[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 12, 2014, 08:58:39 PM
Its still there. Just his as his F-Smash now.
Your avatar...

I thought that was Metal Greymon for a bit. O.O
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

November 13, 2014, 02:28:29 AM #2281 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:35:49 AM by LC the Immolator
...yeah I'm going to have to poke the dog here: What's the deal with all of this [censored]?

Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
When it comes to death-threats and the like, the best approach is to ignore them. Bringing attention to things like that just encourages people to continue to do those sorta things because they know they'll get a rise out of it.

So basically, the old 'are they picking on you? ignore them lol' excuse applied to death threats. Which, last I checked, aren't exactly something to be shrugged off nonchalantly. Forgive me for sounding like Miacis here, but I haven't seen anyone worth their shekels from P:M actually address the whole 'Apex denies P:M, fans send death threats' thing except for SOJ. Doesn't matter if you like the Total Conversion or not, it's troubling.

Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Also the PMDT don't really have an obligation to publicly address things of that nature when it isn't really related to them. They can't help it if some troll, person in a bad state of mind, or drunkard decides to do something stupid.

Yes, they don't have an obligation... but consider that, even if that person is a troublemaker, it's trying to stain P:M's name by proxy. When you have a bunch of loonies running around outright threatening people while calling themselves P:M fans, the higher-ups should go out of their way to say "Yeah, these guys? They're not us. We don't like their flailing, it's uncool and cramping our style, bros." in the most powerful media they have - the blog. It might not LOOK like much, but it's enough to distance Group A from Group B, and it's not like P:M is foreign to that concept. I mean, if you look at christians and the KKK, muslims and Al Qaeda, it's not too farfetched. this thread confirmed religion thread 2.0

Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
The community in general has already taken action by showing their support towards Alex Strife via letters, messages, etc. I'm sure the PMDT has done something similar privately. I wouldn't expect or ask for much else tbh.

Saying "I'm sorry about <x>" in private isn't as effective as in public, though. Not to mention that, from what I've seen, the community was more focused on trying to one-up Apex and disregarding the health, physical or mental, of the main guy Alex. I mean, there's an issue if those are the priorities and no one is saying anything against it. Or they're okay with it, which is an even bigger issue.

I mean, if [censored] like this keeps happening - retarded-ass drama because of a TC, nerdraging over a fake video of a 10-year-old girl, among other oh so intelligent instances - what do you think is going to happen? Ninty's decided to be benevolent and officially* support the more competitive side of Smash. If they see how much people are [censored]ting themselves over every little triggering thing, they'll likely pull the plug before Smash 4's lifespan is even over. Worst case scenario, they yank a C&D out their pockets and shut the sonofa[censored] down for good. Can't we just love the SMASH series in its entirety instead of fragment into each game (and TC) in the series and throw flaming bags of [censored] at anyone not in our team just for thinking differently?

*as in, official games and not a TC

Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.

[censored] Miacis, how did you manage to steal my thunder? :c

Overall, everyone has retards in their community, there's no escaping that. Just have to power through and teach them to do and not do things, not just shun them and hope things will automagically get better. Just... all of this from a combination of a fake vid, the Apex thing and subsequent reactions, and the convenient/poor-timed (depending on who you ask) scheduled release of 3.5 led to a [censored]storm so immense even Link can't salvage. Honestly, when did Smash Bros. become such a headache that people can only fight OUTSIDE the game?

Now both Miacis and Nanobuds kiss and make up. You can both lord it up with lightsaber battles over who has the higher ground, but leave the dark and edgy behaviour at the thread's entrance and get along, for [censored]'s sake.

And if you're not going to, then at least give us a heads up if you're ever gonna go GOLD. Y'know, so we can have all the shiny trinkets you oh so diligently kept secret in a vault of your own.

Unless you're afraid that the codes might trigger a nuclear holocaust. :V

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Holy crap, LC is being the reasonable one. What is the world coming to?

Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 13, 2014, 02:28:29 AM
this thread confirmed religion thread 2.0

You had to go and use my line :v
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


November 13, 2014, 02:50:11 AM #2283 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:51:12 AM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf
Quote from: wiiztec on November 12, 2014, 09:18:45 PM
Yeah Magus figured it out

I am so freaking hyped about this (I'm sure Pikazz and many other PSA hackers are hyped about this too)

Will there be a Tut or something to do this? The ability to add defensive collisions in module files/gct would be a HUGE boon for ALL PSA hackers and would open MANY possibilities for old and even new movesets (now only if someone can figure out how to add articles)

I already have a copy of P:M on my computer, but I'm definitely going to download the new P:M update now.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


As much as I love to be hyped about it, now it's meh to me. I mean it's cool and all, but I think Smash 4 just feels good to me. In other words, I can't go back into Project M, even if I tried.  :-\ But that's just me.

Quote from: Albafika on November 13, 2014, 04:18:32 AM
Was hoping for a reveal of a new character by the end of the trailer... Do it PM Team!
we already have toon link as our young link, and dr mario is a specialized alt for mario. only poossible choice left is...



pichu

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524


Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on November 13, 2014, 02:50:11 AM
I am so freaking hyped about this (I'm sure Pikazz and many other PSA hackers are hyped about this too)

Will there be a Tut or something to do this? The ability to add defensive collisions in module files/gct would be a HUGE boon for ALL PSA hackers and would open MANY possibilities for old and even new movesets (now only if someone can figure out how to add articles)

I already have a copy of P:M on my computer, but I'm definitely going to download the new P:M update now.
pretty sure that they will not give out anything of that sadly.
maybe some directions on "how" its made but even that is as rare as finding a pokemon in the wild.

I am just happy that defensive collision isnt impossible with shown proof <3
Stupid Tinypic :C

Amazing trailer. Wow.
Glad you guys changed Zeldas Side B up a bit.
Absolutely LOVE how Ganon's been shaping up in P:M so far. While still keeping his "stronger Captain Falcon" feel, you guys keep adding new options to his arsenal that make him feel so new and different. Loving the hover and cape, hopefully he'll finally have a chance against characters with projectiles now. lol
HD Metal Cavern looks amazing, HD Dreamland looks cool too, great job on that.
Loving those new costumes too. Dedede seems to have some pretty sweet ones, and Falcons looks amazing in motion, same goes for Ganons.

Also, just to make sure (since I used to USB Loader Project M before), is the PAL release gonna work with an unmodded Wii U? I don't care when it's getting released, would just like to know whether I'll have to homebrew my Wii U to play P:M.

So yea overall, pretty [censored]ing excited.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM #2290 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:14:21 PM by Nαnobuds
Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
Speaking of Apex, still nothing public anounced by the big wigs regarding the death threats sent to the Apex staff?
I've heard of some miscontent in the PMDT, but... well that's not exactly action.

Or did the release trailer seriously take priority there?

http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/

EDIT: A gift.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/

November 13, 2014, 07:35:25 PM #2291 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:46:27 PM by Velen
Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/

EDIT: A gift.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That is all.

Though I gotta say I love how Metal Cavern looks now. Big props guys.

Makes me wish I was as active in modeling.

EDIT:

Though I have a couple questions regarding things, if you don't mind me asking:

- Where did the idea for Charizard's armored Alt come from? It kind of reminds me of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
- How long did it take to redo the Dreamland Stage?


My only stipulation with Charizard's armored alt is I personally think the armor looks too dull, can Charizard not support a specular?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Hnnnng Justin Bailey Samus's arm canon hand looks sooo cooool uuuggghhh. Brilliant idea.

Metal Cavern's definitely my favorite updated stage, the N64 stages looked so jarring to me, so it's nice to see them finally blending in well with the artstyle of everything else. Also, hopefully the random King Bublin sound effects no longer play on Castle.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM
http://smashboards.com/threads/a-call-to-the-community-apex-2015-and-the-future-of-project-m.377532/
Ah, well I'm certainly glad that Strong Bad agrees with me so wholeheartedly. :)

Not sure whether I agree with the idea of dissociating the death threats from the issue of P:M not being present at Apex, however. It's entirely possible I missed something, but weren't the threats specifically meant to protest against the latter decision?

Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 13, 2014, 06:52:34 PM
EDIT: A gift.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2m7f3x/project_m_art_thursday/
Those are some really fancy ZSS alts. And that Metal Cavern is legitimately impressive. Hotdamn, so many details.

What's with the whole left side of the Iceberg though? It looks... oddly low-poly.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

November 13, 2014, 09:12:47 PM #2294 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:13:21 PM by Nαnobuds
Quote from: Velen on November 13, 2014, 07:35:25 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That is all.

Though I gotta say I love how Metal Cavern looks now. Big props guys.

Makes me wish I was as active in modeling.

EDIT:

Though I have a couple questions regarding things, if you don't mind me asking:

- Where did the idea for Charizard's armored Alt come from? It kind of reminds me of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
- How long did it take to redo the Dreamland Stage?


My only stipulation with Charizard's armored alt is I personally think the armor looks too dull, can Charizard not support a specular?

Charizard is based off of the Lucario movie, but with our own edits. Jiang came up with the design.

I was able to reduce filesize just a little bit ago, so we are going to add a specular map :)

Quote from: Miacis on November 13, 2014, 08:11:15 PM
Ah, well I'm certainly glad that Strong Bad agrees with me so wholeheartedly. :)

Not sure whether I agree with the idea of dissociating the death threats from the issue of P:M not being present at Apex, however. It's entirely possible I missed something, but weren't the threats specifically meant to protest against the latter decision?
Those are some really fancy ZSS alts. And that Metal Cavern is legitimately impressive. Hotdamn, so many details.

What's with the whole left side of the Iceberg though? It looks... oddly low-poly.

Honestly, I personally cannot answer your question regarding Apex. I know the basics, like death threats being sent to Alex, resulting in him from stepping down. I'm not sure who exactly was involved... I am not involved much in the actual PM and Smash community.

As for the iceburg... where exactly does it seem low-poly? I don't quite see what you mean.