Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 993424 times)
Ricky (Br3)
KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3150 on: July 29, 2017, 10:51:19 PM »

For some reason i cant see videos on the vault entries, i tried viewing them on different browsers, but the result is the same, i tried reinstalling Adobe Flash Player, but nothing, some help?

You mean on Audio entries? I'm having the same issue, but I've only tried on Chrome.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Oizen
    Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

« Reply #3151 on: August 04, 2017, 06:10:13 PM »

What if we had a forum

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #3152 on: August 04, 2017, 07:24:41 PM »

What if we had a forum
    What if we had a forum

Lol Grin

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3153 on: February 25, 2019, 02:58:47 PM »

I really hate to Necropost in a year long thread, but I feel it's rather important to bring up.

In the off-chance these forums ever go down, could we lift the restriction of having an account to view the tutorials section to assist in archival purposes?

I also feel at this point with the forums being so inactive that we also start being more lenient regarding necroposting rules.

Additionally, the forums and the Vault tend to suffer from poor load times with video embedding being broken and code viewing being broken on Chrome. Not to mention the severe bot problem. There's usually at least one spambot every time I check in on the forums.

I know Vyse is the only website coder, which makes these things easier on paper, but I'd just like to see some sort of statement on the state of the KC-MM Forums and BrawlVault.

Even though I'm not very active here, I usually make sure to check on the Forums at least once a day, and I'm aware these forums aren't going to be around forever (with activity becoming less as the months go by), which is why I want to make things easier to archive on this website for when that day comes.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:59:58 PM by KingJigglypuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #3154 on: February 25, 2019, 05:59:51 PM »

I have been keeping an eye on all new reports made. When it comes to bots, I'm glad people report them because I can manage to clean their posts and ban them ASAP (I always have time to check the forums at least once a day on week days).

When it comes to necroposting, I agree that we can be little less strict given the low activity. I had intended to discuss that with the admins for a while because the majority of reports nowadays are either bots/necroposts (of course, given the lower activity of the forums, that is obvious). However, be aware that the mods analyse every report on its context, so not every necropost report necessarily leads to a sanction. Given that, there might not need to be a change in the rules on that regard. We'll see.

I'm not sure on the full staff stance on what is shown to the unregistered public, but I'll try to bring that to their attention soon (unless they see it themselves here first, of course).

When it comes to the forum/vault coding, I hope we can still be updating whatever is necessary to keep up with the times. We actually have a long list of changes we'd like implemented, including the addition of more games to be covered up (mainly Ultimate). So, with a long list of due changes and only one coder avaliable, we're really crippled on that aspect. But if it's an easy enough of a fix, and there's enough time avaliable, who knows. I'll let you know.

TL;DR: The staff will surely discuss your suggestions, they are all quite valid given the current state of our forums. Thanks for the inputs and I'll be glad to give you a return as briefly as we can.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3155 on: February 25, 2019, 06:05:09 PM »

Thanks for the elaboration, Br3. I'll be looking forward to any developments.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3156 on: February 28, 2019, 05:52:15 AM »

I really hate to Necropost in a year long thread, but I feel it's rather important to bring up.
    Considering the state of the board, it'll never be a problem to necropost threads with valuable input (And it's never ever been forbidden to necropost "official channels" as this actual thread).

I also feel at this point with the forums being so inactive that we also start being more lenient regarding necroposting rules.
    It's up to the Moderator's discretion. As for me, yes I'm very flexible with this rule considering the forum's status.

In the off-chance these forums ever go down, could we lift the restriction of having an account to view the tutorials section to assist in archival purposes?
    I see more benefit in having it visible than restricted to online members, so yes, it's changed.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3157 on: February 28, 2019, 07:19:33 AM »

That's great to know. Every now and then, I would get complaints from some people about having to be logged in to view a tutorial or guide I linked to them.

As for more lenient Necroposting restrictions, back in the day, I suggested increasing the time from 3 weeks to 6 weeks, though with the state these Forums seem to be in, I could see it being 9 weeks.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3158 on: March 11, 2019, 01:34:06 PM »

I think that the archiving would be the most important; if it's true that this website won't be up forever, at least a way for the Brawl Vault and for tutorials to have backups somewhere, since almost all of them are available nowhere else, would be a really good idea. It could save people's skins, especially for tutorials like mine that have FAQs, to prevent 5000 messages from random people about why an error is happening, for example

Speedy101
    Holy Kitten

You were my New Dream

• Awards Warm Welcomer Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3159 on: March 11, 2019, 04:17:10 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?action=profile;u=53340

^I swear these bots just keep coming, it's like a freakin outbreak or invasion.   

personas: [Nathan Drake Cole Mcgrath(Street  Fighter X tekken version  Jonah Hex Johnny storm Cilf Hudson Sonic Chuck Greene Frank West batman wolverine the Flash Green Lantern  Superman  Marty Mcfly  The atom(Dc universe comics)  Mimic (The Exlies  comics version) Alan Wake  Rambo  Indiana Jones and others

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3160 on: March 11, 2019, 09:21:36 PM »

You could, just, you know, report their post and mention they're a bot?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3161 on: March 19, 2019, 10:07:15 PM »

Something has come to my attention: I don't wish for my tutorial to be "featured" or anything like that, but I've seen a lot of people still thinking that only Max can be used for imports, so I was just wondering if the "Resources" page of kc-mm could update the description of Blender to be the latest, that it can now be used for model imports, and maybe even link to Autodesk's FBX Converter? Besides which, Anim8or is so ridiculously old, the description should at the very least be updated to mention DarkPikachu's UMC for Blender, cause that's at least semi more recent, but if it could be mentioned about the converter, and a link to it, as well as a mention that the .psk files from Brres Viewer are good for the actual rigging itself, I'd be beyond ecstatic! Smiley

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3162 on: March 27, 2019, 07:38:23 AM »

Something has come to my attention: I don't wish for my tutorial to be "featured" or anything like that, but I've seen a lot of people still thinking that only Max can be used for imports, so I was just wondering if the "Resources" page of kc-mm could update the description of Blender to be the latest, that it can now be used for model imports, and maybe even link to Autodesk's FBX Converter? Besides which, Anim8or is so ridiculously old, the description should at the very least be updated to mention DarkPikachu's UMC for Blender, cause that's at least semi more recent, but if it could be mentioned about the converter, and a link to it, as well as a mention that the .psk files from Brres Viewer are good for the actual rigging itself, I'd be beyond ecstatic! Smiley
    You're [censored] right that it's outdated. I mean, last time we updated that page was on late 2015!

I'd really appreciate if you could hand us descriptions to modify to update it, as, being honest, I've been detached from the Modding Community for a good time now.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3163 on: March 27, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »

To bounce off what Windhunter brought up, I'd like to propose adding the following to Resources:

BrawlCrate. A branch of BrawlBox v0.78 (made by soopercool101) which fixes numerous bugs while adding various new features. It updates rather frequently depending on what sooper's working on. BrawlCrate also features a "Canary" system which lets users test new features before the next stable release is pushed.
    The current stable version is v0.24 (Hotfix 1): https://github.com/soopercool101/BrawlCrate/releases/tag/BrawlCrate_v0.24Hotfix1

PSA Compressor. A branch of Project Smash Attacks (made by ICLPX) which fixes numerous bugs while adding various new features. Unlike BrawlCrate, PSA Compressor doesn't update very frequently.
    The current version is v0.35: https://ux.getuploader.com/iclpxnohokanko1/download/110

Better PSA Compressor Config. Enhanced configuration files (lead by TheGag96) for PSA Compressor which fixes numerous param label errors and adds labels for newly discovered PSA commands.
    https://github.com/TheGag96/pm-hax/tree/master/Better%20PSAC%20Config

Item Editor. A branch of PSA Compressor (also by ICLPX) which allows the editing of Items and Kirby Hats.
    The current version is v0.12: https://ux.getuploader.com/iclpxnohokanko1/download/107

PSA Remaker. A standalone program (also by ICLPX) used to add Sub Actions and Actions to a given moveset file (requires additional module editing to get them to work properly).
    The current version is v0.14: https://ux.getuploader.com/iclpxnohokanko1/download/111

CodeWrite. A clone/branch of ASMWiiRd (made by TheGag96) which allows users experienced with assembly to make their own ASM codes.
    The current version is v1.0.6: https://github.com/TheGag96/CodeWrite/releases/tag/v1.0.6

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3164 on: March 27, 2019, 12:09:11 PM »

Sure! Here's an idea of a description I had in mind:

Blender: For use with Autodesk FBX Converter to rig and import models. Free alternative to 3DS Max.

Autodesk FBX Converter: For use with Blender; this program is used in conjunction to convert between Blenders fbx format and Brawlbox's/BrawlCrates dae format.

Pages:  1 ... 208 209 210 [211] 212
    Print
    Jump to: