Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

I've uploaded the first (maybe only?) release candidate for version 8.0s. There are two versions - with and without alternate stages. Let me know in this thread if you have any questions or problems.

June 20, 2016, 04:59:23 PM #1336 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:49:50 PM by Oceanboy06
I Have A Problem!
My Wii Freezes EveryTime The Stage Select Screen Appears!
Please Help!
Edit: Nevermind I Got It Working



I've made version 8.0s final. The only change from rc1 is that I've taken out the SSB4 Final Destination (Edwguard Flows is working on a better version, but it's not done yet, and I didn't want the pack to have something that would become out of date soon.)

Quote from: libertyernie on February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM
Classic Expansion Pack 8.0s - June 26, 2016 - for vBrawl

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Classic Expansion Pack 7.0s - August 30, 2015 - for vBrawl

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Or, if you want the framework to put your own stages in for PM 3.6 final, you can use this stage expansion template.

June 26, 2016, 09:58:24 PM #1340 Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:12:57 PM by Jigiba
with the 8.0s release candidate w/ ASRL I would get an error after choosing a stage and with this final one it says sd codes not found even though they're there

didn't have either of those issues with 7.0s

tried changing through all the hook types
0818-5827-9153

Are you using Wii, Wii U, or Dolphin?
If you could put your SD card in a zip file and upload it somewhere I can take a look at it.

dolphin

with the internet here it's going to take a long time but I'm working on uploading it

all I did was replace everything inside the 7.0s sd.raw with what's inside the SDRoot folder of 8.0s, and everything is in the right place

the gct is in the codes folder on the root
I tried putting a copy in the pf folder, generating new ones using the codeset.txt, forcing all regions and never mind I just got it working

put it on an sdhc sd
0818-5827-9153

Oh, that's right - Gecko+FPC won't work on SDHC cards. Riivolution would, but then you can't use the alternate stage loader.
Maybe I should make an sd.raw and distribute that too.

June 30, 2016, 12:21:57 AM #1344 Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:23:31 AM by rtgleason
I downloaded the 8.0s Classic Expansion Pack with the Alternate Stage Loader code, and put it on my SD Card, but the game freezes when I go to the stage select screen.
Ryan Gleason reporting for duty!

Sounds like a problem with either one of the codes or the size of the sc_selmap, but I'm not sure why either of those would occur. What's your setup like (Gecko vs Riivolution and Wii vs Dolphin)?

My setup was Gecko vs Riivolution. Can you update the 8.0s Expansion Pack with the codes and size of the sc_selmap fixed?
Ryan Gleason reporting for duty!

Quote from: libertyernie on June 29, 2016, 02:32:57 PM
Oh, that's right - Gecko+FPC won't work on SDHC cards. Riivolution would, but then you can't use the alternate stage loader.
Maybe I should make an sd.raw and distribute that too.

Thats not exactly true. you can use the SDHC code to add support, most mods these days have it. tho dolphin does suffer a hard 2 gig limit, even with the code. work around is putting files on the disc.  also it may be possible to add riivo support if someone wants to take the XML and add in each stage manually. similar to how the expansion stages were done in the past. tho considering the SSS can now have up to 2500 stages + xD that may take a long time.

July 15, 2016, 03:45:03 PM #1348 Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:20:16 PM by libertyernie
Quote from: rtgleason on July 11, 2016, 11:23:30 AM
My setup was Gecko vs Riivolution. Can you update the 8.0s Expansion Pack with the codes and size of the sc_selmap fixed?
When I get home I'll check what size sc_selmap needs to be in order to work. Apparently sc_selmap needs to be 1214283 bytes or less. What size is yours? If it's smaller than that, the problem must be with something else, and I'm not sure what is causing it.
Quote from: Sirkura on July 12, 2016, 05:22:51 AM
Thats not exactly true. you can use the SDHC code to add support, most mods these days have it. tho dolphin does suffer a hard 2 gig limit, even with the code. work around is putting files on the disc.  also it may be possible to add riivo support if someone wants to take the XML and add in each stage manually. similar to how the expansion stages were done in the past. tho considering the SSS can now have up to 2500 stages + xD that may take a long time.
Where's the SDHC code? I've never seen it.

Quote from: libertyernie on July 15, 2016, 03:45:03 PM
When I get home I'll check what size sc_selmap needs to be in order to work. Apparently sc_selmap needs to be 1214283 bytes or less. What size is yours? If it's smaller than that, the problem must be with something else, and I'm not sure what is causing it.Where's the SDHC code? I've never seen it.

My size of the sc_selmap.pac for this stage expansion pack is 1,174 KB.
Ryan Gleason reporting for duty!