Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nice progress Thany. This will probably be the Melee Roy to end Melee Roy's.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Actually, it's my stab at the theoretical Brawl Roy that should've been.
...Ironically enough, it uses pieces from the Melee model, though. Eh heh heh heh ^_^'
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Thany on June 26, 2012, 03:41:36 AM
Actually, it's my stab at the theoretical Brawl Roy that should've been.
...Ironically enough, it uses pieces from the Melee model, though. Eh heh heh heh ^_^'
In my bizarrely worded compliment, that's actually what I meant. In hindsight, I probably should've said "this will be the Brawl-styled Melee Roy to end them all"

I need to eat food. My brain turns off when I am hungry

EDIT: Also, a very clear picture of Lucina's eye just came out. I'll update it tomorrow.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Is that image this perhaps?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Or is there one of even better clarity? I'd like to know if you could share some of your FE related sources, I just usually head to serenesforest or the Fire Emblem Wiki.

This one actually.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's her eye with the mark in a sort of "dormant" state. I'll use the other one for a Final Smash eye

Serenes forest is where I go. I also have the advantage of being capable of reading some Japanese, so I can check their boards and navigate around.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

First, thanks to all for the compliments on Lucina!
Second, Roy's looking great so far! Thany, I actually improved a couple of textures when I ported the brawl-ish texture to the melee model. You should use them in the model:







The cape collar fits the model properly right now. Also I noticed the eyes don't have reflections, I suppose you'll add them later?
Also I'd like to ask you if after you finish this you'd like to work on the awakening version. After I finish Lucina I'd like to try remodelling Roy like I did with Marth.



Quote from: Shun_One on June 26, 2012, 02:43:28 PM
This one actually.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's her eye with the mark in a sort of "dormant" state. I'll use the other one for a Final Smash eye

Ah, I see, that's actually a great idea. It'd probably be cool to see a white glow for the mark on FS. Yet at the same time I also hope the mark is noticeable even when dormant.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to that model.
Man, I'm starting to get hyped up again...

Quote from: Thany on June 26, 2012, 01:24:09 AM
I haven't made a post in here for a while. Luckily I've made some significant progress on a certain Lord who made his debut outside of Fire Emblem >:3

After adjusting his textures to fit with Brawl's picky digits and FINALLY finishing up about a bazillion tweaks, edits, or in some cases remaking some model parts altogether, I've finally started to rig that custom Roy! Here's some pics;

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


That's all for now.


Roy is coming along nicely.

Though you need to clean up the normals on the face so it looks smoother in darker lighting.

New DLC for awakening of a certain brawl character:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Ike can wait for me.
I feel there isn't enough FE 7 love.


... We'd better see 3D renditions of these redesigns in SSB4.

... Seriously.


fdsafdsf YES
I love it. Lyn's probably my favorite FE character. Besides Marth. And Ike. Aaaand Roy.
Like Rufure said, Nintendo better put these guys in SSB4. :srs:

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

...Please...give...me...Ike...

Anyway, Lyn certainly looks nice, though not much of a deviation from her original design.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: ExorcistRain on June 28, 2012, 02:46:35 PMLike Rufure said, Nintendo better put these guys in SSB4. :srs:
Masahiro Sakurai, smash bros. creator made recently a poll in japan to see the preferred 20 characters to appear in SSB4. He made more polls before melee and brawl, and usually the top-ranked characters made it in the final version of both games. However I still don't know why miku hatsune and that character from inazuma eleven are there.

I'm highly surprised Ike still keeps his popularity. I think we'll see Chrom and Marth for sure, and probably Ike, since he's still very popular (he may get replaced by Chrom), Roy as DLC/costume/assist, and other characters as assist trophies.