Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60
Author Topic: Stage Workshop  (Read 444339 times)
LlamaJuice
Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• Awards Former PMDT Tutorial Writer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #330 on: January 14, 2014, 10:40:55 AM »

Haha thanks @Peardian, I recently went through this entire thread to see what else people have done, try to learn the community a bit.  You're the Bowser's Keep guy, right?  Your comments mean a lot with a stage like that under your belt Tongue  Thanks bro

Mr. AI | Sluigi123
    Expert Kitten

顔へのフーズボール!

• Awards Favorite'd Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #331 on: January 14, 2014, 04:01:01 PM »

Wish I have 3DS Max right now...

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUuuuuuu...! Oh shi~

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #332 on: January 14, 2014, 04:12:02 PM »

Haven't played Golden Sun, but that map is super sexy. Glad to have you here., Llama.
    Agreed i really can't wait to see the final product of this stage it won't disappoint

Looks awesome so far! I'm glad to see there is someone else making stages as ambitious as mine and with the same attention to detail. Cheesy
    After reading your comment i saw your vault out of curiosity i'm thoroughly impressed
    For both of you two:
    Been forever since i could use it XD 

Wish I have 3DS Max right now...

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUuuuuuu...! Oh shi~
    I believe you can get it for free if you're a student and use it for "educational" purposes

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #333 on: January 15, 2014, 02:55:53 AM »

I didn't get to work on it at all Monday night, so today is just a small update.

I worked on creating textures for the "center fight path" and for the stairs.  I wanted to make a path that ran along the ground where the players are actually fighting to help separate that part of the stage from the non-playable bits.

Creating that Golden Sun: Lost Age logo took way too long. (and yes I know that mine is damaged differently than the original one, I don't care hahaha)

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #334 on: January 15, 2014, 05:11:37 PM »

The texturing looks great so far! Only thing I'd bring up about it is the line along the center where the mirrored tile texture meets up, but I'm sure you already know about it.

Also, judging by the references, it looks like there are suppposed to be one of those pyramid blocks at the top of the staircases. Are you leaving them out on purpose, or is that an oversight?

Click for my stuff:

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #335 on: January 15, 2014, 05:53:46 PM »

Right now that center line is mirrored, but I'm planning on just re-UVing that platform after I do my last mirror task so that I don't run into that mirrored effect at all.  Right now it doesn't make sense to fix that as my workflow has me just re-mirror the platform whenever I want to take a picture to show you guys.

Also, the pyramid that's at the top of the stairs is stupid, so I didn't want it there.  I'm pulling reference from a few of the lighthouses in the game, (The main shape of this lighthouse is actually the Jupiter lighthouse from Golden Sun 2, but I'm using the Venus lighthouse color scheme and world placement and themes....)  It's not a perfect copy of any one lighthouse, and so that lets me kinda pick reference from any of them and add additional stuff to it that makes it more visually interesting.

Thanks again everyone for the super positive feedback, you guys rock.

Post Merge: January 16, 2014, 02:43:15 AM
    Added trim around nearly everything, added a few small decorative touches.  Made the carpets droop off the sides of the platform, as I couldn't figure out any other way to make them look decent.

The only textures remaining in the foreground currently are the door/door frame and the hole between the statue ladies.  I'm pretty excited.

My first attempt at making the carpet.  I made it have circle endcaps to it with the idea that it'd make them get closer to my ledges.  Eventually I decided on having them droop off the sides instead.
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:43:15 AM by LlamaJuice » Logged

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #336 on: January 18, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »

t-t-t-t-riple post.

I'm not sure if I like it.

I want to break up the MOUNTAIN OF PURPLE... and so I made a bunch of bricks, made them green (not sure if I even have the right green yet) and placed them throughout the stage.  I think I like it, but I'm unsure haha.  Feedback?

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #337 on: January 18, 2014, 11:57:48 AM »

I think the green does break it up nicely, but I think it needs to be more organic? Rather than the bricks just being green, I think it would look cool if they were green due to them being, like, grimy or dirty. Maybe have the purple ones look a little worn, too.

LlamaJuice
    Expert Kitten

Be your own rockstar.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #338 on: January 19, 2014, 08:45:51 AM »

That's what is weird about using a green and purple color scheme.  When something is green, it's because it's just green hahaha.  I do feel that my placement of the green bricks should feel more structured though, that they're placed where they are on purpose, rather than just placed there to break things up.

Last night I was playing around with the engine again, trying to figure out how to get the stage to be playable in game. 

Super Smash Bros Project M custom stage: Golden Sun Lighthouse (WIP Test 1)

A problem that i'm running into with the game is that when I complete a match the game crashes.  If I revert my collision back to Final Destination Collision then it's fine and I don't understand why.

Is this a common problem?  Is there a "rookie mistake" with collision issues that cause crashing problems commonly?

Either way, this is probably my last update for a week or so.  I'm going to Florida with the girlfriend for a week starting today.  Probably won't be working on my stage at all while on my trip.

Peardian
    Extreme Kitten

something

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #339 on: January 19, 2014, 11:12:04 AM »

Nice so far! The green contrasts with the purple a bit too much to be used as a subtle detail. I'd use darker/lighter purple instead. Also, maybe you could use green for a dovetail on the corners?

Click for my stuff:

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #340 on: January 19, 2014, 11:16:34 AM »

looking great, the FD background even gives it a spooky feel xD

anyway i kind of agree with peardian on the purple-green thing, it seems like a bit too much of a contrast...

i'd suggest a less saturated or darker tone of purple instead of green

Bad Box Art Mega Man
    Keeper of the Gaming Universe
    Holy Kitten

What you call hacks, I call DLC.

• Awards Featured Pin Collector Heart Container PC Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #341 on: January 20, 2014, 10:14:26 AM »

I'm currently working on Great Bay using an older version of it as a base, and importing things that DSX8 updated from his free public version.

Here are 3 pictures.

l made the Moon bigger and now it blends in with the fog similar to Melee.

The Four Giants appearing to stop the Moon. I don't have them animated other than slowly moving upward to where they are now. I'd appreciate that someone with animating can animate them like in Melee when they stop the Moon and walk away.

I also need to fix their texture issue. I have no idea how to do that, so if someone can help, please do. Smiley

I have other things I need to do like adding in a few seagulls and needing the Turtle animated. DSX8 had an animated Turtle in the newest version, but importing that one into the one I'm making doesn't work and redoing the animations is tedious. Oh well. That can be last.

make sure there's a swimmable version, even if it does have CPU problems

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #342 on: January 20, 2014, 04:33:33 PM »

I'm currently working on Great Bay using an older version of it as a base, and importing things that DSX8 updated from his free public version.

Here are 3 pictures.

l made the Moon bigger and now it blends in with the fog similar to Melee.

The Four Giants appearing to stop the Moon. I don't have them animated other than slowly moving upward to where they are now. I'd appreciate that someone with animating can animate them like in Melee when they stop the Moon and walk away.

I also need to fix their texture issue. I have no idea how to do that, so if someone can help, please do. Smiley

I have other things I need to do like adding in a few seagulls and needing the Turtle animated. DSX8 had an animated Turtle in the newest version, but importing that one into the one I'm making doesn't work and redoing the animations is tedious. Oh well. That can be last.
    question... y would u use the old version as a base when the newer 1 is about that same scale size as the melee version and looks more better than the old version? ._.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #343 on: January 20, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »

the giants were fine in the version i have, so just use those o.o

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #344 on: January 21, 2014, 06:38:21 AM »

More than an older version, it's more like a parallel version. After all, it's not just the colorless glitchy version it was once, but an improved version made from the old one. Of course it doesn't have as many features as the new one, cause the step from old to parallel was made in one day. But still, it's decent. Be sure you're updating the water model with the one in the 'competitive' version of Great Bay posted not long ago in the vault, I made a fix in that one that's noticeable when you get a Smash Ball, but it's not present in the original stage yet.

For the textures for the giants, maybe you're using a wrong texture type or something. Looks like it's loading the wrong texture, so the name may be wrong or the texture may be missing. Also, they look too dark, be sure they're using the proper lighting node.

Now, what I came here for, new stage preview:

[SSBB hack] - Windmill Hut (Ocarina of Time) [First preview]

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60
    Print
    Jump to: