WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pro-Op is the only way to reduce model size unless you wanna remove loads of polys by hand.


Quote from: KTH on October 02, 2012, 08:11:49 PM

i assume over CF for the fire?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: rax189 on September 30, 2012, 03:59:57 PM
ya i think hands to big, head to small and round, and his feet look a bit small
I didn't make the model, and I used Gannondorf's hands cause I knew that if I used Slendy's hands I'd still have to make them bigger, plus Gannondorf's head is small compared to his body. His shoes on the other hand are small, but I didn't want to make his feet too big.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: KTH on October 02, 2012, 11:29:31 AM
This funny cause :



great minds think a like

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: KTH on October 02, 2012, 08:11:49 PM

This almost looks like an adult luffy xD, anyways i love it

Resident Evil 5 and 6 Chris Redfield. I can die happy now XD

Quote from: Carnage on October 02, 2012, 08:27:37 PM
i assume over CF for the fire?

one thing to erase from my pc xD

Quote from: jrush64 on October 02, 2012, 06:52:12 PM
I have this model but it is waaaaay to high quality and it doesn't work on Brawl. I was rigging him over Snake because of the PSA I'm working on. Can anyone please tell me Snake's filesize? Also apart from reducing texture quality is there any other way to reduce the size of the model? Pro-optimization doesn't work well.


Quote from: Kingskull95 on October 01, 2012, 10:38:23 PM
Well this isnt a Playstation allstars hack  XD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: KTH on October 02, 2012, 11:29:31 AM
This funny cause :



man, how many chris redfields are being made at the same time.....
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

October 02, 2012, 11:02:34 PM #5229 Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:04:02 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Quote from: jrush64 on October 02, 2012, 06:52:12 PM
I have this model but it is waaaaay to high quality and it doesn't work on Brawl. I was rigging him over Snake because of the PSA I'm working on. Can anyone please tell me Snake's filesize? Also apart from reducing texture quality is there any other way to reduce the size of the model? Pro-optimization doesn't work well.

Redfield

Nobody knows because no one has reached it. I'd imagine you having a decent amount of PSA room since his PSA file isn't that big, but the motion file.......

Anyway, I'd avoid going over 900KB for the character model over Snake. Otherwise while the model may load, you risk killing the frame rate.

Anyway, has anyone successfully made a custom Stage Shadow model for a stage?
The rough terrain of ARZ demands a custom Stage Shadow model.

I tried myself and copied-pasta'd the material and shaders from another stage, but it didn't work out the way it should've.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 02, 2012, 11:02:34 PM
Anyway, has anyone successfully made a custom Stage Shadow model for a stage?
The rough terrain of ARZ demands a custom Stage Shadow model.

I tried myself and copied-pasta'd the material and shaders from another stage, but it didn't work out the way it should've.

I definitely have. Is your shadow model attached to the original model, or did you separate it from the model?

Quote from: GBC on October 02, 2012, 10:51:34 PMman, how many chris redfields are being made at the same time.....
It's a new trend....
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on October 02, 2012, 11:04:11 PM
I definitely have. Is your shadow model attached to the original model, or did you separate it from the model?

I made it's it's own mdl0. BUUUT, I still have the stage model as a scene so I can add it if need be.

Weird. I have mine as a separate model and stuff too, I figured that may have been an issue.

Hm, did you try this? If I remember correctly, all I did was copy the settings from the material and shader included rather than trying to replace the pre-existing ones.

If that doesn't work, PM me, don't want to clutter up this thread with help stuff.

Well I've finally gotten the model to work in game. It isn't too low quality so yay. It's time to start rigging the whole body now including all the fingers. The model was 653kb. But thanks EternalYoshi, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm going to try and add Piers and Jake Mueller models to the PSA. I need my frigging TV so I can finally play the game. It's just staring at me....

@chaos_knight, lol. Chris is just that awesome.