A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
See, what I was suggesting is that you slightly extend the time frame during which the third jab can be used, thus preventing the jab reset from creating a true combo.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

If I set it any farther back though, the game might not read it, making the player not do the 3rd Jab. For some reason, the Variable will not be read after a certain period of time.

That... just plain sucks. Seriously, how irritating is that? It would be the easiest fix, too, to make it so that they have to wait just a little longer before they can use the first jab hit again...

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

I could trim down the animation, but not all animations look good trimmed down.

What do you mean, "trim down"? I'm not sure that would help. The issue is that they can go back into the first jab too quickly. So either you need to directly increase the endlag of the second jab (so that it can't combo into the first, but hopefully can still be interrupted by the third), or move the hits of the second jab earlier into the animation.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Now that I think about it, there are 2 variables. I could try to bring the 2nd one a bit back. But idk if it has the same effect as the 1st. By doing that, you could go into the 3rd Jab if pressed a bit later...

Still, I think the animation in the 1st one is a bit odd, and I'm not that much proud of it looking at it now. Which was why I made a new one.

Yeah, that's the idea. Make the third jab window longer, thus making the A>AA>A>AA combo impossible, because either the timing is too early and you go into the third jab, or it's too late and you reset the combo.

Yeah, the first jab is a little off since she does it on only one foot, but at the same time it looks better to me than the new one does, and it works better in terms of overall utility. That plus, the new jab doesn't register a combo, from what I can see.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Machine Gun from the old one doesn't register a combo. This new one does most of the time.

Huh, you're right, so it doesn't. I'd never noticed... That means that the third jab from it does 11-17 hits by itself! That's a lot!

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."


Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on August 27, 2013, 10:27:22 PM
But then again, Brawl + Combos don't work so... eh...
Training's combo broke the day I used hacks xD
And with your GSS, well... I don't even wanna tell you :laugh:
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

August 28, 2013, 05:00:25 AM #536 Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:35:25 PM by JamietheAuraUser
Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on August 27, 2013, 10:27:22 PM
But then again, Brawl + Combos don't work so... eh...
My current beta of Kari the Lucario begs to differ. Give her a foe with sufficient damage (around 50-65%) and a wall, and she can jab combo > Neutral Aerial for a 4 hit combo. Or, with proper timing she can make jab > jab > Up Tilt into a 4 hit combo. Granted, it's only 4 hits, but still.

Edit: Actually, she can hit you with a nine hit wall combo via jab x3 > jump > Neutral Special. Of course, that's because aerial Neutral Special deals 6 hits by itself...

And at least with GSS's jab combo, the second jab ends with the foe in the air, and the third jab is quick enough that they can't air-dodge.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."


New one... Though, the old one wasn't bad at all, I think I like this new one...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Oh my god that Shiki, OH MY GAWD THAT SHIKI!! I must try it out once its complete! Or released! Whatever I WANT it in my roster!! Kudos!