WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Emmeryn on April 25, 2015, 12:33:55 AM
So I got my hands on SM3DW and CT:TT models, and decided to make this cute import.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

However, I can't continue until I figure out how to get the normal maps to work. When extracted from the source files, the Normal and Spec(Maybe? IDK really) textures are in a .DDS format that can't be opened in Paint.NET or Photoshop. Anyone wanna take a look at 'em?
So which character is it? Mario, Luigi, Peach or Rosalina? Too tall for Toad, but the others are closer in height so it's hard to tell which that that's supposed to be for. My guess would be either Mario or Peach, but it could be Luigi or Rosalina.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

making this to help DAO with his new PSA

April 25, 2015, 06:59:45 PM #18662 Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:45:31 PM by Emmeryn
Quote from: PervyDSX8 on April 25, 2015, 12:37:43 AM
try using noesis.
Alright, I'll try that.

Quote from: Program on April 25, 2015, 03:33:08 PM
I've used this and it works fine for me (http://www.ddsconverter.com/).
Also, there is a plugin for photoshop (https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop). The problem with the photoshop plugin is (for me at least since I use elements 8 and this isn't meant for it exactly) is that it doesn't keep the images transparency, but that may just be because I'm using elements.
Thank you, I'll try that as well.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on April 25, 2015, 03:58:15 PM
So which character is it? Mario, Luigi, Peach or Rosalina? Too tall for Toad, but the others are closer in height so it's hard to tell which that that's supposed to be for. My guess would be either Mario or Peach, but it could be Luigi or Rosalina.
All of them. Peach and Mario's Cat Suit have very similar proportions, seeing as in SM3DW Peach and Mario are roughly the same height. I'll do Peach and Mario first, and then using the LST Smash 4 Rosalina, I'll do Rosalina and Luigi next, and then finally Toad when I get his 3D World model ripped and rigged over Ness maybe?

Also, any idea how to rig the tail so it doesn't look so static? For Peach/Rosie, I thought about editing her back dress bone to fit the tail, then rename the parent bone to give the tail physics. IDK for Mario, Luigi, and Toad. Probs just gonna vertex the tail to look kinda posed and just single bind to HipN.

April 25, 2015, 09:16:17 PM #18663 Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:18:38 PM by ShadowLuigi~NG~
Well, you can do bone edits and give Mario, Diddy's bones...well, don't follow that advice. I am not too immersed in bone movements and animations for Brawl. Anyway, for a not...stick tail, I curved my Mario's tail to make an "S". It doesn't look bad to be honest. It should be here...somewhere. If not, you can just imagine the tail.

@Kyouma: Is...is that... a machine gun behind her? Where is it sticking?...


Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on April 25, 2015, 09:16:17 PM
Is...is that... a machine gun behind her? Where is it sticking?...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've seen a lot of weird stuff in anime and japanese games, but this is definately in the top 20.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The proportions on Peach are really throwing me off... I'm thinking size-mod, or one-slot PSA with custom Wait and Run. Maybe...

Quote from: Emmeryn on April 26, 2015, 01:42:12 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The proportions on Peach are really throwing me off... I'm thinking size-mod, or one-slot PSA with custom Wait and Run. Maybe...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MubibClfoCM

Quote from: Gamidame_K on April 25, 2015, 09:34:52 PM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

What in the [censored] is that?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

that huge tail in her butt makes this the hardest skirt ive rigged


Quote from: Segtendo on April 26, 2015, 04:48:40 AM
What in the [censored] is that?
japan in a nutshell...

Decided to make a higer-poly King Cold model. Will keep Ganon's poly-count in mind.

Here's my progress so far, using an official Dragon Ball manga artwork as a ref. Can anyone teach me how to make connected body parts? Like, Mario's arms and bust in one object instead of stitching [censored] together, risking it looking bad?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



what are those panties next to her for?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"that FE girl with the great butt"

Is that cusom made by you, or did you find the model elsewhere?