Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4599268 times)
Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12030 on: October 30, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »

Feel free to PM me the long story or link me to a thread that has it—I do not fear technical knowledge!

All textures are temporary at this point, including the spec maps and reflection textures (the reflection texture is in fact Samus's at the moment).
    And diamond plating? Ew, no thanks. I'm thinking more a steel-cable look for his torso and arms with a more subtle metal texture for everything else.

Well, it'd involve finding it somewhere in BJ's BrawlBox thread. So that's not happening, haha. It makes things more accurate by allowing for float values (1.1, 3.56, etc) in certain areas instead of plain ints, I think. All I know is that checking them gives less problems.

As for Bisharp, I think a good custom Spec Map would be good too, since it would save you the trouble of more materials than necessary.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12031 on: October 30, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »

Feel free to PM me the long story or link me to a thread that has it—I do not fear technical knowledge!

All textures are temporary at this point, including the spec maps and reflection textures (the reflection texture is in fact Samus's at the moment).
    And diamond plating? Ew, no thanks. I'm thinking more a steel-cable look for his torso and arms with a more subtle metal texture for everything else.
    Sounds like a good plan. Can't wait to see the final result!

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12032 on: October 30, 2013, 01:41:03 PM »

You misunderstand my meaning. By diamond plating, I mean the parts of it that contain no diamonds. I mean take the grain from a picture of diamond plate and use that.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12033 on: October 30, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »

Well, it'd involve finding it somewhere in BJ's BrawlBox thread. So that's not happening, haha. It makes things more accurate by allowing for float values (1.1, 3.56, etc) in certain areas instead of plain ints, I think. All I know is that checking them gives less problems.

As for Bisharp, I think a good custom Spec Map would be good too, since it would save you the trouble of more materials than necessary.
    I think that explains floats well enough right there. Thanks!

And yes, the spec map and the diffuse texture will essentially be made from the same greyscale textures.

You misunderstand my meaning. By diamond plating, I mean the parts of it that contain no diamonds. I mean take the grain from a picture of diamond plate and use that.
    Or, something like a brushed metal texture, which is basically diamond plating without the diamonds. Saves me from removing the diamonds and provides a lot more surface to work with. (;

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12034 on: October 31, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

I think that explains floats well enough right there. Thanks!

And yes, the spec map and the diffuse texture will essentially be made from the same greyscale textures.

Or, something like a brushed metal texture, which is basically diamond plating without the diamonds. Saves me from removing the diamonds and provides a lot more surface to work with. (;

well, yes, but it would make an excellent spec map, and I think Samus' reflection texture would be an excellent lighting texture. As for his arms. A properly constructed gradient would provide an excellent specular lighting texture. Using a hightlight, midtone core shadow and reflective light.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12035 on: October 31, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »

I guess this goes here, too. Happy Halloween!

Click me!

Click for my stuff:

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #12036 on: October 31, 2013, 06:39:54 PM »

ohai Antasma.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12037 on: November 01, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »

Similar to how Angelglory was working on updating Little Mac, I decided to tackle another Assist Trophy. As far as model wise that's been updated, I gave Saki new appendages for better rig (arms, legs, and hands should look a lot better.) And I'm also tweaking the design a little to implement some design from Sin and Punishment 2.

Not done yet, but it's looking cool.
    I plan on updating the Cannon Sword a bit more as well as giving him a new face. Textures are a little glitchyed looking at the moment, but fear not, they will look fine when finished.

Angelglory
    Extreme Kitten

I'm Ridley feelin' it!

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Featured

« Reply #12038 on: November 01, 2013, 04:01:57 PM »

Cool to see somebody give the Assist Trophies some love too. Glad I didn't pick Saki as my next model Tongue

Fun fact: Barbara's trophy model is much more detailed than her AT model...

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #12039 on: November 01, 2013, 04:12:36 PM »

All the trophies are like that.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12040 on: November 01, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »

yeah every trophy is more detailed than any ingame character i dont see why its a fun fact...

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12041 on: November 01, 2013, 04:45:14 PM »

Cool to see somebody give the Assist Trophies some love too. Glad I didn't pick Saki as my next model Tongue

Saki is probably my favorite assist trophy wise, so I had to mess around with him. Glad we both are not working on him at the same time. xD

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #12042 on: November 01, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »

Saying that Barbara's trophy model is more detailed than her real model is a fun fact is like saying that Melee Luigi has more textures than Brawl Luigi does. All Melee characters have more textures than their brawl counterparts. Tongue
    Here's a fun fact, Melee Mario and Luigi's textures were mapped almost like they were in a lot of the other Mario games as apposed to Brawl Mario Bros. It requires less editing to put Galaxy Mario's textures over Melee Mario's seamlessly than putting them over Brawl Mario's seamlessly.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12043 on: November 01, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »

Saying that Barbara's trophy model is more detailed than her real model is a fun fact is like saying that Melee Luigi has more textures than Brawl Luigi does. All Melee characters have more textures than their brawl counterparts. Tongue
    Here's a fun fact, Melee Mario and Luigi's textures were mapped almost like they were in a lot of the other Mario games as apposed to Brawl Mario Bros. It requires less editing to put Galaxy Mario's textures over Melee Mario's seamlessly than putting them over Brawl Mario's seamlessly.
    That's misc fact or trivia. Want a fun fact? Wombat's poop is cubic.
    Back on topic, glad to see someone updating Saki, also my favorite assist trophy character.

Sir Kirby the 4th
    Extreme Kitten

Yep.

• Awards Famous Hacker Pin Collector Active Contributor Featured

« Reply #12044 on: November 01, 2013, 11:02:25 PM »

Sure StarWaffle vertexed it, but i imported it!

Pages:  1 ... 800 801 802 [803] 804 805 806 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: