Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Meta Knight on hold. Who's next?
Ness
Pit
Wario
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
King Dedede
Mr.Game&Watch
Wolf
Fox
Toon Link

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36
Author Topic: Cinematic Final Smashes - Pokemon Trainer  (Read 167476 times)
Azure_Shadow
Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »

I works like it normally would already... And the problem with that is if the person manages to dodge the attack, The animation would play like Marth did hit something. So adding those Camera effects can still happen even if he hit nothing.
    Ohhhhh.... That makes sense.
    But that can be fixed easily enough. I can fix it, if you want.
    Then again, even doing this in the first place would involve changing the animations and that might be something you don't want to do. If that's the case, don't worry about it. Animation is very difficult to learn (which is the main reason I can't animate). Why should anyone expect you to animate if your talent is something else?
    So if you're not used to animating, or you don't want to do all that work, don't worry about it. Marth's cinematic FS looks awesome enough already. Smiley

Now available in blue.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 02:07:28 PM »

You could just add an If Hitbox has connected then go to the camera zoom effect. And you'll either have to freeze time or increase the hitlag on the FS.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #107 on: August 01, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »

You could just add an If Hitbox has connected then go to the camera zoom effect. And you'll either have to freeze time or increase the hitlag on the FS.

I don't have enough experience with using If Statements and the like... I've dealt with Requirements though...

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: August 01, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »

That's why I was saying I could do it for you. But I don't think Marth needs to have this effect if it's going to make things harder for you.

Now available in blue.

arcray20
    Extreme Kitten

Makoto-chan is my waifu <3

• Awards Donator Hey! Listen! C

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »

As for Link, I couldn't really think of what shots to take. I just took some off the back of my head. Although some people managed to like it, so I'll leave it as is for now. Suggestions would be nice.

oh good, i was thinking on making a suggestion about Link's FS, but i thought it would come off as rude as you had already made a 'cinematic FS' for him and i didnt want to bombard you as you are already booked as it is.

my suggestion to change Link's to be like how it was in the original Brawl trailer:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Nintendo Wii Trailer - E3 Trailer

it could zoom out like that and then i dont know, whatever you want at that point.
    (although that angle was while they were mid-air so it might not work the same if the ground will obstruct the view)

I AM THE TWILIGHT!

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: August 01, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »

KH3D Has eaten up my time... I haven't even worked on Lucario AT ALL Today... Goodbye 1 Per Day Streak... Oh well. I'll work on it tomorrow, and that I will make sure of.

oh good, i was thinking on making a suggestion about Link's FS, but i thought it would come off as rude as you had already made a 'cinematic FS' for him and i didnt want to bombard you as you are already booked as it is.

my suggestion to change Link's to be like how it was in the original Brawl trailer:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Nintendo Wii Trailer - E3 Trailer

it could zoom out like that and then i dont know, whatever you want at that point.
    (although that angle was while they were mid-air so it might not work the same if the ground will obstruct the view)

I could actually do something like that, however, he dashes so fast, it's not even maybe half a second. So I don't think it's worth having to do it.

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #111 on: August 02, 2012, 03:00:55 AM »

Holymoly bro. Both of those are beautiful. Seeing how no one else is requesting.

can you do one for princess peach? or somehow make it more cinematic? she is mah favorite =3 As if no one could tell.
    Holymoly bro. Both of those are beautiful. Seeing how no one else is requesting.

can you do one for princess peach? or somehow make it more cinematic? she is mah favorite =3 As if no one could tell.
    yeah i agree it would make final smash alot more interesting.

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Swift Red
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: August 02, 2012, 03:10:03 AM »

Just a thought for lucario, not sure if it is possible or not. Can you have the final smash happen from lucario's point of view? Like a top down view and the camera follows the direction of the beam. (left and right) Would be amazing to see something like this.

~Swift Red

Tyshy
    Lol Kitten

Super Smash Sisters Creator

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #113 on: August 02, 2012, 03:37:56 AM »

Just a thought for lucario, not sure if it is possible or not. Can you have the final smash happen from lucario's point of view? Like a top down view and the camera follows the direction of the beam. (left and right) Would be amazing to see something like this.
    i agree

Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: August 02, 2012, 03:51:30 AM »

i agree also Shocked

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #115 on: August 02, 2012, 07:45:19 AM »

I can Have an over the top view. But my concern is if the camera follows the rotation or not. If not, I could just zoom it out.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: August 02, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »

Personally. I think something more in reference to Dragon Ball Z would be more fitting for Lucario in terms of cinematics, but that's just me.

Top-Down view of the beam while matching the rotation doesn't seem like a good idea to me honestly. Unless you intend on playing alone. Otherwise it's kinda unfair for the other players. Plus, it would be very disorienting for them.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #117 on: August 02, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »

I think it should start as a close up when he starts, then the camera looks up at Lucario when he's rising. The camera is still looking up at Lucario while he's charging his beam. Then it switches to a zoomed out birds-eye view of Lucario firing his beam.

Or have the camera behind Lucario when he's firing his beam. But still at the birds-eye view.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: August 02, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »

Personally. I think something more in reference to Dragon Ball Z would be more fitting for Lucario in terms of cinematics, but that's just me.

Top-Down view of the beam while matching the rotation doesn't seem like a good idea to me honestly. Unless you intend on playing alone. Otherwise it's kinda unfair for the other players. Plus, it would be very disorienting for them.

I originally intended to have the normal camera when he fires, but the idea of a Bird Eye view sounded good to me. Now that I look at it, I kinda agree.

I'm just about done working on the Final Smash. But before I even release it, I want to know if I should go with the Bird Eye view, or normal camera when he shoots his LAZOR. Shall I make a poll? If so then expect release tomorrow.
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:01:37 AM by Kuro Neko XIII » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: August 02, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »

if u make a poll i'd vote for normal view, since i totally agree with velen, it'll be almost impossible to dodge

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 36
    Print
    Jump to: