39/38 stages, it becomes 38/39 on My Music.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #839 on: February 26, 2013, 08:50:48 PM »

I didn't want to change the layout, just the order. Will I still have to mess with the bones in that case? I'm starting to guess yes since I can't find any part of the code where the icons are laid out in in-game order.

EDIT: OK, after digging around I'm convinced that I would have to edit the bones of the SSS to accomplish what I want and I have no idea how to do that and can't find anything to tell me how...
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:43:13 PM by DocStrange » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: