[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: PPXEXE on April 16, 2012, 06:15:12 PM



And they have a controller just for you, it called the "Classic Controller Pro"



The pro would be good if it had rumbling... Due to always playing with rumble on you get used to it so once its gone the game seems off forever :L The classic controller pro is a fail for brawl because of that, GC controller is the best (too bad mine is so old and went overseas so many times before its actually kinda rotten x.x)

Aaanyway, Yay its out :D downloading it now. Btw: will there ever be a .txt released of the GCT with all the codes named so then we can choose codes with ease and such? y'kno, mix and match what you want? XD I've done that with my B+ and I really wanna put some P:M into my main codeset after trying it and *probably* enjoying the extra mechanics.
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Well, Dolphin only lets me play it for about two minutes, but from what I can tell this is pretty well made.

Downloaded it to get Wario's new moveset.

Then I got rid of it.
Formally Known As The Ant Formally Known As Flik

Whats the difference between..
Riivolution Online Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
Riivolution Offline Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)

And is...
Riivolution Option ZIP (Full Set) WiFi Safe?

Quote from: hero3120 on April 17, 2012, 08:58:37 PM
Whats the difference between..
Riivolution Online Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
Riivolution Offline Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)

And is...
Riivolution Option ZIP (Full Set) WiFi Safe?

First is for replays and Wifi (I think), second is for just Wifi.  Though don't hold me to that.

And no the full set isn't Wifi safe, hence why there's Wifi safe versions :V

I'm having so much fun with this >.>
I'm really digging the new side smash for snake, it's freaking dank and super useful. Lucario's shroyuken Up smash is also quite useful. I really also like that toon link has a jump attack for his side smash (also dat milk drink taunt >.>)
I found ike to be pretty great as well, definently dig that second charge on his side special.
I dunno if it was intentional, but when fully charged and landing the slash, it reminds me of sol badguy's instant kill from guilty gear on the PS1.

Overall liking it so far, and can say all my mains play exactly as I thought they would.

April 17, 2012, 09:19:41 PM #51 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:29:47 PM by hero3120
Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on April 17, 2012, 09:06:06 PM
First is for replays and Wifi (I think), second is for just Wifi.  Though don't hold me to that.

And no the full set isn't Wifi safe, hence why there's Wifi safe versions :V
K thank you ;D

If anyone wants to play on wifi with Project: M, pm me :P

My first impressions.. aren't so positive.. I'll make a pro and con list later (after trying it out a bit more) and post it here. Its pretty good though, although I did just use codes and such to make my brawl the way I'd enjoy it which is why I prefer it... But yeah, I won't be comparing, just making a list 100% about P:M. cya later :L
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

April 17, 2012, 10:39:21 PM #53 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:19:35 PM by PPXEXE
No Side-B Death Sheik Ai


I'm Working on some Ai stuff, here's the first.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: namq on April 17, 2012, 11:15:41 PM
deleted O.O :-/????

Was working on a better version, the last still side-b death if above the ledge.

No Side-B Death Sheik Ai

Here we go the prefect version, this one won't Side-B death for sure.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19502.msg351735#msg351735

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

April 18, 2012, 01:00:20 AM #56 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:03:06 AM by Thany
I've finally been able to play P:M Demo2. It's pretty nice, but I find it has a few flaws.

Ike is AWESOME. To me, he is the shining STAR of this build. I did not now he had four counter quotes either, I knew of all of them being in the game somewhere except his "YERR THRUUUE!" one :3.
ToonLink is probably my second favourite to play as. I am in love with that milk drink taunt(My second favourite Melee character was Young Link)  :happy: And that new entry of his is a comedic improvement on the original, I'm just not fond of his recovery...I was expecting it to be more like his/YoungLink's in terms of being able to get back on stage x__x

I've tried Lucario for a bit. Sadly it is just not my cup of tea, but I suppose it's difficult to please everyone ;__; . The Side B's aerial 'grab' is still fantastic idea.

My problem isn't really with gameplay functions now, but it's the animations I find could use work. Marth especially had many animations that felt like they weren't really made with a lot of time or effort.(I ask for forgiveness if any of the following sounds harsh x__x )

I'll hide these in spoilers. I've got lots to say .__.

Dancing Blade 3rd down hit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dancing Blade 4th up hit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dancing Blade 2nd normal hit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Smash attacks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Jabs
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


There are some other things, like Link's entry not ending in his Wait1 stance perfectly(the sword, anyway), or some other puzzling changes, like Luigi's "falling over" victory looping into itself instead of being his WinWait for that animation.( I personally found that WinWait was pretty funny to see him wobble and his nose periodically twitch  :af:  )

But overall, I still did enjoy this mod quite a bit and I'd encourage people to give it a try(I won't go into Ike's face issue with the D-smash, as I know that's currently impossible to remedy as far as I know), but to me it's mainly the animations(Especially with making the feet stay in place) that could use some work.

A very fun mod, even for one who sits on the competitive fence like myself. Just needs some polish to make things shine brighter :3
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 18, 2012, 01:12:24 AM #57 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:13:37 AM by Alses
Kay, so this is my pros and cons list of 5 things each for first impressions:

Pros
1- well structured (so organized and pretty :D)
2- lots of useful mechanics (though I don't consider the new air dodge, which i forgot the name of it)
3- very well balanced (each character with a good side and bad)
4- interesting movesets (Lucas' is my fav :L but he was as well in vB and B+ so... idk I'm always good with him)
5- allows nice combos

Cons
1- Camping is way too easy to do
2- juggling is tough to get out of most times but not tough to perform
3- AI for CPUs can be suicidal... as can I when I make a booboo :L
4- some combos are so easy to pull off and so much more worth it than some fancy combos
5- where's mah air combat!? D: this part was intentional I know but there's so much gravity that my fav way to fight is practically gone, most of the time you're on the floor to fight :L this also makes recovery harder by itself which makes edge guarding easier than blocking wolf's super slow blaster or lucario's aura sphere or even mario and luigi's fireball XD



So anyway: Its fun... but not fun if you end up playing with a d*** that uses the cheap and easy to do strategies all the time... I prefer my B+... its faster, less clunky and way funner IMO <3
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Toon Link is awesome. I actually enjoy using him now. Though his milk drink animation could use some polishing (the bottom of the bottle lip should be at his mouth, though it's at the center). Zelda is also pretty classy. Love Pit's new specials.

I don't care for new Falco. And the Zelda/Sheik portraits are really blah. Especially Zelda's.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Yea, agreed with SJS.

Pit is so much better now. Same for Toon Link, I like his forward smash and his Up-B movement on the ground.

I still use Mario though because hes a basic character and my favorite.