WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: RevenantGenesis on November 22, 2013, 09:18:35 PM
Darn, there are already so many swordsman over Marth.
Well, lots of Fire Emblem characters fit Marth's build.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


November 23, 2013, 04:06:49 AM #12121 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 04:09:04 AM by RevenantGenesis
This is very true, although same could be said for Ike as they have  practically the same body, his strong arm moves just don't fit most.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

It doesn't matter, you can easily port Marth models over Ike. And the other way around.

That Chrom is amazing,really no point in updating the one I made. Seeing that I decided to update some of my old works with new models.






November 23, 2013, 07:21:43 PM #12124 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:23:04 PM by Bad Box Art Gnorc
i'll take one of each (are they still on Peach and Zelda, respectively?)

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Yes, they're still on Peach and Zelda.


Quote from: Demon_of_Elru on November 23, 2013, 07:10:03 PM
That Chrom is amazing,really no point in updating the one I made. Seeing that I decided to update some of my old works with new models.






Quote from: Demon_of_Elru on November 23, 2013, 07:38:55 PM
Yes, they're still on Peach and Zelda.
excellent; I entertain at a college I attend, and the HD Marina I have doesn't really impress (i'm ok with it). the old Shantae they're okay with, but they'll be more impressed with this one.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

inb4jiro
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on November 23, 2013, 08:04:46 PM
inb4jiro
Dang it!

...

*Ahem* Anyway, Elru, I'm looking forward to this Marina model. From what I can tell, you're making very good progress on her.

I actually know someone who would be interested in her model. he makes ragdolls for garrysmod, and likes to keep things game-originated. he also likes lesser-known characters like Marina, Gex and Shantae.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Holy [censored]!!!
Finally a Shantae model import YAY :D
I love shantae

*Stares at DoE's post.*

These people keep proving to me how far I need to improve...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Demon_of_Elru on November 23, 2013, 07:10:03 PM*Marina*
*Shantae*
Wooo! I'm looking forward to seeing custom models of these two. I've never seen a good model of Marina (too obscure I guess?) and the models of Shantae I've seen are either low-poly or too high-quality for games.

My suggestions for Shantae:
-The jewel on her headband is too high up. It is supposed to be centered on the band rather than connected at the bottom.
-Her hair looks great from that first shot, but I bet it doesn't look so great from most other angles. The big challenge with stylized hair like this is finding a shape that looks good from all angles. Case in point: that second image of her makes it look like she only has short hair on her head.
-Her ponytail needs to be bigger and bushier. Right now, its skinniness doesn't make it look very strong.
-Her breasts are protruding out of her chest too much for their shape. The gap you can see under them makes them seem like rigid protuberances. Unfortunately, I have no suggestions on how to improve them.
-The texture on her body is nice so far, but I think some of the muscle-defining shading is too strong. The lines on her back, combined with the size of the shoulders, make those parts of the torso seem unnaturally bulky.
-Don't forget her floaty armband things, which are strangely missing from her original GB sprites but appear in the artwork and later games.

My suggestions for Marina:
-I know her arms are skinny, but I don't think they are that skinny. They are at least as thick as her neck.
-I think you'll have a hard time working with her hands if her thumb is located where it is. In fact, it looks like she can hardly move it at all.
-Don't forget about the round bump things on her shoulders.


Good luck in finishing these!
Click for my stuff:


Deleted the last 2 pages' OFF-Topic. Don't do that again, guys.