Cinematic Final Smashes - Pokemon Trainer

Started by ABloodyCanadian, July 30, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Meta Knight on hold. Who's next?

Ness
Pit
Wario
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
King Dedede
Mr.Game&Watch
Wolf
Fox
Toon Link
Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 19, 2012, 06:18:59 PM
My apologies... and yeah, it was probably your original avatar.

Actually I had another one before that. It was a Black Cat with a XIII on it.

Finally had a chance to try it in game, and let me tell ya how beautiful they really are man.

Love Link's specially.

It's too bad for 3 or even 4 player matches though.

=x

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 19, 2012, 08:30:53 PM
Finally had a chance to try it in game, and let me tell ya how beautiful they really are man.

Love Link's specially.

It's too bad for 3 or even 4 player matches though.

=x
Also they don't work properly while facing left. The camera focuses as if it were facing right. There's not much that can be done about it though. Other than making an if statement for facing either left or right each with it's own code.

So yeah.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 19, 2012, 09:49:05 PM
Also they don't work properly while facing left. The camera focuses as if it were facing right. There's not much that can be done about it though. Other than making an if statement for facing either left or right each with it's own code.

So yeah.

Ya know what? Imma gonna try using If Statements on the next winner of the poll. And if that's successful, I'll update the previous files.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on August 19, 2012, 11:08:38 PM
Ya know what? Imma gonna try using If Statements on the next winner of the poll. And if that's successful, I'll update the previous files.
that'd be awesome!

0_O That WOULD be awesome.
Hey, I'm back, and I have an update. My insertion of a new model file for Sonic's GFX was semi-successful; Brawl recognizes that I have a new GFX model, but it doesn't have it in the same place as I thought it would be. So I'll be experimenting a bit more and testing to see if it 'rearranged' the External GFX and if it has any discernable effect on Sonic's moves (I tried it in-game and didn't see anything unusual yet). Hopefully I'll have it done before the week is out, but you know what it's like when you're learning something totally new...
Good thing that learning this stuff is fun! :)
Now available in blue.

So I have this idea about the camera zoomed in in front, then zooms out as the Lazer is fired. Again, people wouldn't be able to see where they are going so I'll probably make 2 versions with the other being a normal camera view right when the lazer is fired.

EDIT: I tried the use of If Statements and it was a success!!! I'll update the older files after I'm done with Samus. I need a new idea for her cause her laser is just a flat oval thing... I was hoping that the screen would white out with the laser but that plan failed. Maybe I could use the screen tint but I've failed using that before... Anyone wanna help me with getting a white color?

Well, P:M Ike's Quick Draw crit tints the screen red. So I'm sure it's possible to make it white.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 21, 2012, 06:02:23 PM
Well, P:M Ike's Quick Draw crit tints the screen red. So I'm sure it's possible to make it white.

Well how am I supposed to make white with Red Blue and Green?

Set Red, Blue and Green to 0. Or high (and equal) numbers like 255; it depends on if they're additive or subtractive.
Now available in blue.


Quote from: jokekid on August 21, 2012, 07:26:02 PM
probably 255 255 255, since normally 0 0 0 is black

In Hexadecimal 255 is FF (They were all values which are usually in Hexadecimal). I tried it, but it turns to something similar to yellow. But using 255 actually did make it white. Just need to make sure it can White out the whole screen (Or close to it). There are a few Unidentified Values I'm messing with.


Quote from: mr.mugenwii on August 21, 2012, 09:24:25 PM
MvC type of final smash?

No. I want the whole screen to white out cause I found that the laser would only take up half the screen if I place the camera in the direct center of it.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 21, 2012, 06:02:23 PM
Well, P:M Ike's Quick Draw crit tints the screen red. So I'm sure it's possible to make it white.

Kid Buu's Final Smash tints the screen white at the end:

http://youtu.be/GEJhE1rNgsI?t=4m28s  

@ 4:28 *Cough*Excuse the commentary, you may want to lower your volume...

So yes it's definitely possible.  Just have high and equal amounts of red, green and blue.  If you want the screen to be pure white, have a ton of alpha as well.