Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on June 21, 2014, 11:40:37 AM
Me, actually. I'm expanding all my characters, I'm using the max number of stages, and most of them are ASL'd. Have you checked if the stages in each slot are compatible with the used rel?

Should have been, I was only doing it on Final Destination for starters to see if I could get it working. If I was going to try it on a fresh install would your tools do the trick? cBliss then Stage Expansion then ASL? Might give it a go now that I have some time to deal with troubleshooting.

Quote from: HowDoISpaceJam on June 21, 2014, 05:40:44 AM
Yep, works fine for me. Pretty sure you can just use Mewtwo2000's cBliss tool and it'll do the work for you.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33347

Besides running the tool, what files do you have to add to the CEP to get it to work? Everything I try results in a beep freeze as soon as I press start on the css.

I'm thinking about what stages should go on that bottom row in the first screen next time I update the pack. What do you think of taking out Underground and replacing it with Brawl-'s Lavender Town?
Also, the frozen New Pork City isn't in Brawl- anymore, so I might replace it with one of the other Brawl- stages. 1337 m, the new New Pork City, and Lavaville are options. Or I could use Lavender Town to represent Brawl- and put Poke Floats 2 in the free spot.

Can somebody walk me through using the Alternate Stage Loader with the Classic Expansion Pack? I've got a daytime and nighttime version of a stage that I want to load over a "customXX" stage, is this possible?

Only if you are going to use 2 versions of every custom stage afaik.

Can anyone give me a rundown on what to change in the project m pack's code so custom stages and the training stage can't be chosen at random?

Quote from: DocStrange on July 01, 2014, 12:42:57 AM
Can anyone give me a rundown on what to change in the project m pack's code so custom stages and the training stage can't be chosen at random?
There's just one code you have to take out:
Enable Random Expansion Stages v1.1 [Phantom Wings]:
* c26b7a6c 00000005
* 3860001f 2c120000
* 41820008 3860000a
* 7c101800 41800008
* 38000001 7c800379
* 60000000 00000000

Google chrome says the file is malicious, what do I do?


July 11, 2014, 03:32:47 AM #1253 Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:41:12 AM by DocStrange
Thanks for the info!

Btw, I was wondering if there was any chance you could do a version with a 12-16 stage PM template but have all of the expansion stages on the second page, up top where they would be in the 36 stage pack, and maybe disconnected a bit from the rest of the stages. It seems like this would be nice for trying to keep the competitive aspects of PM seperate from the extra fun stuff.

Edit: I tried searching for the code you posted but couldn't find it and I'm almost positive I was playing the latest version of the pack (the 12 stage template) and got an expansion stage at random. I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure *shrug*

July 20, 2014, 04:26:02 PM #1254 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:17:42 PM by libertyernie
Later today I'll upload a new version of the pack for Brawl. All I'm doing is adding Lavender Town and Poke Floats 2 (replacing frozen New Pork City and Underground), plus updating three other stages. I'll post a zip file with just the changes from v6.0s.
For Brawl- I'd rather just put together a new pack. I might add stages from previous Brawl- versions, now that they have all the old versions on their site (yay!)

Quote from: DocStrange on July 11, 2014, 03:32:47 AM
Thanks for the info!

Btw, I was wondering if there was any chance you could do a version with a 12-16 stage PM template but have all of the expansion stages on the second page, up top where they would be in the 36 stage pack, and maybe disconnected a bit from the rest of the stages. It seems like this would be nice for trying to keep the competitive aspects of PM seperate from the extra fun stuff.

Edit: I tried searching for the code you posted but couldn't find it and I'm almost positive I was playing the latest version of the pack (the 12 stage template) and got an expansion stage at random. I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure *shrug*
The expansion stages might still show up on random if you have more than (I think) 13 stages.
I'll look into the P:M thing - shouldn't be too hard for me to move the icons.

Post Merge: July 20, 2014, 11:17:40 PM

Version 6.1s is uploaded now. If you already have the pack, just grab the updates-only zip file - it's split into 2 folders: one with the 2 new stages, and one with the 3 updated stages.
Here's the link to the old 6.0s (saved for posterity):
Classic Expansion Pack 6.0s - Jan. 20, 2014

For Brawl/Brawl-
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Can somebody release Poke Floats here?! Please :'D

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

July 24, 2014, 01:54:32 PM #1256 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:34:23 AM by libertyernie
For the Brawl- version of the expansion pack, my plan right now is to include all the N64 and Melee stages that are in the regular CEP, plus the Melee stages that are in Brawl but not Brawl- (there are 7 of them) and any Brawl- stages from 2.x.6 or 3.3 that aren't in 3.5. This leaves me with 1 or 2 stage slots left over, and it also puts me in the weird position of having 3 different versions of Yoshi's Island Melee.
Later I'll post a list of what stages I'm planning on putting in so far.

EDIT: Here's the list.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 26, 2014, 01:55:54 AM #1257 Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:06:42 AM by KTH
You should include SSB4 and 3DS stage on your Classic Exp. Pack. That would be nice.
There actually a lot of SSB4 stages. I know it's "Classic" Expansion Pack but many people would love it.

Arena Ferox
Dr. Wily's Castle
Boxing Ring
Windy Hill Zone by me [WIP]
Final Destination by GBC [WIP]
Pilots Wings
Mario Galaxy by DSX8 [WIP]
Skyloft by DSX8 [WIP]
Pyroshere
Great Fox
Tortimer Island by Snoopy [WIP]
Spirit Tracks by DSX8 [WIP]
Palutena's Temple by Angelglory [WIP]
Nintendogs Living Room by Snoopy [WIP]

And others I can't find like Prism Tower stage, but those one are just some example and I'm not asking to include all of them. Just the famous one. Like 2 or 3 from them.

I think KTH's idea would re-fresh this project; I mean, now that the stage expansion has all brawl-melee-64 stages; if it also had the wii u stages; that would be like the ultimate thing!

Well, if every stages from SSB64 and SSBM are here, I think SSB4's stage would be a nice addition, IMO