WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 13, 2014, 04:00:15 AM #17325 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:09:40 AM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf
Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 13, 2014, 03:56:11 AM
What are the texture dimensions?

Remember that they have to have the number 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc. No other numbers for the dimensions will work.

[censored], that's probably it...

Yep. The texture is 1280 wide and 256 high.

Thanks for the catch, Nano

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it didn't work. Same problem.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 13, 2014, 04:00:15 AM
[censored], that's probably it...

Yep. The texture is 1280 wide and 256 high.

Thanks for the catch, Nano

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it didn't work. Same problem.
Change it to 1024 and 256.... that really didnt make it work?

Quote from: Nαnobuds on December 13, 2014, 04:14:37 AM
Change it to 1024 and 256.... that really didnt make it work?

2048 and 256, and surprisingly it didn't.

I made sure that the textures were mapped correctly.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

is there a palette folder in the texturedata?

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

What's the texture set to? Repeat, Clamp or Mirror?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: iwantgames on December 13, 2014, 04:26:40 AM
is there a palette folder in the texturedata?

CMPR don't have palettes. Unless you didn't mean that.

I checked to make sure that all the materials had no reference to any palette.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 13, 2014, 04:31:19 AM
What's the texture set to? Repeat, Clamp or Mirror?

Repeat.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wait...so why am I doing this if Tabuu already finished the rig. Well, hope Omni isn't too upset.

Let's go over the basics.

CMPR - Check
1024x256 - Check?
Repeat - Check
No pallete - Check
Shader 0 to True - Check

Only thing left is to import using another BB or try different texture sizes.


It just has to be a multiple of 1024, not 1024x256, right?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The model itself is already a decent amount of polys. That is the safest, largest texture size to bet on. Might as well try.


December 13, 2014, 08:49:02 AM #17334 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:50:55 AM by Anivernage
@Great King of Evil Ganon a.k.a Shulk :V
-Is the model you tested on both pac/pcs?  Sometimes is that you only edit one of them, so they dont match properly causing some glitches :P (happened to me with groudon) especially since bowser needs both pac/pcs in order to work properly.

-Or try to change from CMPR to RGBA3/5/8 (i dont think that will fix it but maybe theres the problem)

I cant think about more solutions, everyones solutions are pretty much all the ones i know, but i think we are forgetting something ....

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 13, 2014, 04:51:35 AM
It just has to be a multiple of 1024, not 1024x256, right?
it could be
1024x256, 1024x512 or 512x256 512x128, 256x128, etc. but im pretty sure thats not the problem.

@Gamidame_K I dont know who she is, but she looks great as well as high poly :v
@DSX8 im still waiting for poke floats :'v ill like to see ganon first.
@StupidMarioFan1 i read all your posts too btw.

Quote from: Anivernage on December 13, 2014, 08:49:02 AM
@Great King of Evil Ganon a.k.a Shulk :V
-Is the model you tested on both pac/pcs?  Sometimes is that you only edit one of them, so they dont match properly causing some glitches :P (happened to me with groudon) especially since bowser needs both pac/pcs in order to work properly.

I save the file as a .pair so it saves it with both .pac and .pcs

Quote
-Or try to change from CMPR to RGBA3/5/8 (i dont think that will fix it but maybe theres the problem)

I can give it a shot

Quote
I cant think about more solutions, everyones solutions are pretty much all the ones i know, but i think we are forgetting something ....
it could be
1024x256, 1024x512 or 512x256 512x128, 256x128, etc. but im pretty sure thats not the problem.

I think I posted before that the current dimensions of the texture are 2048x256

Unless that's too big and THATS what's causing the problem.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 13, 2014, 04:05:15 PM
I save the file as a .pair so it saves it with both .pac and .pcs

I can give it a shot

I think I posted before that the current dimensions of the texture are 2048x256

Unless that's too big and THATS what's causing the problem.

That is too big, resize to half (1024x256). I got some 360 models of 13, and the textures were HQ, like yours. I needed to resize them to 1024x512.

Quote from: Ashley and Red on December 13, 2014, 04:14:00 PM
That is too big, resize to half (1024x256). I got some 360 models of 13, and the textures were HQ, like yours. I needed to resize them to 1024x512.
Did the texures look messed up for you or just freeze/crash the game? I thought textures could only freeze/crash the game if they were too big.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Textures were messed up. Didn't crash the game.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 13, 2014, 04:16:12 PM
Did the texures look messed up for you or just freeze/crash the game? I thought textures could only freeze/crash the game if they were too big.

And when you have a C18 texture for model objects without using the proper material and shader files. It eventually freezes.