WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 01:30:43 AM
Dammit, dammit, dammit all to hell! I can't do anything right!

The effing model crashed the game!  I can't do anything right with this hack!  I'll have to redo the vertices for the hands and legs, I'll have to keep the one who requested it waiting even longer.
whats his pcs size right now?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 01:30:43 AM
Dammit, dammit, dammit all to hell! I can't do anything right!

The effing model crashed the game!  I can't do anything right with this hack!  I'll have to redo the vertices for the hands and legs, I'll have to keep the one who requested it waiting even longer.
Don't cut yourself down, practice makes perfect.


December 04, 2012, 01:36:05 AM #6947 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:37:48 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Carnage on December 04, 2012, 01:35:13 AM
whats his pcs size right now?

186 KB and the .pac was 237 KB, so why the bloody hell did it crash the game? I never do anything right.

Quote from: Boygos on December 04, 2012, 01:35:22 AM
Don't cut yourself down, practice makes perfect.

Right now I'm on the verge of vomiting from pure anger and frustration and the whole wanting-to-curl-in-a-fetal-position-while-sucking-my-thumb.  >:(

I just don't know what to do, if it doesn't work on Charizard, what guarantee do I have that it will work on another model?

Ok, seriously, this isn't a help thread, it's a work-in-progress thread, hence the title. If you have nothing to show I kindly ask you to redirect your frustation in this general direction thanks.

Quote from: Ridley-G on December 04, 2012, 01:37:38 AM
Ok, seriously, this isn't a help thread, it's a work-in-progress thread, hence the title. If you have nothing to show I kindly ask you to redirect your frustation in this general direction thanks.

I did have something to show originally, but I'll likely have to put the bloody POS on hiatus until I can get some outside help. It went all to crap.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 01:36:05 AM
186 KB and the .pac was 237 KB, so why the bloody hell did it crash the game? I never do anything right.
that shouldnt be filesize crash it must be other thing my sigestion is do a quick rigg and rigg everything to one bone like hipN then test it ingame ince if he works while rigged to one bone then it isnt the model problem
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yep, it's decided, I'm going to import him over Gannondorf instead, he has a threshold of 700 KB for the PCS and what at least 1000 KB for PAC.

Quote from: Carnage on December 04, 2012, 01:39:43 AMthat shouldnt be filesize crash it must be other thing my sigestion is do a quick rigg and rigg everything to one bone like hipN then test it ingame ince if he works while rigged to one bone then it isnt the model problem
...not completely true, the file size still gets higher the more bones are rigged, but it usually ends up being like less than a kb difference
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

December 04, 2012, 04:04:45 AM #6953 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:05:52 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 04, 2012, 03:51:54 AM
...not completely true, the file size still gets higher the more bones are rigged, but it usually ends up being like less than a kb difference

That explains a lot, but I did much thinking and my choice will be Gannondorf will be a better choice, as less vertex editing is needed, and the bones are not so erratically structured.  Plus his pac/pcs files have higher limits.

[spoiler] Once again I stepped over my bounds and pissed people off[spoiler]

I think there is a Ganondarf hack with rigged wings
it was some Diablo hack
i think AAyfire done it
maybe u can check that hack out and see how they got the wings working

Quote from: Mr.MW on December 04, 2012, 04:38:51 AM
I think there is a Ganondarf hack with rigged wings
it was some Diablo hack
i think AAyfire done it
maybe u can check that hack out and see how they got the wings working


I'll need to ask him about that.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 05:08:45 AM
I'll need to ask him about that.
or check it out yourself and "find out like a man"


quote learned from Black Jax :af:

Quote from: Mr.MW on December 04, 2012, 05:11:54 AM
or check it out yourself and "find out like a man"


quote learned from Black Jax :af:

How? The vertices?

December 04, 2012, 05:31:45 AM #6958 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:36:30 AM by Mr.MW
lol i feel like ur trolling me

anyways

Quote from: Mr.MW on December 04, 2012, 05:11:54 AM
check it out yourself and "find out like a man"


quote learned from Black Jax :af:


N here i made things easier for you:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20893


Make Us Proud Boi

:notimp:

My wings weren't really rigged exactly. I just vertexed Ganondorf's cape and disabled the bones that made it move in weird ways. Bahamut's wings don't really move all that much anyways so I would think something could be done to make them look passable. There is a Diablos PSA that actually animates his wings and it looks pretty realistic so I know it's possible.