Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 11 12 13 [14]
Author Topic: The greatest magician ever: SOREN Version 4X and Videos now NEW  (Read 72689 times)
Reiner
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »

To begin, I must say. BRILLIANT. Amazing job with the PSA: however... it seems a little overpowered (like Ike-Cloud).

Since there are a crapload of moves, I'll make a summary.

First off:

His standard, ground B-attacks... They... are completely broken (in the right situations, of course).

Rexcalibur - it spikes people who approach it from lower ground. e.g. you're on the very edge of a platform; you're going to spike anyone on the ledge. It may not be powerful, but it's constant. That brings me to the topic of ledge guarding. Just standing on the ledge and spamming Rexcalibur is brutal to all those who might try to recover.

Blizzard has a rather large range... making a counter attack from the front is just... brave (foolish).

Wind Hand is just... spammable to the point when you're keeping a good distance and doing a good 10 damage each bout.

SideSmash: You can actually spam a smash that gains ground? That's insane

Thoron: Geeze... this is pretty much a wall of electricity that tells people off the platform to stay off. It also hits everyone on the ground, ANYWHERE. That's just frightening and overpowered.

Thunder Speed: This is a spammable move that has a huge range and good movement. 15 damage/ use if you're well placed. Even if you're not, it's hard for anyone to get near you for an attack. It's just... ergh...

Bolganone: The charged one hit kill is just... It's superior to pretty much any attack in the game... Sure it takes a while to charge, but when it does, you're gone. If that wasn't enough, you have it on both sides, you're protected by explosions of brilliant proportions.

Fire Transporters: Almost 50% damage in a single use. That's just brutal. You might want to reduce the number of hits and increase the speed of it.

UpTilt: Sleep? Come on, that's just unreal. If you get it on an opponent with high damage, you just need to use it then use a Fire Smash to finish it.

Besides my complaints/QQing/bias, I'm a huge fan of the magemodding you did here. Nice work. I hope to see some more pieces from you (and possibly a V5 for Soren).

Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #196 on: April 24, 2010, 11:14:18 PM »

I don't find it OP at all, at first I thought he was, but later on I noticed HOW HARD was to get a K.O. I gotta admit he gets people to 200% pretty fast thought.

(I agree with the Sleep thing, too much imo.)
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:18:57 AM by Wolfric » Logged

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #197 on: April 25, 2010, 01:58:20 PM »

I want to make a Version 5.
    Up and down tilt will be elemental attacks then.
    Neutral B Wind will be better.
    Thunder Speed and Fire transporter will get some update.
    Definitly no changes in Thoron and Bloganone.
    I can not say how long it will take because Aeon has to be finished first and I have to fulfill a character request.

......Perhaps I have a secret project already complete done on my computer and ohly haven't released it yet. Perhaps........

Reiner
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #198 on: April 25, 2010, 08:49:46 PM »

Brilliant. I eagerly await your next creations.

Although, Bolganone still irks me. I mean, a one-hit KO attack with no recoil and huge range. It's like a perfected Eruption.
    « Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:12:32 AM by Reiner » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #199 on: June 13, 2010, 07:14:46 PM »

In the end no one's willing to do this Vertex? D:

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #200 on: June 14, 2010, 06:55:13 AM »

In the end no one's willing to do this Vertex? D:
    This is not the problem.
    I don't cars about Soren at the moment. I'll have to complete Shadow and Aeon. Soren will be my next one. Perhaps I'll learn how to vertex on my own.
    The next update has to have big changes. Soren was the second character I made. I got a lot more knowledge nad experience with BrawlBox and Smash Attacks. If I'll make an update he'll has to become the greatest magician ever. Better graphics. Better attacks (especially the Air specials Side and enutral have to be changed into much better ones). Better moves. Staff moveset. Holding a Tome.
    He will get an update but first I have to do other things. Don't worry. Soren's still my favourite video game character.

Doragon Shinzui
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #201 on: September 12, 2010, 08:54:42 PM »

I had a similar idea with the attack change by taunting, though I was going to add it to Zelda. I was planning on calling it either "Archmage" or "Maelstrom," and most attacks would be very similar to each other, though each fitting a different style.
    This is pretty neat, I may ask for your advice once I get more familiar with the system.

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #202 on: September 13, 2010, 12:21:03 AM »

I'll help you if you need me but let's do it with PM and not here.

Pages:  1 ... 11 12 13 [14]
    Print
    Jump to: