Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What do you guys want the most in v5.0?
Remade Animations of most if not all of the ones in the moveset - 4 (9.1%)
All A Attacks Completed - 0 (0%)
All Specials Completed - 1 (2.3%)
All Item-related things Completed - 0 (0%)
Only SM64 Imported Models - 0 (0%)
Slightly Updated SFX Pack with sounds that weren't in the Melee Mario voice pack - 1 (2.3%)
Figure out how to get a working Vanish Cap mode - 2 (4.5%)
Give the Cap Powers a Time Limit if you can - 5 (11.4%)
Hey look I'm a [censored] and I'm going to say for you STMF1 to give up on this thing - 1 (2.3%)
Get Mario/Luigi to flash inivisible when hurt and flash metal when electricuted - 1 (2.3%)
Get Mario/Luigi to play a different animation when dead in a Stamina Match - 0 (0%)
MUST HAVE ABILITY TO DIE FROM TOXIC GAS IN MOVESET - 0 (0%)
The Hidden Triple Jump from Yoshi after getting 120 Power Stars when having 120% damage - 3 (6.8%)
A FUKING WORKING FINAL SMASH DOMIT STMF1!!! - 19 (43.2%)
Mario/Luigi to fall asleep after not moving for 30 secs - 1 (2.3%)
Dude that SM64 Mario import is looking so great, you've improved a lot throughout this year! I expect v5.0 to look just as good!! Grin - 6 (13.6%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Super Mario 64 Moveset Hack: Back in the Works, got SM64 Mario & Luigi working!!  (Read 58958 times)
Mareeo 64
Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #60 on: December 21, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »

Epic has just been presented Happy Face

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »

Even better, I remembered that when I exported scenes of SM64 to get the Mario Bros, Toad, Bowser Key, and more that under each character, there was a square that had four quater-circles under them, aka their shadows. So I look at the texture_dump folder in the Project64 folder in my Program Files and found the shadow texture, I'm going to see if I can get the shadow.mdl0 to have a texture and have a four small squares rigged to the TransN bone, if I can't I can have it with the actual model, but I'll have to edit the bone tree some more so the shadow is constantly right under Mario in animations like jumps and ones were the shadow shouldn't be that close to Mario.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2012, 06:47:56 PM »

Wow! nice find! v5 should be a very completed hack. Tongue Just try to keep the files in the download a little easier to go through. lol When I got SMG Bowser, I was running through folders like crazy. Tongue y'know:

SM64 Mario v5.0/[Mario/fitMario's] [info/portrite] [menu/common/char_bust_text]

something simple i guess

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »

Wow! nice find! v5 should be a very completed hack. Tongue Just try to keep the files in the download a little easier to go through. lol When I got SMG Bowser, I was running through folders like crazy. Tongue y'know: SM64 Mario v5.0/[Mario/fitMario's] [info/portrite] [menu/common/char_bust_text] something simple i guess
    I rarely make a hack that has a maze of folders like Bowser did, but you have to admit that it was organized, which was what I was going for, but don't worry v5.0 won't be that complicated, but I don't want to do all that Fighter/Mario, and that stuff because I use WiiSchrubber, and Dolphin, so that files can be named whatever the hell I want and it'll replace the file, but I can't use stage expansion codes, though while I look at it, I pretty much just use Battlefield, Final Destination, Luigi's Mansion, and Delfino Plaza. lol But like I said the zip file won't be a maze of folders, really there'll be two groups similar to the SM64 Mario import I released; LM64 Hacks (which is my personal texture hacks I made for characters for videos that I have yet to complete) and YouTubers, which will contain some of my favorite Machinimars like StupidMarioBros1Fan..oh wait that's me. xD MarioGame2222, supermarioglitchy4, and more can be made with the right colors. Cheesy Also I'm going to edit the solid color textures to use both the normal and "shade" colors from SM64, which will be normalized to try and get a better effect of shading that is similar to SM64's, though it won't be perfect since stages will also mess with the shading.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »

well, best of luck! Grin

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »

So more progress on SM64 Mario, he'll have his Shadow..which is a texture. Awesome Face

Is he on the ground?

Nope, he's in mid-air. xD

Appearently the semi-transparency material makes it so there is a hole in certain things like explosions. Im srs here
    And yes those hands are all rigged to their own bones, but the motion file wasn't edited to have them appear correctly, and I didn't bother choosing what visibilty bone the hair and eye polygons used since I'm not done with the model in Brawl Box, and I need to see if I can add a texture to the shadow mdl0, or if the shadow will be an actual circle to avoid that glitch with the shadow being in mid-air.

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Good Citizen Warm Welcomer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: December 21, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »

making a circle shouldn't be too hard.

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:34 PM »

making a circle shouldn't be too hard.

Right, but I want it to use as much of the original game as I can for the Bros, even if it's just a small texture, plus I'll need to experiment with what bones will and won't make the circle be slanted on the ground, the circle needs to be under him, not behind him. lol
    The following pic should express my feelings right now. not impressed

lol, nothing's wrong, just tired, and no, that isn't custom, still the original Brawl animation, but it looks close enough. I plan on making it so Mario will fall asleep after being in his Wait animation for a while, though I'm not sure how to do that. Awesome Face
    Also the WaitItem will no longer be the Wait with the right arm in a different position, it'll be the animation for holding a small box or Bom-omb. Happy Face
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:13:37 PM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: December 22, 2012, 06:45:18 AM »

MAN AM I SO PHUCKING PISSED OFF
    My dad unplugged my n64. now I can't play it again >.>

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
    I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. Tongue

Mariofan224
    Advanced Kitten

Let's a go!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: December 22, 2012, 02:07:27 PM »

MAN AM I SO PHUCKING PISSED OFF
    My dad unplugged my n64. now I can't play it again >.>

Did you do something wrong?

It's-a me! Mariofan!

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2012, 02:13:17 PM »

MAN AM I SO PHUCKING PISSED OFF My dad unplugged my n64. now I can't play it again >.>
    Google Project 64 1.6, best N64 emulator, I had to use CrossOver to use it on the MacBook I use for school. xD
    Anyways download that, install it, and then google or youtube search for a SM64 rom, most likely you'll have to go to a couple of different websites, if you feel like you want to play some SM64 hacks or make your own, make sure to download Super Mario 64 (U) [!].z64, it's the extended rom that is used for hacking.
    Don't worry the rom like 25 MB or so, easy to get, but for legal issues you need to own the game and system, which is a-okay for you unless your dad throws out the N64.

KnightMario
    Holy Kitten

Nobody Important

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: December 22, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »

Did you do something wrong?
    no, my dad thinks 3 consoles are too many...
    (wii, n64 and i just got a xbox 360)
    I'll try the emu, but i spent FOREVER working on my backwards long jump.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »

Also I did get a good amount of more progress on SM64 Mario, now his clothes and skin textures have a shadow color on it and are normalized, to try to get a closer shading effect to SM64. Also since I couldn't get the shadow model to use a real texture, the shadow model is now just a circle rigged to the TopN bone, but it still gives the effect I wanted.[color] Happy Face

Bet you guys TWENTY DOLLARS that you didn't expect 10 pics! AWESOME 2.0!
    So yah one of the right hands can be used in those item holding animations and it will replace any other right hand polygon in animations.....probably made that really confusing, just look back at the last three pics. xP
    Fludd also looks great, but only good from the back since he goes into the back Mario's upper torso just a little bit. :\

Also I have remade the Wait, WaitItem, and WaitDamage to be a bit closer to SM64, although I'm not quite done with the WaitItem, going to have to do quite a bit more on it so Mario doesn't move that much, he's currently moving a bit in it since I rotated the HipN, his feet aren't in the same place throughout the animation. Laugh
    Also since Mariodk mad the SSJ modes for Vegita and other DBZ characters to have a time limit, I should be able to give the Wing Cap one after I look at those movesets multiple times. Wink

Love how I put things in the poll that I'm not sure is possible yet. xD
    « Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:26:25 PM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

Mareeo 64
    Holy Kitten

Welp 0_o

• Awards Heart Container

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2012, 01:51:13 PM »

very nice stupidmariofan!

MarioStar+
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: December 31, 2012, 11:37:43 AM »

i was really waiting for version 5 !