Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 993 994 995 [996] 997 998 999 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4663495 times)
Mansta8
Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14925 on: June 21, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »

Yeah both are mine, the first one just has the hat edits + an alternate texture, and and bottom one is what I had before breaking the import, so I had to do everything over besides the hat.
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:32:05 PM by マンスタ8 » Logged

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Starstormer Renowned Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14926 on: June 21, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »

ah, very nice work. You could probably also get some ideas for your Ness from this picture of him (it probably looks pretty close to what he would like in ssb4)

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #14927 on: June 21, 2014, 02:44:45 PM »

Hey guys, how do you bone edit exactly? I changed these bones on Donkey Kong to fit a model of Palkia in BrawlBox, but when I play it in Brawl, he just changes back into the normal Donkey Kong bones, how do I fix this?

You gotta re-name bones so they won't animate with the original Brawl animations.

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14928 on: June 21, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »

oh, ok, thanks. That makes sense, but doesn't that mean you would have to change the moveset to get the bones you edited to move at all?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #14929 on: June 21, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »

oh, ok, thanks. That makes sense, but doesn't that mean you would have to change the moveset to get the bones you edited to move at all?

That's where bone edits get complicated, to avoid having to reanimate them, you'll have to add new bones but that causes problems when testing the character. It gets a little easier when the character you're importing doesn't use all the bones, like my SM64 imports, they don't use a good amount of the Brawl bones so I can get away with renaming and moving certain ones around without causing any problems, but that's because I know which bones are safe to move around. Look at Snoopy's thread for info on what each bones are responsible for (like the HaveN bones effect items and the TransN bones handles moving): http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9248.0
    Anyways, got the texture made, now to actally make the model changes. Played a lot of M&LPIT yesterday and today and I remembered no one actually made a decent import of this guy.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #14930 on: June 21, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »

Is that... Yoob?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14931 on: June 21, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »

Yes it is.

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14932 on: June 21, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »

That's where bone edits get complicated, to avoid having to reanimate them, you'll have to add new bones but that causes problems when testing the character.
    Adding new bones? How would you do that to keep from reanimating still?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #14933 on: June 21, 2014, 05:17:25 PM »

Not finished yet, but he is clearly fatter than Yoshi. xD

Also the mouth was a bit hard to do since Yoshi's didn't need that many vertices, so yah only way to get a better mouth is to make a custom one, which I am not good at doing, but until someone make a custom 3d Yoob model, this import is going to be the best so far, even with it's errors.
    Adding new bones? How would you do that to keep from reanimating still?

Adding a new bone, and make it a parent bone. Like say you want someone to have longer legs, add a new bone above the LegJ one, and make it a parent of that and resize that. Like look at my Somari import, I moved a few bones around to get Mario's legs to be positioned differently. Sonic doesn't have any LegN bones (actually none of the original characters have that I believe, LegJ is the name), so I did this.

By doing this, I got Somari to have different legs from Sonic without having to edit any animations. Now I did have to reexport the dae to rig to the the new bones because adding and moving bones in 3ds max is a no-no (causes model to explode in game)

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14934 on: June 21, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »

Oh, ok, now I get it, thanks Grin Nice Yoob btw, have you tried the Spherify modifier on him, that should help to fatten him up.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #14935 on: June 21, 2014, 06:22:50 PM »

Oh, ok, now I get it, thanks Grin Nice Yoob btw, have you tried the Spherify modifier on him, that should help to fatten him up.

Well I now know I can make Pinball Mario and co. XD

But in seriousness though, got the claws done, now just need to do the material and shader edits in BB and test ingame. AWESOME 2.0!

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #14936 on: June 21, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »

Made more edits to the model and texture and I had forgotten to make the shadow as well but here he is in game.

As you can see, added the fat...flabs? And made the shadow fat too.
    For those who don't know what the original sprite looked like, here you go.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #14937 on: June 21, 2014, 09:51:01 PM »

He needs a size mod to be huge Azn

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #14938 on: June 21, 2014, 10:05:01 PM »

So I want to get this done soon before the vault is filled with them. Unfortunately with all the released pics and info various aspects and details of my interpretation are out of date and need to be changed.

Fortunately those changes are mostly texture work. I'm hoping to have the remainder of the texture done this week.

Until then, I'm throwing this question out there now. Would anyone like to rig him?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #14939 on: June 21, 2014, 10:07:07 PM »

Inb4nano

Pages:  1 ... 993 994 995 [996] 997 998 999 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: