WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Ultraxwing on May 25, 2014, 11:01:55 AM
Batman!?

NOPE it is not Batman, but rather a HUGE fan of Nintendo games, especially retro games. LJSTAR did the head, and I did the rest of the body. Now WHO is it?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: LJSTAR on May 25, 2014, 07:59:23 AM
For dat Proto', I would suggest to use maybe few part from a model that isn't as high-poly, my idea would be to use the model from the port of MMBN5 on NDS, but when I tried to rip it, most of it had vertex deformation... (Body, head, hair), but I dunno, maybe you'd be interested in the model ?

Sure, why not?

Quote from: Iwvi on May 25, 2014, 05:53:45 AM
About that protoman, when looked at from the front, his head looks rather odd. I'm not sure if it is the shape or the thin neck, but something is not right with his head. Other than that it looks good. Also, manually optimizing can get really good results. If time is an issue, carefully using the pro-optimizer can be good. Try optimizing different parts separately.

I didn't make the model :P


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on May 25, 2014, 03:24:36 PM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

NOPE it is not Batman, but rather a HUGE fan of Nintendo games, especially retro games. LJSTAR did the head, and I did the rest of the body. Now WHO is it?

YESSSSSSS

needs moar 18-volt
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]




Armored Lucario? I actually don't know why no one thought to do that.

So I found a much lower poly model and I started to fuse both the high poly model and the low poly model together. Along with vertex welds, I go this:



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm not going to lie, it would probably be better to make Protoman.EXE from scratch.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I don't doubt that it'd be better, but I have no experience in modelling nor do I have the time. Importing is more than enough for me, for now


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Why do people think that making a model from scratch is easier than rigging an already made model?

So I edited Naruto's Revolution model, re-mapped the uvs, and painted a new texture on it to try to match brawl.


NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quite a good Naruto import. I don't know anything about UV mapping, though.

And that Lucario's armor sounds...familiar, but I do not know why...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: Kyouma on May 25, 2014, 05:56:32 PM
Why do people think that making a model from scratch is easier than rigging an already made model?

When did I say anything about it being easier? .__. Pretty certain I was implying no such thing.
I was saying the model would overall be better if it was redone from scratch.

For one thing, Protoman's head is far too wide, and looks flippin' weird as a result. His torso as is, is too thick in the middle. His upper torso is poorly shaped and ill-defined, and so is the horn on his helmet. His gauntlet / glove on top of that is also poorly, and incorrectly shaped, and before Tidus borrowed the boots from the lower poly model from the BN5 DS port, his boots were also incorrectly shaped and ill-defined.

Whoever did make the model originally, did a pretty poor job on accurately recreating him.

@Kaze: Sweet, nicely done there man.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302