Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 444322 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #345 on: January 21, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »

looks pretty cool, i think i might get a bit dizzy if i'd play it for too long though xD

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #346 on: January 21, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »

More than an older version, it's more like a parallel version. After all, it's not just the colorless glitchy version it was once, but an improved version made from the old one. Of course it doesn't have as many features as the new one, cause the step from old to parallel was made in one day. But still, it's decent. Be sure you're updating the water model with the one in the 'competitive' version of Great Bay posted not long ago in the vault, I made a fix in that one that's noticeable when you get a Smash Ball, but it's not present in the original stage yet.

For the textures for the giants, maybe you're using a wrong texture type or something. Looks like it's loading the wrong texture, so the name may be wrong or the texture may be missing. Also, they look too dark, be sure they're using the proper lighting node.

Now, what I came here for, new stage preview:

[SSBB hack] - Windmill Hut (Ocarina of Time) [First preview]
    Fun stage! When do you think you'll release this... Circus-ish stage Cheesy

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #347 on: January 22, 2014, 12:20:16 PM »

That's what is weird about using a green and purple color scheme.  When something is green, it's because it's just green hahaha.  I do feel that my placement of the green bricks should feel more structured though, that they're placed where they are on purpose, rather than just placed there to break things up.

Last night I was playing around with the engine again, trying to figure out how to get the stage to be playable in game. 

A problem that i'm running into with the game is that when I complete a match the game crashes.  If I revert my collision back to Final Destination Collision then it's fine and I don't understand why.

Is this a common problem?  Is there a "rookie mistake" with collision issues that cause crashing problems commonly?

Either way, this is probably my last update for a week or so.  I'm going to Florida with the girlfriend for a week starting today.  Probably won't be working on my stage at all while on my trip.
    Looking forward to this. Can't wait to fill it up with music from RPGs. Oh yes.

Will you be making a bigger version for vBrawl?

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #348 on: January 22, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »

[Windmill]
    Brilliant, but dizzying!

Click for my stuff:

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #349 on: January 24, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »

Now, what I came here for, new stage preview:

[SSBB hack] - Windmill Hut (Ocarina of Time) [First preview]
    I love it, but a few things I would do with it:
    1) Add the music-man. He's gotta be there.
    2) Maybe create a custom song for the stage where the song starts of standard speed, then speeds up, and when it speeds up, it starts raining in the stage and spinning faster. (and if you add the music-man, show him turn angry)
    3) I notice they bounced off the ceiling, but they can be knocked through the wall. If they can be knocked through either, they should be able to knocked through both. Obviously you need some way to be taken out of the stage, but it should be consistent.
    4) Slow down the spinning, this stage will give people the dizzies.
    5) Are the side platforms land-able when you spin past them? If not and if that's possible, do it.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2014, 05:36:28 AM »

I had not thought about a speeding-up version, but it may be interesting to do. About the rest of things:

- The music man will be there. I stated my wish of getting him in there in the video descryption in youtube.
    - The current collisions are just WIP. My plan, at least for one version, is that the only way to die is being thrown into the gap in the wall, which is only there twice for each spin, once on each side. I'd probably make another version with no ceiling and no walls.
    - I'll probably slow down the spinning, I'll test carefully to see at what point it's slow enough to not give people the dizzies. I may make a non-moving version for those who still get too dizzy anyway.
    - The idea with the platforms is that they're land-able for a second, just when they're there. That's still to be made.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

moneyscheme94
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #351 on: January 27, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »

My suggestion for the windmill hut, although it didnt do this in the original game, would be to have the windmill spin at a moderate spped. Then, maybe every minute or more, or even less, have it stop to where the two side platforms are on screen and can be stood and fought on. This would give the stage some versatility and make it fun too. Also, while the stage is spinning, there could be no way to die, giving players a chance to accumulate damage. Then, when the spinning stops again, players can be killed from either the entrace to Dampe's grave, and you could even throw your own twist on the age by adding another doorway on the otherside where players can be killed. I don't know how you feel about this idea, or how difficult it would be to implement. I know nothing about stage hacking, just a suggestion  Smiley

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »

I like it. I don't want to add a new doorway though, but the idea of stopping and having different ways to play during the match is interesting. I'll try that as an alternate version Wink

By the way, I've just released my Prime Cup stage. I've included a version with 2 platforms, but both platformed and regular versions are walkoff stages.

[Project M 3.0] - Mewtwo2000 (Mewtwo) Vs Tase (ROB) [Prime Cup Hall]

Stage shadows tutorial

moneyscheme94
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #353 on: January 27, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »

I like it. I don't want to add a new doorway though, but the idea of stopping and having different ways to play during the match is interesting. I'll try that as an alternate version Wink

By the way, I've just released my Prime Cup stage. I've included a version with 2 platforms, but both platformed and regular versions are walkoff stages.
    [Project M 3.0] - Mewtwo2000 (Mewtwo) Vs Tase (ROB) [Prime Cup Hall]

That's really cool. If possible, is there anyway you could make a non-walk-off version? And how's progress coming along on those series of other OoT stages you were working on(gerudo valley, fire temple, dodongo cavern, etc.) if you dont mind me asking?
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:49:34 PM by moneyscheme94 » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2014, 05:01:37 PM »

Yeah, I'll make a non-walkoff version. In fact it was in my plans at first, and the current model even has parts that can be disabled for that, but when I tested it I thought it didn't look very well and discarded it. Now people are asking for a possible non-walkoff version, I'll try it again, I'll add some extra element to make it look a little better and will include the result in the current download folder as soon as I can. Maybe it's done by tomorrow.

The OoT stages are coming along fine, I may make some new video showing any of them one of these days.

Stage shadows tutorial

moneyscheme94
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #355 on: January 27, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »

Yeah, I'll make a non-walkoff version. In fact it was in my plans at first, and the current model even has parts that can be disabled for that, but when I tested it I thought it didn't look very well and discarded it. Now people are asking for a possible non-walkoff version, I'll try it again, I'll add some extra element to make it look a little better and will include the result in the current download folder as soon as I can. Maybe it's done by tomorrow.

The OoT stages are coming along fine, I may make some new video showing any of them one of these days.

Excellent, really big fan of all of your work man, wish I knew how to do the things you do or where to even begin learning lol. Is there anything you can point me to?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #356 on: January 27, 2014, 07:29:33 PM »

Brawlbox is almost everything. If you understand brawlbox and how stages are structured in brawlbox, it's only a matter of knowing what you want to do and getting the models you need from somewhere, either brawl, other wii games, or elsewhere through model imports.

In the tutorials section, I guess there's some info about stages.

Stage shadows tutorial

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• Awards Former PMDT Tutorial Writer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #357 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:12 AM »

Yea, you're insane man.

Would it be possible to have it so that if the player is on the ground along the wall when those pegs come by it kills them?  That'd be an interesting gimick.

Anyhow... HI GUYS

I got home, had a fantastic vacation, jumped back into my project today.

I worked on putting some serious effort into the background of the scene. The blue boxes on the left are placeholder for a small town that's going in there.  I still need to make another small lighthouse that goes behind those blue houses as well.

Sky color and such is all placeholder as well.

New assets from today:
    Sand Path
    Dirt Path
    Cliffs along islands into water
    "Mountains"
    Water
    Clouds
    BlueTown

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #358 on: January 28, 2014, 02:02:43 AM »

looking really good.
    not much else to say about it that i haven't already said before...

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #359 on: January 28, 2014, 02:44:57 AM »

@_@

ok i love what i just saw.. i need another pair of pants now...

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: