Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

August 13, 2016, 01:53:55 AM #1350 Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:22:01 PM by Unit
Question:

So I downloaded the Classic Expansion Pack 7.0 from the OP, and when I took a look at sc_selmap.pac's MiscData80, I noticed that only origins from Super Smash Bros. 64, Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4's exists.

So my question is:

If I wanted to re-add an origin into the MiscData80 again, For Example: Star Fox, would stages like Lylat Cruise and Corneria have their stage listed that they're from Star Fox? Or would it still say the stage origin is from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Melee?

Edit:

Nevermind, I tested it myself and the it exceeds the file size limit. I already came up with an alternate solution on including origins for stages, while keeping the file size limit from exceeding. It won't look nice but it's for the best.

Quote from: libertyernie on July 15, 2016, 03:45:03 PM
When I get home I'll check what size sc_selmap needs to be in order to work. Apparently sc_selmap needs to be 1214283 bytes or less. What size is yours? If it's smaller than that, the problem must be with something else, and I'm not sure what is causing it.Where's the SDHC code? I've never seen it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.0

Quote from: libertyernie on July 15, 2016, 03:45:03 PM
When I get home I'll check what size sc_selmap needs to be in order to work. Apparently sc_selmap needs to be 1214283 bytes or less. What size is yours? If it's smaller than that, the problem must be with something else, and I'm not sure what is causing it.Where's the SDHC code? I've never seen it.

So sorry for not gettign back sooner, the thread got burried while i was away >.< anyway the SDHC code is here:

SDHC Extension 1.1[Bero]
C23CB3D8 00000004
546302D7 41820014
38600001 3C808058
60840300 90640000
2C1D0000 00000000
C23EEE18 00000007
80610014 54630253
41820028 38000009
8061000C 5463C43E
38630001 1CC30400
3C60803E 6063EE58
7C6903A6 4E800420
80A1000C 00000000
C23CB620 00000008
3D60805A 616B9350
816B0000 2C0B0000
41820024 2C040040
4182001C 39600001
91610008 3D60803C
616BB410 7D6903A6
4E800420 9421FFC0
60000000 00000000
C23CB4AC 00000003
38C00000 2C160000
41820008 38C00001
60000000 00000000
C23CB5D4 00000009
807C001C 2C030001
806DCE1C 41820034
80030000 90190000
80030004 90190004
80030008 90190008
8003000C 9019000C
3C60803C 6063B5E0
7C6903A6 4E800420
60000000 00000000
043EEA20 48191905
043EEC1C 48191709
06580324 00000028
3F008058 63180300
83180000 2C180000
4182000C 7CB92B78
48000008 7F2531D6
548006FF 4E800020
043EEB6C 481917E1
043EED68 481915E5
0658034C 00000028
3C608058 60630300
80630000 2C030000
4182000C 3B390001
48000008 7F39BA14
4E800020 00000000
043CBA24 481B48E1
043CBD60 481B45A5
06580304 00000020
3EC08058 62D60300
82D60000 2C160000
41820008 7C802378
7C040040 4E800020
C23EE0BC 00000003
38000000 3C60805A
60639350 90030000
3C60805A 00000000


PM and B- already have this code included. no glitches.

Woah, I didn't know the ASL got fixed up for vBrawl! Just tested this out and can confirm your pack works with BrawlEx as well.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 15, 2016, 06:31:42 AM
Woah, I didn't know the ASL got fixed up for vBrawl! Just tested this out and can confirm your pack works with BrawlEx as well.

Yep i actually suggested to pyoter to send this to lib, it was one of the issues we had to overcome for BeX +PM. pyoter can take most the credit tho xD i was only able to point where memory adresses were conflicting. thats about the extent of what i can do code wise. Anyway always makes me happy seeing others benifit from our work <3 If you happen to find any bugs let me know. i'll try to iron them out.

Oh, I knew it was the one he was working on. He was properly credited on the code list and I knew he was working on it. Just been waiting awhile, glad it finally got released!

August 16, 2016, 05:17:38 PM #1356 Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:48:00 PM by Unit
Hey, so I just tested all the levels on the Classic expansion pack 7.0. I just noticed that Pokemon Stadium (Melee) tends to freeze upon loading. Is there a fix on that issue on 8.0?

EDIT:

So I just found out what my culprit was in the Classic Expansion Pack version 7.0. Since it's not letting me post images for some reason, I'll leave here in links:

Image set 1: My Music - Menu disguising as Pokemon Stadium
http://imgur.com/gibI6Lh
http://imgur.com/pw6n1li

Image set 2: My Music - Menu
http://imgur.com/EQBjmv6
http://imgur.com/a/ezaeO

It was a little confusing at first since Custom Stages appear as Pokemon Stadium on the My Music Menu, but since I kept referring to the Stage Selection menu, I was able to find out which Pokemon Stadium Icon was the REAL Pokemon Stadium, and not a Custom Stage on the My Music Menu. Which is supposed to be the Icon that comes right after Big Blue (see image in the link in Set 1).

But since I was able to make it easier to explain my situation, I discovered that the Main Menu was also disguising up as Melee's Pokemon Stadium, even though, it has an icon of it's own that should only appear on the My Music Menu. Since playing on the Main Menu as a stage would crash, it explains why Pokemon Stadium wasn't able to work when I selected it to Brawl on as a stage.  
So to summarize it: The Pokemon Stadium Icon on the Melee's Stage Selection page is what I believe to be the Main Menu, and it freezes because it doesn't actually load up Pokemon Stadium.

So anyone familiar with the Custom Stage Selection Code, wanna help me out on how to get Melee's Pokemon Stadium to work again on this code? It's the only stage that crashes because it supposedly leads to the Main Menu when trying to Brawl on it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Edit again:

I just decided to download the latest pack, which fixes the issue.

August 24, 2016, 06:44:54 AM #1357 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:04:02 AM by Ebola16
Excellent work on a vBrawl compatible ASRL! I was able to integrate it into my build!
Some information:
I believe the documentation for "Classic Expansion Pack 8.0s - no ASRL.7z.exe" and "Classic Expansion Pack 8.0s - with ASRL.7z.exe" is switched.

Quote from: Ebola16 on August 24, 2016, 06:25:10 AM
A few notes for anyone who tries to use ASRL with Brawlex:
1. The layout of the custom SSS code that accompanies the new ASRL is slightly messed up but well documented. You can use your old custom SSS code and just replace the new STGCUSTOM26-28 if you want too. Switching the association of STGCUSTOM26-28's stage cosmetics with their replaced stage is easier than making whole new stage cosmetics (and PAT0 entries...).
2. Big Blue is missing from the ASRL setup but it works fine if you add it. (Unlike Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise)
3. The DATA section of "ASRL - Stages" and "ASRL - Modules" codes are identical. The ASL tool edits the "ASRL - Stages" code so you can just copy over the changes for the "ASRL - Modules" code.
4. The old Custom Sound Engine is incompatible with the new ASRL. The new Custom sound engine must be used. Keep in mind that it loads files from a different location and has slightly different acceptable filename ranges.
5. The Tracklist Modifier code is compatible with STGCUSTOM26-28 too (don't forget about the byte count!)
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

September 14, 2016, 08:59:19 PM #1358 Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:06:12 PM by Ebola16
You can try my setup although it's not the default one. I used EYoshi's Maxed Out SSS as my custom SSS base. Castle Siege has been replaced by STGCUSTOM26 and Lylat Cruise has been replaced by STGCUSTOM27 since the original stages interfere with the Brawlex ASRL.
Every stage (except flat zone 2) has:
Y button activator for *_Y
X button activator for *_X
Z button activator for *_Z (I haven't added any *_Z files yet so this one is untested)

Also, alt .rels are enabled on every button activator. STGCUSTOM## require alt .rels even if the alt .rel is the same as the base stage.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

November 02, 2016, 05:20:51 AM #1359 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:27:28 AM by CalvinHedgewolf13
     Alright, guys. I found it, finally! The code that allows two/three sets of all existing stage slots, via RSBE02, RSBE03, and '04. The code is in the GCT file (obviously), and it works by changing the SSS and stage data from one folder to another when holding X/y/R/B while changing stage roster pages.
    That maxes it out to the ironical number of 666 with three alternates per stage (calculated for PM, not vBrawl), but that's still so many more. 333 regular stage slots with three possible alternates each. Now, talk about "expansion."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ51A6ow4Lo

(Note: This message is generally directed at libertyernie, but it's out here in the open for all to see and comment on. Cheers~!)

Ooh, wow! If I ever make another version of this pack I'll keep that in mind.

I noticed that the ASRL Flat Zone 2 .rel issue was solved in secretchaos1's Smash Bros. Infinite. Unlike the other stages, the values expected for the "ASRL - Stages" (0x47570E50) and "ASRL Modules" (0x47570E52) codes are not the same.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 15, 2016, 06:31:42 AM
Woah, I didn't know the ASL got fixed up for vBrawl! Just tested this out and can confirm your pack works with BrawlEx as well.
yes and for me its work great thnks
TextToSpeechRobot.com The Best Free Web Based Service For Text To Speech.
TTS Robot will read any text in the most realistic,natural human-sounding way in a variety of languages.
Completely Free of cost and No Registration required for use.

Quote from: Ebola16 on December 01, 2016, 09:00:25 AM
I noticed that the ASRL Flat Zone 2 .rel issue was solved in secretchaos1's Smash Bros. Infinite. Unlike the other stages, the values expected for the "ASRL - Stages" (0x47570E50) and "ASRL Modules" (0x47570E52) codes are not the same.
Neat! What are those two values? I assume one is 0x18 and the other isn't?

Quote from: libertyernie on December 02, 2016, 05:38:06 PM
Neat! What are those two values? I assume one is 0x18 and the other isn't?
Sorry that I was not clear.

2nd try:

I noticed that the ASRL Flat Zone 2 .rel issue was solved in secretchaos1's Smash Bros. Infinite.
The value for Flat Zone 2's ASCII identifier is 0x47570E50 in "ASRL - Stages" and 0x47570E52 in "ASRL - Modules"
To my knowledge, this is the only stage that has different ASCII identifiers for the same stage within the ASRL.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!