Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: I can't decide. Poll ends tuesday
Rayman - 14 (58.3%)
Skull Kid - 10 (41.7%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages:  1 ... 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 ... 240
Author Topic: SouthCraft's House of Upgrades - Megaman V2 soon.  (Read 940291 times)
SouthCraft
Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2955 on: September 20, 2013, 02:54:36 PM »

Pretty much what SonicBrawler said.

Though a few things:

AAA, it should be firing 1 shot per button press, not 1 and fire 3 at once.
    Crouching animation needs to be changed.
    Side-B seems a bit too fast imo.
    As a CPU his AI seems pretty bad imo, even with the lvl 16 code. I just watched a CPU fight between him and Mario. Mario won.
    And of course, the model exploding when he does N-Taunt.

But overall, a great PSA.

Btw, do you have someone making CSS stuff? Because I was in the middle of making CSPs for my and GBC's Megaman recolors and I thought I'd lend you mine for release.
    I know the aI is crap, he still thinks he has pk tounder... and i don't know to be honest. KTH is leading the project so if he's doing it or Dot or even GBC only he knows. I can't ask him right now be cause he is sucked into GTA V at the moment

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #2956 on: September 20, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »

Ah yes GTA 5, honestly I'm getting a little tired of seeing so many let's plays of that game being recommended to me. Anyways I think Mega Man is coming along really nicely by the feedback, look forward to the release of the beta, and another blue man but again we already know about that. lol

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

« Reply #2957 on: September 20, 2013, 03:10:13 PM »

Ah yes GTA 5, honestly I'm getting a little tired of seeing so many let's plays of that game being recommended to me. Anyways I think Mega Man is coming along really nicely by the feedback, look forward to the release of the beta, and another blue man but again we already know about that. lol
    yeah that other blue guy....
    Sonic right? Jk
    why did you open this?

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #2958 on: September 20, 2013, 03:10:59 PM »

lol i saw the "downlaod tt my dropbox" botton so i got it that way lol. and as for teh FS, whats your idea for it?

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2959 on: September 20, 2013, 03:18:26 PM »

I see that other people are posting their thoughts. Mine's pretty long but I think it'll be pretty helpful. I'm not done yet, though. I just didn't want you to think I ran off with it. haha

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Heart Container

« Reply #2960 on: September 20, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »

There's a thing where you can edit the script of the AI to match the PSA. That will fix one problem.

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2961 on: September 20, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »

There's a thing where you can edit the script of the AI to match the PSA. That will fix one problem.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=62818.0

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2962 on: September 20, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »

Warning: huge block of text. Hope you find this useful.
    Note: My opinions, while possibly influenced by my preference for Project: Melee over vBrawl, are meant to reflect what I think should be changed for vBrawl play. Game-play and testing to form my conclusions were done against level 9 Mario. By the way, I'm deliberately trying to be really tough on everything to make sure it's as good as it can be for the final version, so no hard feelings, okay?

AAA/”Jab”: As Chaos_Knight said, being able to fire each shot manually would be great. Non-Buster arm is sort of messed up during the shooting.
    Side-Tilt: Same as Jab except the start and stop animations seem a little too sudden.
    Up-Tilt: I really, really like it. It might be better if it could go just a little higher and/or had some effect, but I'm not sure.
    Down-Tilt: Animation is solid. It might benefit from going a little further, but I wouldn't go crazy with it.
    Dash Attack: A couple problems here. The move lasts too long IMO, and there's a lot of end-lag for a dash attack. I also get this quick yellow flash across the left hand side of my screen right before the tornado goes away.
    Ledge Attack: Not sure if it's from Ness or not, but it's good until we know the real one.

Side-Smash: Aside from the effects needing some custom work, I think the range could be upped a little. The “overheating” gets a little too large. I think whatever property makes the hit “electric” when it hits a person could just be made to be like a normal hit, to match the pellets. To balance the move, it might be best to put a little more start-lag in, which could maybe look like a smaller version of the charge. That sounds like a lot of problems, but I think this move has the most promise.
    Up-Smash: The regular yellow flashing doesn't show up during the charge. The two prongs from SSB4 aren't there (although I'm pretty sure you mean to add them, since neither is the hand). Should probably have more start-up lag. Since it's an electric overcharge, it should probably do something to “taze” the opponent (to make this balanced, I recommend just having opponents stay in the attack the whole time if it connects, rather than stun them afterward.). The model's shoulders bend in an odd way during the charge.
    Down-Smash: The yellow flashing doesn't show up during the charge. Mega Man should look down during this attack, and have the fire come from his hands rather than the ground (or however you can make it look like that).

Neutral-B: Is it meant to operate like the SSB4 move or just go straight? If so, I assume this is just a WIP. If not, I think it's too OP of a move, since it can fly on forever and is pretty fast. I would slow it down in either case. The model gets messed up in the shoulder during the throw, and he should be looking towards the blade when he throws it. His Buster becomes a real hand in the new game so he can throw it.
    Side-B: This moves pretty fast but was always a great idea. If it got slowed down, and you could reduce the knock-back of the bombs so it's not as crazy as the original item, you're set.
    Down-B: I don't think it does anything defensively right now, but it should be able to protect him from one hit or so. Otherwise, it's good.
    Up-B: Roll model needs improvements, but that's minor. Mega Man does a really unnatural stop and flip at the top of the jump, but it could probably be easily fixed if he started flipping earlier. There should be some freedom to move left or right during the jump.

Neutral-Air: There's a little more start-up lag here compared to the other buster shots, which I think is unnecessary.
    Forward-Air: One of my favorite parts. I don't see any problems as of now.
    Back-Air: Too slow all around, and the effect is too big. Has potential, though.
    Up-Air: It was really hard to test this without someone to test with, so this could be somewhat off. I think it's too slightly too slow, and should last a little longer.
    Down-Air: Probably my favorite part of all this. I think it might be better with some smoke or something from the wrist so it's more obvious that he shot his hand, but that's a minor nag. For balancing, it could use a tiny bit more start-up lag, since it could get pretty OP. Good job.

Grab: Should probably hold them like the Guts Man power up does in SSB4.
    Pummel: Maybe you could do something kind of like Donkey Kong's pummel?
    Forward-Throw: not sure
    Back-Throw: not sure
    Up-Throw: not sure

Idle Stance: Needs more life (even for a robot). He could slightly sway or something.
    Min Walking: He does this tiptoe thing, which I think is from Ness. Could probably go, but I don't know what should replace it.
    Medium Walking: Fine with me.
    Max Walking: His body should probably face more forwards. The shoulders get messed up.
    Dashing: Might benefit from a new animation, but it's not bad. His speed seems about right.
    Aerial Speed: Too floaty. Mega Man was known for tight platforming, so getting his aerial control down is so essential. His aerial game should be one of the best IMO.
    Jump: Speed and height seem good to me. Might want to face forward more like the walking pose.
    Double Jump: Could use a different animation than the first jump, but it's not that important.

Side-Taunt: I don't get it. haha
    Up-Taunt: Looks like it would be cool, but there's that explosion of blue.
    Down-Taunt: Perfect minus the effect.

Model: Pretty darn good. The expressions/eyelids could use some touch-up, though. If his eyes could be made to move, this would bring a lot of life to him by allowing him to look at the things he's shooting or throwing.

Hanging from Ledge: Needs to use two non-Buster hands, or could hang with one hand.
    Shielding: Too low on body, and he needs a pose for it.

Playstyle: Very projectile based (obviously). I think his strength is in his aerial game and weapons. He's gonna turn out to be awesome.
    Rating: 7/10 current, 10/10 potential
    EDIT: I didn't really do any hitbox testing. I can try and do it tomorrow, but I've got to get some more things done today.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:53:22 PM by dmick » Logged

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

« Reply #2963 on: September 20, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »

Haven't seen you in a while. Ill check it out.

Warning: huge block of text. Hope you find this useful.
    Note: My opinions, while possibly influenced by my preference for Project: Melee over vBrawl, are meant to reflect what I think should be changed for vBrawl play. Game-play and testing to form my conclusions were done against level 9 Mario. By the way, I'm deliberately trying to be really tough on everything to make sure it's as good as it can be for the final version, so no hard feelings, okay?

AAA/”Jab”: As Chaos_Knight said, being able to fire each shot manually would be great. Non-Buster arm is sort of messed up during the shooting.
    Side-Tilt: Same as Jab except the start and stop animations seem a little too sudden.
    Up-Tilt: I really, really like it. It might be better if it could go just a little higher and/or had some effect, but I'm not sure.
    Down-Tilt: Animation is solid. It might benefit from going a little further, but I wouldn't go crazy with it.
    Dash Attack: A couple problems here. The move lasts too long IMO, and there's a lot of end-lag for a dash attack. I also get this quick yellow flash across the left hand side of my screen right before the tornado goes away.
    Ledge Attack: Not sure if it's from Ness or not, but it's good until we know the real one.

Side-Smash: Aside from the effects needing some custom work, I think the range could be upped a little. The “overheating” gets a little too large. I think whatever property makes the hit “electric” when it hits a person could just be made to be like a normal hit, to match the pellets. To balance the move, it might be best to put a little more start-lag in, which could maybe look like a smaller version of the charge. That sounds like a lot of problems, but I think this move has the most promise.
    Up-Smash: The regular yellow flashing doesn't show up during the charge. The two prongs from SSB4 aren't there (although I'm pretty sure you mean to add them, since neither is the hand). Should probably have more start-up lag. Since it's an electric overcharge, it should probably do something to “taze” the opponent (to make this balanced, I recommend just having opponents stay in the attack the whole time if it connects, rather than stun them afterward.). The model's shoulders bend in an odd way during the charge.
    Down-Smash: The yellow flashing doesn't show up during the charge. Mega Man should look down during this attack, and have the fire come from his hands rather than the ground (or however you can make it look like that).

Neutral-B: Is it meant to operate like the SSB4 move or just go straight? If so, I assume this is just a WIP. If not, I think it's too OP of a move, since it can fly on forever and is pretty fast. I would slow it down in either case. The model gets messed up in the shoulder during the throw, and he should be looking towards the blade when he throws it. His Buster becomes a real hand in the new game so he can throw it.
    Side-B: This moves pretty fast but was always a great idea. If it got slowed down, and you could reduce the knock-back of the bombs so it's not as crazy as the original item, you're set.
    Down-B: I don't think it does anything defensively right now, but it should be able to protect him from one hit or so. Otherwise, it's good.
    Up-B: Roll model needs improvements, but that's minor. Mega Man does a really unnatural stop and flip at the top of the jump, but it could probably be easily fixed if he started flipping earlier. There should be some freedom to move left or right during the jump.

Neutral-Air: There's a little more start-up lag here compared to the other buster shots, which I think is unnecessary.
    Forward-Air: One of my favorite parts. I don't see any problems as of now.
    Back-Air: Too slow all around, and the effect is too big. Has potential, though.
    Up-Air: It was really hard to test this without someone to test with, so this could be somewhat off. I think it's too slightly too slow, and should last a little longer.
    Down-Air: Probably my favorite part of all this. I think it might be better with some smoke or something from the wrist so it's more obvious that he shot his hand, but that's a minor nag. For balancing, it could use a tiny bit more start-up lag, since it could get pretty OP. Good job.

Grab: Should probably hold them like the Guts Man power up does in SSB4.
    Pummel: Maybe you could do something kind of like Donkey Kong's pummel?
    Forward-Throw: not sure
    Up-Throw: not sure

Idle Stance: Needs more life (even for a robot). He could slightly sway or something.
    Min Walking: He does this tiptoe thing, which I think is from Ness. Could probably go, but I don't know what should replace it.
    Medium Walking: Fine with me.
    Max Walking: His body should probably face more forwards. The shoulders get messed up.
    Dashing: Might benefit from a new animation, but it's not bad. His speed seems about right.
    Aerial Speed: Too floaty. Mega Man was known for tight platforming, so getting his aerial control down is so essential. His aerial game should be one of the best IMO.
    Jump: Speed and height seem good to me. Might want to face forward more like the walking pose.
    Double Jump: Could use a different animation than the first jump, but it's not that important.

Side-Taunt: I don't get it. haha
    Up-Taunt: Looks like it would be cool, but there's that explosion of blue.
    Down-Taunt: Perfect minus the effect.

Model: Pretty darn good. The expressions/eyelids could use some touch-up, though. If his eyes could be made to move, this would bring a lot of life to him by allowing him to look at the things he's shooting or throwing.

Hanging from Ledge: Needs to use two non-Buster hands, or could hang with one hand.
    Shielding: Too low on body, and he needs a pose for it.

Playstyle: Very projectile based (obviously). I think his strength is in his aerial game and weapons. He's gonna turn out to be awesome.
    Rating: 7/10 current, 10/10 potential
    EDIT: I didn't really do any hitbox testing. I can try and do it tomorrow, but I've got to get some more things done today.
    wow this is really helpfull feedback, i see your not one of these c*nts i was talking about. the only thing is, the rush model has to be low poly because if not it is 200kb! and that is more than the PSA file of Sheik. which is massive for a model.
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:02:35 PM by SouthCraft » Logged

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #2964 on: September 20, 2013, 04:04:40 PM »

Long time no see SouthCraft. Yeah, I have been gone for a while, but I kept an eye out for good PSA's every so often. I happened to stumble upon Megaman and how you were creating it so I had to stick around and see the progress. I am actually gonna start brawl hacking again which is great news too.

Anyways let me stay on topic lol. Megaman sounds like it came a long way and I'm glad to see that it's almost done. I would give feedback, but I don't have it AND everyone else already gave productive feedback as well. All I can say is, Great Work SC and can't wait to use this:)

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2965 on: September 20, 2013, 04:09:44 PM »

Haven't seen you in a while. Ill check it out.
     wow this is really helpfull feedback, i see your not one of these c*nts i was talking about. the only thing is, the rush model has to be low poly because if not it is 200kb! and that is more than the PSA file of Sheik. which is massive for a model.
    haha Guess I'm not. We all love what you're doing and want it to be as good as it can be. Me being a jerk isn't gonna do that.

Okay, that makes sense. It's not a huge deal.

By the way, once the project starts wrapping up, you should really consider getting some modules working, and if you'd ever consider it, a P:M version. It's already going to be basically done if you make it similar to SSB4, minus dashdancing and stuff. People are flipping out about the new clone engine and have been mentioning Mega Man like crazy. You'd probably be hailed as king (by me, even) if you made a version over ROB or someone like that.

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #2966 on: September 20, 2013, 04:12:06 PM »

haha Guess I'm not. We all love what you're doing and want it to be as good as it can be. Me being a jerk isn't gonna do that.

By the way, once the project starts wrapping up, you should really consider getting some modules working, and if you'd ever consider it, a P:M version. It's already going to be basically done if you make it similar to SSB4, minus dashdancing and stuff. People are flipping out about the new clone engine and have been mentioning Mega Man like crazy. You'd probably be hailed as king (by me, even) if you made a version over ROB or someone like that.
    I wouldn't ask for too much yet. Let's let him get this done first before we make more suggestions lol

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2967 on: September 20, 2013, 04:14:48 PM »

I wouldn't ask for too much yet. Let's let him get this done first before we make more suggestions lol
    Of course. haha I really did mean once things are wrapping up.

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

« Reply #2968 on: September 20, 2013, 04:18:17 PM »

Long time no see SouthCraft. Yeah, I have been gone for a while, but I kept an eye out for good PSA's every so often. I happened to stumble upon Megaman and how you were creating it so I had to stick around and see the progress. I am actually gonna start brawl hacking again which is great news too.

Anyways let me stay on topic lol. Megaman sounds like it came a long way and I'm glad to see that it's almost done. I would give feedback, but I don't have it AND everyone else already gave productive feedback as well. All I can say is, Great Work SC and can't wait to use this:)
    Well this is great news! im glad you figured it out, as i did.

KingSouthCraft?? lol. I think if someone knows how to do that it's SonicBrawler. And my type of brawl is no tripping. I hate the tripping, its so useless. Its ok for funny characters like Deadpool but not Real Heroes like Mario, Link, Pit Etc. They never tripped in their games so its no use they should in brawl. but yeah thats how much i raged when my character tripped for the first time..... OFF TOPIC ALERT!

Post Merge: September 20, 2013, 04:23:29 PM
    Pretty much whats left is:
    SFX
    AI
    CSS stuff
    Balancing
    Video.
    For V1. But tomorrow i will be busy all day most likely, so.. Don't get mad at me if this doesn't happend. Its just a chance. It might be released V1 this week. If we get the SFX pack done and the side smash gfx fixed
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:23:29 PM by SouthCraft » Logged

ShadowWolf
    Holy Kitten

Love Designing

« Reply #2969 on: September 20, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »

Well this is great news! im glad you figured it out, as i did.KingSouthCraft?? lol. I think if someone knows how to do that it's SonicBrawler. And my type of brawl is no tripping. I hate the tripping, its so useless. Its ok for funny characters like Deadpool but not Real Heroes like Mario, Link, Pit Etc. They never tripped in their games so its no use they should in brawl. but yeah thats how much i raged when my character tripped for the first time..... OFF TOPIC ALERT!
    This... This is the story of my life xD

Lol but what's left to finish for Megaman?

EDIT: Never mind you just answered... lol
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:25:00 PM by ShadowWolf » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 ... 240
    Print
    Jump to: