Question: You say goodbye and I say...
Hello - 15 (36.6%)
Goodbye - 4 (9.8%)
Who are you? - 3 (7.3%)
u wot m8? - 12 (29.3%)
cya nerds! - 7 (17.1%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages:  1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 85
Author Topic: Large Leader's PSA's™: Closing!  (Read 354024 times)
Large Leader
I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1110 on: November 11, 2014, 09:30:36 AM »

i'm assuming you'll make a custom ganon or something for the FS, i'm dissapointed it wont be a transformation FS though, specially since it is OoT after all, and ganon was the most epic boss of all...

Having a transform  FS would probably be smarter in the long run. But seeing as it's on Lucario and not Wario/Bowser, I opted for a different Final Smash.

Remember, I haven't shown EVERYTHING that I plan to do for the moveset. So hang on tight for more info!

Regarding more info...

Ganondorf needs about 4 more animations so that all his animations aside from FS and Extra Misc animations are completed. I'll be using all his misc and wait animations from vBrawl along with a bunch of vBrawl animations.

FS will have 4 or 5 animations (the 4th is when you miss, and the 5th is when you hit with it).

He'll have about 5 Extra Misc animations.

Then, all that'll be left is coding everything.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:35:59 AM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf » Logged

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1111 on: November 11, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »

Artistic Freedom.

It's a huge factor. Take Captain Falcon for example lol
    At that point it's not "OoT Ganondorf" anymore though. Putting the OoT on it implies it's based directly on it. A good final smash would be either a controllable Ganon transformation or his energy ball assault. Or rushing through on his horse. The dragon is just completely unrelated to him. Other than that it all looks great, it's just that the dragon is completely out . Captain Falcon's artistic freedom stemmed from him having no out-of-vehicle animations to work with. Ganondorf has plenty to work with.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:52:44 AM by Riddler » Logged

Large Leader

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1112 on: November 11, 2014, 12:52:35 PM »

At that point it's not "OoT Ganondorf" anymore though. Putting the OoT on it implies it's based directly on it. A good final smash would be either a controllable Ganon transformation or his energy ball assault. Or rushing through on his horse. The dragon is just completely unrelated to him. Other than that it all looks great, it's just that the dragon is completely out . Captain Falcon's artistic freedom stemmed from him having no out-of-vehicle animations to work with. Ganondorf has plenty to work with.

I'm panning to include everything you've listed (Beast Ganon, Energy Ball assault which I'm assuming is that beam thing he does, and riding his horse) . But even with that, I need to come up with moves to cover up the holes in this moveset.

If you have a problem with it, you're more than welcome to edit it after I release it to fit to your liking. You could remove the dragons from both Gerudo Dragon and the FS, add a couple of gfx and you're golden.

But that's not what I want to do. I want my OoT Ganon to have flair. Not just "Oh, he used magic, ok". I want to hear "Holy [censored] where did that come from?"

Here's a list from the Zelda Wiki outlining the attacks used by Ganondorf:

Energy balls - included
    Shock wave punches - included
    Spread energy balls - included

Other things he's done:

Reflect stuff with his cape - included
    turns into Beast Ganon - included
    Rides a horse - included
    Fly around - included

Honestly, that's about it. What do you want me to do? Include him playing an Organ so it's more "OoT Authentic"?
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:01:30 PM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf » Logged

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Mortimer
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1113 on: November 11, 2014, 01:55:58 PM »

Hey, by the way, being a bit off-topic, I hope I didn't disencourage you of doing what you wanted to do. You should just know you will have some headaches. And if you are unlucky it will probably shorten your lifespan in some weeks.  Evil
    Kidding. But will grant you white hair sooner.

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1114 on: November 11, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »

Hey, by the way, being a bit off-topic, I hope I didn't disencourage you of doing what you wanted to do. You should just know you will have some headaches. And if you are unlucky it will probably shorten your lifespan in some weeks.  Evil
    Kidding. But will grant you white hair sooner.

Don't worry, I already have white hair. I think I look pretty good with it.

O snap

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1115 on: November 11, 2014, 02:15:01 PM »

Honestly, that's about it. What do you want me to do? Include him playing an Organ so it's more "OoT Authentic"?
    That needs to be a victory animation!

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1116 on: November 11, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »

That needs to be a victory animation!

If I could, I would. Although I think the two dragon GFX's might take up a bunch of space.

O snap

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1117 on: November 11, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »

I'm panning to include everything you've listed (Beast Ganon, Energy Ball assault which I'm assuming is that beam thing he does, and riding his horse) . But even with that, I need to come up with moves to cover up the holes in this moveset.

If you have a problem with it, you're more than welcome to edit it after I release it to fit to your liking. You could remove the dragons from both Gerudo Dragon and the FS, add a couple of gfx and you're golden.

But that's not what I want to do. I want my OoT Ganon to have flair. Not just "Oh, he used magic, ok". I want to hear "Holy [censored] where did that come from?"

Here's a list from the Zelda Wiki outlining the attacks used by Ganondorf:

Energy balls - included
    Shock wave punches - included
    Spread energy balls - included

Other things he's done:

Reflect stuff with his cape - included
    turns into Beast Ganon - included
    Rides a horse - included
    Fly around - included

I hope you're not taking offense to this criticism. The hack as a whole is looking good, but the authenticity is killed with the random dragon.

There are plenty of things you can do to add flair without adding things that are completely irrelevant.

My opinions:
    The final smash should probably be Beast Ganon, since that's his last resort in the game.
    Neutral B: Energy Ball. Big damage, slower speed than side-b.
    Side B: 5x Homing Energy Balls- Consider Samus' homing missile as inspiration. Easy to dodge, but unblockable. Less damage than energy ball.
    Up-B: Levitate. Self-explanitory. Probably no damage but great recovery.
    Down-B: Ground-punch. massive shockwave AOE damage and/or stun effect

Alternately: Neutral B: Energyball/Homing Energyball. As you charge it, input a direction to determine whether it's a regular ball or the 5x spread, giving Ganondorf ways to play mindgames.
    Side B: Horse-Dash, similar to Wario's motorcycle.

Grab: If possible, encase them in a crystal like he would to Zelda.

A attacks can all be different punches, kicks, and sword attacks.

Post Merge: November 11, 2014, 03:14:30 PM
    Further Alternately: The ground-punch can be his down smash, with big startup lag, with Down-B as your cape reflect.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:14:30 PM by Riddler » Logged

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1118 on: November 11, 2014, 03:15:42 PM »

I hope you're not taking offense to this criticism. The hack as a whole is looking good, but the authenticity is killed with the random dragon.

There are plenty of things you can do to add flair without adding things that are completely irrelevant.

The only way I won't include the dragons is if they interfere with the inclusion of other, more vital gfx/code. Otherwise they're in. Like I said before, I have no problem with it if someone takes them out and replaces them with darkness GFX or something. I just won't be doing it, if file space allows.

My opinions:
    The final smash should probably be Beast Ganon, since that's his last resort in the game.

I'm not going to comment on this for now. Not because "2r00d4me" or anything. I just don't want to comment on this for now. Plans might change as I start to compile the whole moveset together inside FitLucario.pac

B: Energy Ball. Big damage, slower speed than side-b.
    Side B: 5x Homing Energy Balls - Consider Samus' homing missile as inspiration. Easy to dodge, but unblockable. Less damage than energy ball.
    Up-B: Levitate
    Down-B: Ground-punch, massive shockwave AOE damage and/or stun effect

Everything you've listed is already included in the moveset. The only difference being that the Side B isn't possible to replicate as you might want it to be. So the Side B will be Gerudo Dragon and I'll move the homing energy beam/balls to somewhere else. I might decide to just have the shadow of a dragon show up, instead of it coming out to hit once or twice. But again, it all depends on the amount of space I have left.

Alternately: Neutral B: Energyball/Homing Energyball. As you charge it, input a direction to determine whether it's a regular ball or the 5x spread, giving Ganondorf ways to play mindgames.

Ganondorf is already going to require a hell of a lot of file space. As much as I would love to include that for mind games, I just can't.

Side B: Horse-Dash, similar to Wario's motorcycle.

This will be his entry animation.

Grab: If possible, encase them in a crystal like he would to Zelda.

It should be possible, but might bloat file size. But for now, he's using his VBrawl grab and throw animations

A attacks can all be different punches, kicks, and sword attacks.

Already done

As you can tell, there's a lot I've just revealed that I wanted to keep hidden. But, oh well.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:20:22 PM by Great King of Evil - Ganondorf » Logged

O snap

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1119 on: November 11, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »

It doesn't always have to be canon. Just mainly fitting for the character. I do feel if Ganondorf could summon a Dragon, then he would. If we have to only use canon resources, then the majority of say, Pokemon movesets would be cluttered and/or limited. Not to mention, Thunder Jolt, Aura Storm, and Puff Up aren't real Pokemon moves. OoT Ganondorf is a sorcerer, so I feel he should make his moveset to reflect that. Not to mention in Twilight Princess, Ganondorf's magic allowed Zant to bring the Dragon, Stallord back to life as an undead skeleton.
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:23:44 PM by xXKingxXxJigglyxXxPuffXx » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1120 on: November 11, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »

Don't call it "OoT Ganondorf" then, because it's misleading, and anyone who goes to download it will be confused.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1121 on: November 11, 2014, 03:30:43 PM »

You're kinda overlooking things, Riddler. It's just two moves. Everything else is going to reflect his canon abilities. I don't see what the fuss is about. I mean, I can understand your concern if he made the dragon thing a gimmick, but it's only for two moves, so I think he's fine.

Not to mention, things are listed as WIP for a reason. He could possibly scrap the dragon thing all together. Also, his poll has the majority of voters picking the dragon option, so I'm not sure why you care so much. But hey, you can't please everyone.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Large Leader

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1122 on: November 11, 2014, 03:32:59 PM »

You're kinda overlooking things, Riddler. It's just two moves. Everything else is going to reflect his canon abilities. I don't see what the fuss is about. I mean, I can understand your concern if he made the dragon thing a gimmick, but it's only for two moves, so I think he's fine.

Not to mention, things are listed as WIP for a reason. He could possibly scrap the dragon thing all together. Also, his poll has the majority of voters picking the dragon option, so I'm not sure why you care so much. But hey, you can't please everyone.

Haven't you heard?

Everyone wants the Dragons.

O snap

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1123 on: November 11, 2014, 03:38:51 PM »

I care because if this is going into the vault as "OoT" Ganondorf, it should reflect what he can actually do and represent the character accurately in anything he's not canonically able to do, otherwise the name is misleading. Minus the weird names in his Smash Bros. moves, Ganondorf has literally nothing to do with dragons. Zant/Stallord may be an argument, but not only is it a huge stretch, it's TP, not OoT. I'm sorry that I don't blindly support things and that constructive criticism is such a bad thing (seems to be a trend at this site). Artistic freedom is fine when you don't have anything to work with, but if you DO have source material, you should work with it. Ganondorf has so much potential without having to invent things.

As for the "it's just two moves" argument: Special moves define a character, and as of Brawl, Final Smashes REALLY define a character. That's why it's important.

I don't mind if he includes it, I just don't like the misleading name. It's not an accurate portrayal.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1124 on: November 11, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

when you give constructive criticism, you should also accept the other person not following it.

Pages:  1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 85
    Print
    Jump to: