Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

okay, so i can easily just run SMBWii with that right? nothing else i need, or any other gimmicks?


Quote from: Plasmakirby on November 15, 2009, 12:19:49 AM
okay, so i can easily just run SMBWii with that right? nothing else i need, or any other gimmicks?

Yep, just run it through there, and that's it.
(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
(8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
(8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

sweet! thanks. i hope someone comes out with  fix for the 4.2 upgrade. my friend wants me to hack his wii for him, but he already upgraded.


Quote from: Plasmakirby on November 15, 2009, 12:25:08 AM
sweet! thanks. i hope someone comes out with  fix for the 4.2 upgrade. my friend wants me to hack his wii for him, but he already upgraded.
... That's what BannerBomb v2 is for.


Is it possible for something to be made that gets rid of the nearly-forced update thing?  By this I mean, when I get NSMBW, it won't say I need to update.  I'm not complaining about using Gecko, because I use that all the time for Brawl, but it'd be a lot more convenient to run it normally.


um i really don't think that  theres a way to prevent it since nintendo does what sony does on some of the games automatically putting the firmware in the disc. But overall Bannerbombv2 does work and majority of my stuff is working now my emulators and roms, and Skins and musics are working. If you run Gecko OS it works you just need the 1.9.3 version.

Here is a link of how to get it.
http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,4375.0.html

Besides BannerbombV1 not working and Gecko 1.9.2. 1.9.2b not working with 4.2 there really isn't much. However the reason why I updated mine is (Not sure if True) but if you load NSMBW through some form of Gecko I guess the game would randomly freeze. I'm not sure if this for all forms of Gecko or if its just past versions or if its just USB Gecko. But I really don't feel like "State Saving" or whatever its called everytime I beat a stage.
I've finally remembered my account info :)

Quote from: STUFF2o on November 15, 2009, 04:00:57 AM
Is it possible for something to be made that gets rid of the nearly-forced update thing?  By this I mean, when I get NSMBW, it won't say I need to update.  I'm not complaining about using Gecko, because I use that all the time for Brawl, but it'd be a lot more convenient to run it normally.

You can run it through a program which gets rid of the Update Partition.  Sadly, I can't remember what it's called.


Quote from: catgowoof on November 15, 2009, 08:41:53 AM
You can run it through a program which gets rid of the Update Partition.  Sadly, I can't remember what it's called.
Do you mean preloader? Because that can disable update checks.

November 15, 2009, 02:03:26 PM #188 Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:04:38 PM by Jigiba
DAM IT! I have madden 10, but u have to update to play it, i know my way around the have to upgrade thing, but obviously my brother and his friend dont >:[

So, i walk into my room finding out they upgraded my wii...It is COMPLETELY broken, my dad is all like "we'll send it to nintendo theyll fix it" but im all like "no they be hatin on h@xx0r$" and my dads all like "im not buying you a new one"

...b4 i bore u anymore, i jus wanna ask, is there any possible way to fix the wii after its been upgraded?
0818-5827-9153

Quote from: Jigiba on November 15, 2009, 02:03:26 PM
DAM IT! I have madden 10, but u have to update to play it, i know my way around the have to upgrade thing, but obviously my brother and his friend dont >:[

So, i walk into my room finding out they upgraded my wii...It is COMPLETELY broken, my dad is all like "we'll send it to nintendo theyll fix it" but im all like "no they be hatin on h@xx0r$" and my dads all like "im not buying you a new one"

...b4 i bore u anymore, i jus wanna ask, is there any possible way to fix the wii after its been upgraded?

if u backed up ur wii's NAND using bootmii then yes, if not then ur screwed
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Quote from: fireking220 on November 15, 2009, 07:54:15 PM
Quote from: Jigiba on November 15, 2009, 02:03:26 PM
DAM IT! I have madden 10, but u have to update to play it, i know my way around the have to upgrade thing, but obviously my brother and his friend dont >:[

So, i walk into my room finding out they upgraded my wii...It is COMPLETELY broken, my dad is all like "we'll send it to nintendo theyll fix it" but im all like "no they be hatin on h@xx0r$" and my dads all like "im not buying you a new one"

...b4 i bore u anymore, i jus wanna ask, is there any possible way to fix the wii after its been upgraded?

if u backed up ur wii's NAND using bootmii then yes, if not then ur screwed

looks like im screwed... :'(
0818-5827-9153

everyone should have bootmii just in case something happens like wat happened to u. When u get a new wii install bootmii on it and back up ur Wii's NAND. Using that u can install any system menu on it thats in ur region. As long as u have bootmii installed as boot 2 (I dont recommend installing it as an IOS) U can restore ur Wii when it gets bricked
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Quote from: fireking220 on November 15, 2009, 09:08:51 PM
everyone should have bootmii just in case something happens like wat happened to u. When u get a new wii install bootmii on it and back up ur Wii's NAND. Using that u can install any system menu on it thats in ur region. As long as u have bootmii installed as boot 2 (I dont recommend installing it as an IOS) U can restore ur Wii when it gets bricked

idk what a NAND is >.> but i used to have bootmii but i deleted it so i could fit psx isos in my SD card
0818-5827-9153

Quote from: Jigiba on November 15, 2009, 09:56:54 PM
Quote from: fireking220 on November 15, 2009, 09:08:51 PM
everyone should have bootmii just in case something happens like wat happened to u. When u get a new wii install bootmii on it and back up ur Wii's NAND. Using that u can install any system menu on it thats in ur region. As long as u have bootmii installed as boot 2 (I dont recommend installing it as an IOS) U can restore ur Wii when it gets bricked

idk what a NAND is >.> but i used to have bootmii but i deleted it so i could fit psx isos in my SD card

NAND is like a wii system menu.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Did anyone read the first post on page 12? As long as you updated HBC to the latest version with wi-fi, v4.2 didn't delete it. My wii isn't bricked either, and my WADS are still there.
Screw signature's, I have the number 42.