Holy tits, this Legacy guy does stages and SSPs

Started by LegacyWolf, May 01, 2012, 03:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 05, 2013, 09:18:27 PM #480 Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:22:41 PM by Legacy
Yo

Tower of the Wing Cap v2

Better version of my original Tower of the Wing Cap remake. It was freezing, so I did more than a simple fix.

Improved textures, model, vertex paint, and everything else. Remade it to fit the Brawl theme.








Click that button for rainbows and sunshines!



Quote from: Legacy on April 05, 2013, 09:18:27 PM
Yo

Tower of the Wing Cap v2

Better version of my original Tower of the Wing Cap remake. It was freezing, so I did more than a simple fix.

Improved textures, model, vertex paint, and everything else. Remade it to fit the Brawl theme.








Click that button for rainbows and sunshines!



To all who have downloaded this, I would be VERY grateful if you gave me some feedback on whether or not it freezes.

I need that info before I proceed to any other projects.

Quote from: Legacy on April 10, 2013, 11:53:15 PM
To all who have downloaded this, I would be VERY grateful if you gave me some feedback on whether or not it freezes.

I need that info before I proceed to any other projects.
Rel froze on Delfino Plaza and Rainbow Cruise.


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: Legacy on April 10, 2013, 11:53:15 PM
To all who have downloaded this, I would be VERY grateful if you gave me some feedback on whether or not it freezes.

I need that info before I proceed to any other projects.
Worked great with me. I used it over Jungle Japes.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 11, 2013, 02:13:15 AM #484 Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:00:21 AM by Legacy
Quote from: Lee on April 11, 2013, 01:53:32 AM
Worked great with me. I used it over Jungle Japes.

May I ask if you've tried it over FD and/or Rainbow Cruise? Furthermore, what method did you use to load the hack(riivo, gecko, etc.)?

Quote from: Bakuz (KC) on April 11, 2013, 01:45:21 AM
Rel froze on Delfino Plaza and Rainbow Cruise.

Are you a PAL user?

No and I use Gecko


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

Quote from: Legacy on April 11, 2013, 02:13:15 AM
May I ask if you've tried it over FD and/or Rainbow Cruise? Furthermore, what method did you use to load the hack(riivo, gecko, etc.)?
Just tried it out in both FD and Rainbow Cruise. They both worked successfully, no freezes whatsoever. I used Riivo.

@KC: Maybe you're Wii just dosen't leik youh D:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 11, 2013, 05:58:10 AM #487 Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:02:06 AM by Mobile Wolf
Quote from: Lee on April 11, 2013, 05:43:09 AM
Just tried it out in both FD and Rainbow Cruise. They both worked successfully, no freezes whatsoever. I used Riivo.

@KC: Maybe you're Wii just dosen't leik youh D:

Well, this is a relief. Thanks for the feedback. :D

Regardless, if the stage really has problems with Gecko, I'll still need to fix it.

In the mean time, if anyone else uses gecko and has tried the stage, I'd still appreciate your feedback.

April 11, 2013, 06:00:39 AM #488 Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:21:17 AM by Kage Ryu
Quote from: Mobile Wolf on April 11, 2013, 05:58:10 AM
In the mean time, if anyone else uses gecko and has tried the stage, I'd still appreciate your feedback.
I knew I forgot to slap something on my SD card earlier.

brb, gonna eat a quick dinner and go climb a tower.


[EDIT]
Climbed the tower. Worked over FD no problem. Had several Brawl Minus battles. Used Gecko. NSTC-U. No freezes aside from Samus's Super Missle (which is an Ice Missile in Minus).


April 11, 2013, 01:46:20 PM #489 Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:44:14 PM by Legacy
Quote from: Kage Ryu on April 11, 2013, 06:00:39 AM
I knew I forgot to slap something on my SD card earlier.

brb, gonna eat a quick dinner and go climb a tower.


[EDIT]
Climbed the tower. Worked over FD no problem. Had several Brawl Minus battles. Used Gecko. NSTC-U. No freezes aside from Samus's Super Missle (which is an Ice Missile in Minus).

This is an even greater relief...

It still perplexes me why it freezes for some people...Well, off to do some other stuff. Again, thanks for the feedback. I'll post some updates whenever I get around to them.

Edit: Cleaned up and added a few things to the OP.

I was thinking about why the stage freezes for some people. Might be the filesize, or too many models. Not sure, but it could also be certain character hacks. I never really used hacked characters on my stages, except the new Shadow just recently.

April 13, 2013, 11:46:54 PM #490 Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:56:08 AM by Legacy
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I want to hold a stage contest, perhaps around the beginning of June. More details if/when I get around to it. I'd like a few of you better stagers to at least acknowledge it.

I also had an idea to make a custom Fountain of Dreams stage. Just because.

What's the contest about?

And do tell me more about this custom Fountain of Dreams sir..

April 15, 2013, 12:38:42 PM #492 Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:31:14 PM by LegacyWolf
Quote from: ItalianStallion on April 15, 2013, 05:49:14 AM
What's the contest about?

And do tell me more about this custom Fountain of Dreams sir..

For the contest, just craft a stage(it can be to the best of your abilities, which I don't require but I'd strongly recommend) and submit it to the contest, then a few will judge the submissions. I'll make a thread later on should I decide to carry out the idea.

For the Fountain of Dreams...well, given my difficulty explaining certain details, I may just have to create it anyway. :P

I plan to have the battle take place atop a fountain, of course, with some more realistic yet spectral-colored water. The little fountains would make the outer platforms float, and I would try to find a way to make a third fountain slowly move the upper platform left and right. I would make the terrain just above a lake, with mountains surrounding. There would be a rainbow-ish aurora above the stage as well, and maybe fireworks, just because. I also want to add a colored fog, similar to this.

Note: the stage will not look like that.

Edit: Something about my "Projected" banner was really annoying to me, so I re-did it.


April 19, 2013, 03:30:10 PM #493 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:35:17 PM by Kaaoeyi
Your Tower of Wing Cap (a great stage btw) has refused to work for me so far (both versions). I normally don't have this much trouble with any hacks...I've tried this in Dolphin and it works there...I'm on usb with Neogamma, R8. I've tried ISO injecting it, froze, tried without usb and just dvd, freezes too..I'm pretty sure I've also tried on gecko os..but not riivolution.