Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

This is definitely my favourite stage expansion pack I've seen in a while! I'm definitely going to try to learn to edit better, mostly because I love Hanenbow and need to definitely add it back in :P

I suppose it would be easiest were the menu image / stage file / rel file and brstm all in one spot but that may be asking a bit much of you, the person who has already provided a great free service

Quote from: wicherheist on February 11, 2014, 05:41:08 AM
Sorry, could you explain how I might be able to fix the problem? I'm not so savvy on all of this and I read the instructions back and forth trying to find a solution, to no avail. Thanks.
When you download the pack, there's a private folder (or a projectm folder, if you're using projectm), and this needs to go on your SD card too along with all the files in it. You might not have those files, or if you do, they might be in the wrong place.

Quote from: libertyernie on February 11, 2014, 11:12:40 PM
When you download the pack, there's a private folder (or a projectm folder, if you're using projectm), and this needs to go on your SD card too along with all the files in it. You might not have those files, or if you do, they might be in the wrong place.
Question right quick oh stage master, im trying to replace the beta brinstar depths in this pack with the competitive version which goes over, frigate, i tried to use the .rel for frigate it came with and renamed it to stg_custom19.rel and i took the STGORPHEON or whatever its called the frigate name and also renamed it to STGCUSTOM19.pac to just get the game freeze when i click it on the stage selection, any ideas? The brinstar depths beta i believe used a paletuna.rel as a base so i even took one of those and renamed it to stgcustom19 and still no luck :/
FC: 0303-7443-8507  PM me if you added me
XBL: IxI Stacker IxI

You generally can't just rename .rel files. You need a converter, like this one:
http://www.lakora.us/rel/
Enter the base .rel you want to use (so if you know it is originally designed to go over Skyworld select that) and then you would want to select STGCUSTOM on the right.

There's also program that edits the .rels for you, so you can enter the original .rel that comes with the stage and it can edit the necessary files, but I couldn't find a link for that =/

Quote from: Syvkal on February 12, 2014, 08:09:47 PM
You generally can't just rename .rel files. You need a converter, like this one:
http://www.lakora.us/rel/
Enter the base .rel you want to use (so if you know it is originally designed to go over Skyworld select that) and then you would want to select STGCUSTOM on the right.

There's also program that edits the .rels for you, so you can enter the original .rel that comes with the stage and it can edit the necessary files, but I couldn't find a link for that =/
Thanks alot! so if i change .rel orpheon to st_custom19 and use the stage that was originally named orpheon to stgcustom19 it should work?
FC: 0303-7443-8507  PM me if you added me
XBL: IxI Stacker IxI

If the stage was originally made to replace orpheon (without the need of a .rel file) then yes you can rename the .pac to stgcustom19 and generate the st_custom19 with the online converter.

If, however, the stage came with a .rel file to replace opheon (so it was intended to originally replace a different file - I believe you said palutena/skyworld?) then use the base .rel (palutena?) and use the converter to generate one to replace st_custom (then just rename to st_custom19)

Quote from: libertyernie on February 11, 2014, 11:12:40 PM
When you download the pack, there's a private folder (or a projectm folder, if you're using projectm), and this needs to go on your SD card too along with all the files in it. You might not have those files, or if you do, they might be in the wrong place.

I replaced the entire pf folder with the pf folder from the download pack as well as the codes folder with the codes folder of the download pack. I'm pretty confident they're in the right place. Both Brawl and the files for Project M run off of my HDD, but I can't imagine that would be the issue.

Quote from: Syvkal on February 12, 2014, 09:53:34 PM
If the stage was originally made to replace orpheon (without the need of a .rel file) then yes you can rename the .pac to stgcustom19 and generate the st_custom19 with the online converter.

If, however, the stage came with a .rel file to replace opheon (so it was intended to originally replace a different file - I believe you said palutena/skyworld?) then use the base .rel (palutena?) and use the converter to generate one to replace st_custom (then just rename to st_custom19)

Thanks for your help i figured it out :D
FC: 0303-7443-8507  PM me if you added me
XBL: IxI Stacker IxI

Quote from: wicherheist on February 12, 2014, 11:44:03 PM
I replaced the entire pf folder with the pf folder from the download pack as well as the codes folder with the codes folder of the download pack. I'm pretty confident they're in the right place. Both Brawl and the files for Project M run off of my HDD, but I can't imagine that would be the issue.
Is this Project M? Maybe you have to replace the pac/gct files in "full" and "wifi" as well. I can't remember if it uses those or not...

Hi,

I was wondering where the text data for the "Replays" menu is located, because the custom stages from this pack do not have their names listed. I poked through "Replay.brres" but did not see any spots where the text could be input. You can change the icons here, and I see no problem if the icons are wrong; I can just swap those out with a generic logo. I just want the text of the replay's stage to display correctly, so I know what I'm looking at in the menu. Where can I find this information, or is it not possible to do with this hack?

I discovered through testing that stages from Brawl that are ported to a custom stage slot lose their sound effects and special effects. For example. Luigi's Mansion in vBrawl has destruction sounds for destroying the pillars/mansion. It also has Boo ghost animation as you destroy the pillars. They are not there when you play the stage when its in a custom slot. To more easily tell what I'm talking about, mute the music and try playing vBrawl then PM with CEP.

Is there a way to have a Brawl stage in a custom slot and still have stage sound effects and special effects?

Ok, this might sound stupid but: How do I know which stages will work? Ok, so I got the code and everything to work; I have additional stages, but they're now the default Training Room. And I'm not really into this with .rel, so what are they, exactly? Can I use a Final Destination stage over a custom one? If so, how?

Ignore this post if you want, but I want to ask how can I make the classic expansion work with brawl ex (I tried using it with the brawl expansion pack and the CSSS got all messeed up and froze

Quote from: rekameohs on February 16, 2014, 03:20:51 AM
Hi,

I was wondering where the text data for the "Replays" menu is located, because the custom stages from this pack do not have their names listed. I poked through "Replay.brres" but did not see any spots where the text could be input. You can change the icons here, and I see no problem if the icons are wrong; I can just swap those out with a generic logo. I just want the text of the replay's stage to display correctly, so I know what I'm looking at in the menu. Where can I find this information, or is it not possible to do with this hack?
I have no idea, sorry!

Quote from: VideogameScrapbook on February 19, 2014, 01:02:11 AM
I discovered through testing that stages from Brawl that are ported to a custom stage slot lose their sound effects and special effects. For example. Luigi's Mansion in vBrawl has destruction sounds for destroying the pillars/mansion. It also has Boo ghost animation as you destroy the pillars. They are not there when you play the stage when its in a custom slot. To more easily tell what I'm talking about, mute the music and try playing vBrawl then PM with CEP.

Is there a way to have a Brawl stage in a custom slot and still have stage sound effects and special effects?
Good question. There might not be one :| other than using the Alternate Stage Loader code, that is.

Quote from: WwwWario on February 21, 2014, 04:21:14 PM
Ok, this might sound stupid but: How do I know which stages will work? Ok, so I got the code and everything to work; I have additional stages, but they're now the default Training Room. And I'm not really into this with .rel, so what are they, exactly? Can I use a Final Destination stage over a custom one? If so, how?
If you want to use an FD stage over a custom one, go to my site http://www.lakora.us/rel and select "Final Destination" on the left and "STGCUSTOM" on the right. Then download the file and give it the name "st_custom##.rel" where ## is the same number as the STGCUSTOM## stage you want to replace. The .rel file goes in the module folder.

Quote from: Kyouma on February 21, 2014, 06:22:44 PM
Ignore this post if you want, but I want to ask how can I make the classic expansion work with brawl ex (I tried using it with the brawl expansion pack and the CSSS got all messeed up and froze
You'd probably have to combine the GCT and the common5.
For the common5, easiest thing to do is use the common5 from the BrawlEx pack, and replace sc_selmap_en>MiscData[80] with the MiscData[80] from the folder "If you want your own common5 or mu_menumain" that I included with the CEP. I don't know about the GCT, but I think Mewtwo2000 has a tool to combine them.

The Minus stage list doesn't show up. Gives an error.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?