Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: does geno work for you?
it works perfect no bugs/freezes(but that geno gets eated by wario) - 28 (75.7%)
Geno freeze then i select a stage or use a attack - 5 (13.5%)
geno got weird bugs like GFXs is all wrong,textures is messed up,attacks makes geno die - 4 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 37
Author Topic: Project: Geno The WoodDoll from Super Mario RPG: Released(remember its a Beta)  (Read 168437 times)
DARKSHADEDX
Supreme Kitten

They're evil, all over the world.

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #315 on: February 18, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »

Good work so far bro!  Really liking the look of the Up B, Down B and Final Smash in particular, and the whole idea of him shooting out his body parts for attacks is really cool.  However, a number of the movements still look quite stiff and it looks awkward when he fires off one of his limbs forward because it just kinda warps back to him rather than steadily returning back.  I have two suggestions on what could be done to remedy this:

1) Make it so that his limbs are fired off like rockets and have the same fire graphic as the Up B (just smaller obviously).  This would make it overall look nicer and give a clearer indication that he's blasting his limbs.

2) Import some kind of chain graphic and replace some of ROB's graphics with this chain, then make it so that it looks like he's thrusting his limbs off the chain like he is here:

This would be really cool and could make him seem kinda like Dhalsim from Street Fighter (poor rushdown, but really long stretching normal attacks). 

Lol I edit my post and as I do so you write up. XD
    Yeah I fully agree with all of this though.

It was the stiffness that bothered me.

I can try to make a chain model if we have enough space x.x

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #316 on: February 18, 2012, 07:24:20 AM »

Looks awesome man, but since I don't have the beta yet, here is what I think so far. To start with, the standing animation looks kinda stiff, why not add motion to the cape while he his standing or have him breathing a bit. Second, I didn't like the Geno Beam? The one with multiple lights crashing, the attack it's self is great but the beams look odd and stand out. And finally Genos Kamehameha (forgot name, heh) is to sudden. Why not have it come out like a thin beam then burst on impact to the size you have it now.

Here are the positives.
    I really liked what I saw from the Up-B, it looks bad ass, does it function just like ROB or does he have less freedom with it? I also liked how your animations are coming along, remember to add some movement to the cape later. But out of all the attacks, the down air caught my attention the most. Looks so damn cool, and it's very original, please tell me its a spike attack. I also loved all the moves with Geno firing out hid limbs, all his attacks I could see him doing, nothing far fetched from his character.
    So yea, that's my view from this video, and can't wait to personally try the beta myself.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2012, 07:27:11 AM »

^

Geno Beam = His 'Kamehameha' <.<; (Yeah I don't like DBZ XD)

'The one with multiple lights crashing, the attack it's self is great but the beams look odd and stand out.' = Geno Blast

They're multicoloured beams designed to stand out owo, if you can tell me what you think I should change I'd be happy to do so~

And I agree on your Geno Beam opinion, it does feel too sudden.
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:29:43 AM by DARKSHADEDX » Logged

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #318 on: February 18, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »

^

Geno Beam = His 'Kamehameha&#039; <.<; (Yeah I don&#039;t like DBZ XD)

'The one with multiple lights crashing, the attack it&#039;s self is great but the beams look odd and stand out.' = Geno Blast

They&#039;re multicoloured beams designed to stand out owo, if you can tell me what you think I should change I&#039;d be happy to do so~

And I agree on your Geno Beam opinion, it does feel too sudden.
    Lol, I forget the names. What I meant by the Geno blast standing out is that they look more like blocks as opposed to arcs of light.

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

Lol, I forget the names. What I meant by the Geno blast standing out is that they look more like blocks as opposed to arcs of light.

Ah no that's cool :3
    I get'chya now and I can agree, the texture itself is semi transparent, but I don't think it is in brawlbox, but that can be easily changed.. I can also edit the top of it so it fades in.
    And the last fix would be maybe to add some more smoke/cloud effects to the bottom of them but the GFX is up to MDK.

Brb, photoshopping XD

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #320 on: February 18, 2012, 07:45:48 AM »

^ Geno Beam = His 'Kamehameha' <.<; (Yeah I don't like DBZ XD) 'The one with multiple lights crashing, the attack it's self is great but the beams look odd and stand out.' = Geno Blast They're multicoloured beams designed to stand out owo, if you can tell me what you think I should change I'd be happy to do so~ And I agree on your Geno Beam opinion, it does feel too sudden.
    i tried to make the GFX of geno blasts look good ingame but looks like i can only ue one kinda of shader Sad the one BB making then import models

Good work so far bro!  Really liking the look of the Up B, Down B and Final Smash in particular, and the whole idea of him shooting out his body parts for attacks is really cool.  However, a number of the movements still look quite stiff and it looks awkward when he fires off one of his limbs forward because it just kinda warps back to him rather than steadily returning back.  I have two suggestions on what could be done to remedy this: 1) Make it so that his limbs are fired off like rockets and have the same fire graphic as the Up B (just smaller obviously).  This would make it overall look nicer and give a clearer indication that he's blasting his limbs. 2) Import some kind of chain graphic and replace some of ROB's graphics with this chain, then make it so that it looks like he's thrusting his limbs off the chain like he is here: This would be really cool and could make him seem kinda like Dhalsim from Street Fighter (poor rushdown, but really long stretching normal attacks).  
    i will possible add chains to geno model then  revamp the rig of the cape
    im possible removing cape bones since the cape is still hard to rig even with cape bones that is built for the cape so the cape can follow the shoulders
    and i was also thinking to use same GFX as on up-B for his fire limbs off attacks

also i got to use goku´s kamehameha GFX for make the Geno beam GFX cuz that the closest i can do and i dont wanted to use lucario´s FS beam cuz that model go across the whole stage and that is unbalanced almost no matter what you do
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:51:43 AM by Mariodk » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #321 on: February 18, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »

video looks great but what happen if ppl use the FS in the air? it will look alittle odd right?  well geno moveset sure seems to be a fun one

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #322 on: February 18, 2012, 07:48:37 AM »

video looks great but what happen if ppl use the FS in the air? it will look alittle odd right?  well geno moveset sure seems to be a fun one
    a canon in air
    yeah it will look alittle odd but not much Cheesy

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #323 on: February 18, 2012, 07:50:57 AM »

MarioDk did you read my reply. My idea is that Geno beam comes out like a thin beam, then when it hits something it's explodes into the Kamehameha model you have now.

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #324 on: February 18, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »

@MDK: Yeah I know, I'm not saying it's your fault at all, it's mine if anything.

Here, how does this look to you guys?
    Also the thing on the bottom is for you MDK, set the Geno Blast texture to those settings, and it should be semi transparent in-game

If you like this fade-in texture effect I'll send you the new texture :3

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:04:44 AM by DARKSHADEDX » Logged

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #325 on: February 18, 2012, 08:04:22 AM »

just upload the texture as a image and i DL it
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:15:37 AM by Mariodk » Logged

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #326 on: February 18, 2012, 08:13:33 AM »

just upload the texture as a image and i DL it

I sent it :3

The reason I uploaded it like that, was to get people's opinions. Hopefully it looks better ^^

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #327 on: February 18, 2012, 08:15:48 AM »

tested the new texture+ the set up and still the same ingame
    i think it needs a other shader or something but i can´t do anything about it since then i replace the shader i used for Vegeta´s scouter glass (to be like as we wanted)  it become white or Black
    so it can only be like that we got now
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:16:56 AM by Mariodk » Logged

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #328 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »

tested the new texture+ the set up and still the same ingame
    i think it needs a other shader or something but i can´t do anything about it since then i replace the shader i used for Vegeta´s scouter glass (to be like as we wanted)  it become white or Black
    so it can only be like that we got now

Ah, well when referring to the texture options - I was looking at the rainbow outline of this hack since I figured it'd be similar;

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11021

I don't know whether that shader would cause it to come out white or black s:
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:21:41 AM by DARKSHADEDX » Logged

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #329 on: February 18, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »

i take alittle break on work on geno
    also needing to get the other hacks ready for big release day Cheesy
    + needing to help one with PSAing for a PSA alittle (that i am most in mood for right now Cheesy)
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:48:30 AM by Mariodk » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 37
    Print
    Jump to: