Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 725056 times)
Allbait
Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »

And they have a controller just for you, it called the "Classic Controller Pro"

The pro would be good if it had rumbling... Due to always playing with rumble on you get used to it so once its gone the game seems off forever :L The classic controller pro is a fail for brawl because of that, GC controller is the best (too bad mine is so old and went overseas so many times before its actually kinda rotten x.x)

Aaanyway, Yay its out Cheesy downloading it now. Btw: will there ever be a .txt released of the GCT with all the codes named so then we can choose codes with ease and such? y'kno, mix and match what you want? XD I've done that with my B+ and I really wanna put some P:M into my main codeset after trying it and *probably* enjoying the extra mechanics.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »

Well, Dolphin only lets me play it for about two minutes, but from what I can tell this is pretty well made.

That BattleToad PSA Guy
    Supreme Kitten

"STOMPIN' TIME!"

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: April 17, 2012, 02:44:25 PM »

Downloaded it to get Wario's new moveset.

Then I got rid of it.

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »

Whats the difference between..
    Riivolution Online Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
    Riivolution Offline Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)

And is...
    Riivolution Option ZIP (Full Set) WiFi Safe?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2012, 03:06:06 PM »

Whats the difference between..
    Riivolution Online Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)
    Riivolution Offline Option ZIP (WiFi-Safe)

And is...
    Riivolution Option ZIP (Full Set) WiFi Safe?

First is for replays and Wifi (I think), second is for just Wifi.  Though don't hold me to that.

And no the full set isn't Wifi safe, hence why there's Wifi safe versions :V

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: April 17, 2012, 03:08:58 PM »

I'm having so much fun with this >.>
    I'm really digging the new side smash for snake, it's freaking dank and super useful. Lucario's shroyuken Up smash is also quite useful. I really also like that toon link has a jump attack for his side smash (also dat milk drink taunt >.>)
    I found ike to be pretty great as well, definently dig that second charge on his side special.
    I dunno if it was intentional, but when fully charged and landing the slash, it reminds me of sol badguy's instant kill from guilty gear on the PS1.

Overall liking it so far, and can say all my mains play exactly as I thought they would.

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: April 17, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »

First is for replays and Wifi (I think), second is for just Wifi.  Though don't hold me to that.

And no the full set isn't Wifi safe, hence why there's Wifi safe versions :V
    K thank you Grin

If anyone wants to play on wifi with Project: M, pm me Tongue
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 03:29:47 PM by hero3120 » Logged

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »

My first impressions.. aren't so positive.. I'll make a pro and con list later (after trying it out a bit more) and post it here. Its pretty good though, although I did just use codes and such to make my brawl the way I'd enjoy it which is why I prefer it... But yeah, I won't be comparing, just making a list 100% about P:M. cya later :L

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

There are worst things then death.....

• Awards Fiery Topic Former PMDT Heart Container

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »

No Side-B Death Sheik Ai

I'm Working on some Ai stuff, here's the first.
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:19:35 PM by PPXEXE » Logged

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: April 17, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »

No Side-B Death Sheik Ai

I'm Working on some Ai stuff, here's the first.

deleted O.O :-/????

PPXEXE
    Supreme Kitten

There are worst things then death.....

• Awards Fiery Topic Former PMDT Heart Container

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »

deleted O.O :-/????

Was working on a better version, the last still side-b death if above the ledge.

No Side-B Death Sheik Ai

Here we go the prefect version, this one won't Side-B death for sure.

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: April 17, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »

I've finally been able to play P:M Demo2. It's pretty nice, but I find it has a few flaws.

Ike is AWESOME. To me, he is the shining STAR of this build. I did not now he had four counter quotes either, I knew of all of them being in the game somewhere except his "YERR THRUUUE!" one :3.
    ToonLink is probably my second favourite to play as. I am in love with that milk drink taunt(My second favourite Melee character was Young Link)  Happy Face And that new entry of his is a comedic improvement on the original, I'm just not fond of his recovery...I was expecting it to be more like his/YoungLink's in terms of being able to get back on stage x__x

I've tried Lucario for a bit. Sadly it is just not my cup of tea, but I suppose it's difficult to please everyone ;__; . The Side B's aerial 'grab' is still fantastic idea.

My problem isn't really with gameplay functions now, but it's the animations I find could use work. Marth especially had many animations that felt like they weren't really made with a lot of time or effort.(I ask for forgiveness if any of the following sounds harsh x__x )

I'll hide these in spoilers. I've got lots to say .__.

Dancing Blade 3rd down hit
    His 3rd down hit(side B) is changed, but it looks choppy and the pose looks...Bizarre to me. The animation itself doesn't really flow smoothly. The pose would be better based off of the aerial version, given how that one, oddly, is more similar to the Melee one. Also, I'd personally leave the first frame looking like the other two 3rd hits, so it flows. The other two did not receive changes that edit how the move functions, so that causes it to feel out of place.

But I've redone this animation for Roy more times than I can count. The HipN is a fickle bone, so I was wondering if it was an issue with rotating it? I used the YRotN bone in it myself.

Dancing Blade 4th up hit
    His 4th up hit(side B) is literally just a copy of his 4th normal hit, but with an awkward ascension in the middle and a changed ending (And when he stands up, I find that was pretty choppy looking, frames 41-the end). I don't want to sound mean, but this one really just felt lazy.

Dancing Blade 2nd normal hit
    His 2nd normal hit, much like in Melee, he spins the sword and his arm before the stab...But this was not done for the aerial version. Again, this is one of the little things that really make works shine. Was this overlooked?

Smash attacks
    His smashes have similar issues: After he does an Up Smash, for some reason he pulls the sword blade down through his face. The down smash makes him slide around a bit. The F-smash, he can't seem to keep his sword on the ground. His arm is higher than it should be, and as a result, the sword isn't resting against the ground before he stands up, he's holding above it.

Jabs
    I also find his jabs are kinda choppy looking, especially his left leg movement from frames 4-7 on Attack11. Although, I do like how it looks like he's swinging the sword correctly now on his second jab.

There are some other things, like Link's entry not ending in his Wait1 stance perfectly(the sword, anyway), or some other puzzling changes, like Luigi's "falling over" victory looping into itself instead of being his WinWait for that animation.( I personally found that WinWait was pretty funny to see him wobble and his nose periodically twitch  Awesome Face  )

But overall, I still did enjoy this mod quite a bit and I'd encourage people to give it a try(I won't go into Ike's face issue with the D-smash, as I know that's currently impossible to remedy as far as I know), but to me it's mainly the animations(Especially with making the feet stay in place) that could use some work.

A very fun mod, even for one who sits on the competitive fence like myself. Just needs some polish to make things shine brighter :3
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:03:06 PM by Thany » Logged

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2012, 07:12:24 PM »

Kay, so this is my pros and cons list of 5 things each for first impressions:

Pros
    1- well structured (so organized and pretty Cheesy)
    2- lots of useful mechanics (though I don't consider the new air dodge, which i forgot the name of it)
    3- very well balanced (each character with a good side and bad)
    4- interesting movesets (Lucas' is my fav :L but he was as well in vB and B+ so... idk I'm always good with him)
    5- allows nice combos

Cons
    1- Camping is way too easy to do
    2- juggling is tough to get out of most times but not tough to perform
    3- AI for CPUs can be suicidal... as can I when I make a booboo :L
    4- some combos are so easy to pull off and so much more worth it than some fancy combos
    5- where's mah air combat!? D: this part was intentional I know but there's so much gravity that my fav way to fight is practically gone, most of the time you're on the floor to fight :L this also makes recovery harder by itself which makes edge guarding easier than blocking wolf's super slow blaster or lucario's aura sphere or even mario and luigi's fireball XD

So anyway: Its fun... but not fun if you end up playing with a d*** that uses the cheap and easy to do strategies all the time... I prefer my B+... its faster, less clunky and way funner IMO <3
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:13:37 PM by Alses » Logged

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »

Toon Link is awesome. I actually enjoy using him now. Though his milk drink animation could use some polishing (the bottom of the bottle lip should be at his mouth, though it's at the center). Zelda is also pretty classy. Love Pit's new specials.

I don't care for new Falco. And the Zelda/Sheik portraits are really blah. Especially Zelda's.

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: April 17, 2012, 08:48:13 PM »

Yea, agreed with SJS.

Pit is so much better now. Same for Toon Link, I like his forward smash and his Up-B movement on the ground.

I still use Mario though because hes a basic character and my favorite.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: