WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

After Final Fantasy 12, Square fully adopted their Active battle system. And alot of focus was put around having seamless battle transitions.

Previously they would have two models, lowpoly and hipoly models

when walking in the world map the game would use the lowpoly models. Then in a battle squence they would use the hipoly models.

But with their new seamless system there was no more room for lowpoly/hipoly

Typically everything is lowpoly, and anything else is just pre-rendered video...

So on a technical note all the FF13 models are usable.. there just current gen models.. and wii is a last generation console.. it can't mimic the complex shader system used in square's crystal engine.

Also on a different note, I applied the emboss mapping to rayne


the only problem is the vertex normals, which I'm still investigating..
in the brawlbox previewer they look perfectly fine. But ingame, that seems not to be the case especially when using any reflection or environment shaders

I plan to import the normals into 3dsmax, but jax said the normals from a OBJ export will be different.. so I gotta import the obj then reapply the vertex normals directly from the normal buffer.. by having full control I'll be able to better understand whats happening with the light.
...just too lazy to code that up right now
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

Quote from: mariokart64n on August 05, 2012, 05:01:37 AM
After Final Fantasy 12, Square fully adopted their Active battle system. And alot of focus was put around having seamless battle transitions.

Previously they would have two models, lowpoly and hipoly models

when walking in the world map the game would use the lowpoly models. Then in a battle squence they would use the hipoly models.

But with their new seamless system there was no more room for lowpoly/hipoly

Typically everything is lowpoly, and anything else is just pre-rendered video...

So on a technical note all the FF13 models are usable.. there just current gen models.. and wii is a last generation console.. it can't mimic the complex shader system used in square's crystal engine.

Also on a different note, I applied the emboss mapping to rayne


the only problem is the vertex normals, which I'm still investigating..
in the brawlbox previewer they look perfectly fine. But ingame, that seems not to be the case especially when using any reflection or environment shaders

I plan to import the normals into 3dsmax, but jax said the normals from a OBJ export will be different.. so I gotta import the obj then reapply the vertex normals directly from the normal buffer.. by having full control I'll be able to better understand whats happening with the light.
...just too lazy to code that up right now

Now that is one awesome hack!

Is that a shine I see?
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 05, 2012, 05:07:20 AM
Is that a shine I see?
its the emboss mapping mate... altho i cant wait to see how he was able to get that to show.. ;D
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I uploaded the material+shader in the original topic about it

to apply it is easy, just follow the readme i left inside.
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

So we should expect a release relatively soon?

for rayne? ..nah I'm on the fence about how dumb her original BR2 face mesh is... currently searching for reference material.. but there really is no better face lol outside a bunch of comic sketches and the movie actors
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

August 05, 2012, 06:26:20 AM #3787 Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:28:19 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: mariokart64n on August 05, 2012, 06:17:49 AM
for rayne? ..nah I'm on the fence about how dumb her original BR2 face mesh is... currently searching for reference material.. but there really is no better face lol outside a bunch of comic sketches and the movie actors

Meh. Looks good enough for me, at least you know what you're doing, I can't even rig Dedede's legs w/out them screwing up, but no sense in me derailing.



Steadily getting this along.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]



So much sexy in this thread. I love all of you. :3

Quote from: Pik on August 05, 2012, 01:45:20 PM


Steadily getting this along.
over ness? =P
looks great
are you combining one of the megamans already on ness with ness?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

I thought that was that...Masked dude from Earthbound.


Quote from: Haseyo on August 05, 2012, 03:31:30 PM
I thought that was that...Masked dude from Earthbound.
Quote from: Haseyo on August 05, 2012, 03:31:30 PM
I thought that was that...Masked dude from Earthbound.
it is
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

August 05, 2012, 03:37:43 PM #3794 Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:38:36 PM by KnightMario
i...
never played earthbound
lol sorry
off topic:
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 05, 2012, 03:33:08 PM
it is
lol your sig and avvy
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P