Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Quote from: Sirkura on December 08, 2014, 08:32:59 PM
glad to hear it's being worked on. too bad PM is so secretive on their code sets, i never really understood why they act like that. i get they don't want people stealing their codes, or custom builds out there. but it seems hardly an issue (they are allowing custom characters and stuff on their threads now). it would just be so much less of a headache to edit certain things. like adding our own stage expansion. or BeX, anyway thats off topic now.

as for the brinstar stage. its colissions are still very strange. i had the newest pack that was released in 3.Q. to me it seams like the stage spins but the colisions don't spin with it, or perhaps spin but are somehow off. i can't put my finger on it. but its  any time the stage spins.

you knwo i was thinking of possible fixes. there is a stage called final frustration that is a FD stage that spins (its in brawl minus i believe actally xD) perhaps you could check its coding and structure to make the brinstar stage more stable? granted i know little about stage hacking.. but that stage spins in all directions including doing 360's at times.

That sounds like what I experience with Brinstar Depths now, except that I can never get it to spin except in slow-motion mode in Training. Does it happen in other circumstances?

Quote from: libertyernie on December 09, 2014, 12:03:27 AM
That sounds like what I experience with Brinstar Depths now, except that I can never get it to spin except in slow-motion mode in Training. Does it happen in other circumstances?

it happens very randomly. sometimes i'll go thru a stage without it spinning, other times it spines 2-3 times in one round.  i normally just do standard brawl. so nothing special checked.

I looked at it again today, and I'll be able to get the weird spinning to stop by changing the Z-axis rotation on the animation. It was at 8.940697E-6 (37160000 in bytes, in case anyone's interested ) - setting it to 0 does the trick.

Quote from: libertyernie on December 10, 2014, 03:29:52 AM
I looked at it again today, and I'll be able to get the weird spinning to stop by changing the Z-axis rotation on the animation. It was at 8.940697E-6 (37160000 in bytes, in case anyone's interested ) - setting it to 0 does the trick.

nice! brinstar depths was one of my favorite stages in melee. it was one of the more unique ones for sure. i'll be looking forward to the update.

Quoting this old version here in case anyone ever needs it.

Classic Expansion Pack 6.02m r2 - Feb. 9, 2014 - for Project M 3.02

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Everytime I try too put a custom brstrm on a custom stage it flippes out and I either get stac or other songs at random speeds with really bad quality

Quote from: jolo97 on December 21, 2014, 05:27:44 PM
Everytime I try too put a custom brstrm on a custom stage it flippes out and I either get stac or other songs at random speeds with really bad quality
Something I learned is that if you replace a BRSTM file, it freaks out ingame. to get around this, delete the file that you want to replace first, and then put the file in that you want.





I'm thinking about making a version of the Classic Expansion Pack where each STGCUSTOM can have an alternate, using the new version of the alternate stage loader code (like the one Project M uses with the "hold L.")
Here's my plan at the moment:

The stages split in two means they have an alternate. Here I'm hiding Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) behind Mushroom Kingdom 64, since they're similar and use the same music. I also moved Venom behind Sector Z and Brinstar Depths behind Planet Zebes, since both those stages are missing quite a bit. Then, I combined the two Battlefields and the two Final Destinations, and that gives me a nice layout (first two rows = SSB64, next four rows = Melee, last row = SSB 4 stages?)
There are still the 8 icons on the first screen. I'd use one for the online training room and the other seven are pretty much fair game.

Speaking of Wii U / 3DS stages ported to Brawl - anyone have any recommendations?

I like this idea! Allows for more music per stage too! As far as Smash4 stages go, I highly recommend DSX8's stages. They look like they came straight out of the game in full quality! Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four for sure. There's also some ports of Windy Hill and Omega Cave Offensive that look great too! Also, when you go about making this, I highly suggest using M22K's ASL tool. The only drawback is that it doesn't work properly with Summit and Flat Zone (right now, at least) so that'd have to be manual.

Wow, it's been a while since I've stopped by here.

I'm in support of the new idea too. In addition to Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four, I'd also use Mario Galaxy, the Boxing Ring stage, Wily's Castle, and even Melee's Icicle Mountain if you're open to it (all of these are by DSX8).

One question, too: is this stable with PM 3.6 now? I know the expanded stages code had some issues for a while with PM.

Quote from: DaDuckHuntDog on July 09, 2015, 12:48:04 AM
I like this idea! Allows for more music per stage too! As far as Smash4 stages go, I highly recommend DSX8's stages. They look like they came straight out of the game in full quality! Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four for sure. There's also some ports of Windy Hill and Omega Cave Offensive that look great too! Also, when you go about making this, I highly suggest using M22K's ASL tool. The only drawback is that it doesn't work properly with Summit and Flat Zone (right now, at least) so that'd have to be manual.

You actually end up with less songs this way, because (for example) Planet Zebes and Brinstar Depths would have to share one. :( They also have to use the same .rel file, I think; I know Project M has alternate stages using different .rels but I think Mewtwo2000 said it only works with their folder setup.
As for the ASL code, I'll probably do it manually anyway.

Quote from: PseudoTypical on July 09, 2015, 01:02:19 AM
Wow, it's been a while since I've stopped by here.

I'm in support of the new idea too. In addition to Pyrosphere and Kalos Elite Four, I'd also use Mario Galaxy, the Boxing Ring stage, Wily's Castle, and even Melee's Icicle Mountain if you're open to it (all of these are by DSX8).

One question, too: is this stable with PM 3.6 now? I know the expanded stages code had some issues for a while with PM.
The only stage expansion issue I know of is the random stage one when you have more than 12 stages, and that's still there. Check the link at the bottom of the OP to my Smashboards thread.