Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1612891 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5745 on: December 05, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »

I got a question for people with dolphin that use FoD.

Does it look like this for you?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGDHgWdkug" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuGDHgWdkug</a>

There seems to be a problem with the columns O.o

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5746 on: December 05, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »

hey i noticed i can see the joints between polygons in that banjo screen... on the floor i mean...

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5747 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »

Ya know, i was thinking, maybe for now you could remake FD64 with just the first bg with the shooting stars. that would make it better until the whole bg can get done.

I'm back after a long while.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #5748 on: December 06, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »

Yes, but there are a few thingies I want to make before with other stages ^^U

hey i noticed i can see the joints between polygons in that banjo screen... on the floor i mean...

How to explain this? Let's see, textures are smooth in the models I use, and part of the other side of the texture is seen in the border if I don't edit the UV points. The thing is, I built the stage before I invented UV Tool, with which I reducted that problem with my newer stages, like Peach's Castle. But, as logical, I've not fixed it yet for Grunty's top or Grunty's Lair. When I fix them those will be better for sure. Maybe not perfect, but sure better.

Stage shadows tutorial

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5749 on: December 06, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »

Been gone for a week. Great job on Ganon's Castle. Can't wait for the animated castle, and eventually Ganon's Castle Siege... but that's probably a discussion for another day. So what's next on your agenda?

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    NNID: Allav866

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #5750 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:57 PM »

Fixing/finishing some of my stages, like Mushroom64, Temple of Time, Ganondorf's Tower, the Banjo ones...

By the way, I've updated Fountain of Dreams with small fixes related to the brightness of the tree and garbages. It should fix the issue in Dolphin I showed in that video (still untested though). And, I've added the necessary things to RESIZE the stage. Some people found it too small in the past. You can go and try the 120% size, suggest new sizes or even build your personal ones by just changing a few numbers in the file :3

Size compare:

Oh, and there's a nice update for the stage roster tool too, in which you can set individual songs for stages via Oshtoby's stage-track dependant song loader code. And also the program should load a little faster. Just a little.
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:23:45 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5751 on: December 07, 2011, 03:36:08 PM »

Yes. To all of that. Just YES.

Fixing up some stuff, resized FoD, updated Stage Tool... thank you.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5752 on: December 07, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »

I was actually gonna request that feature for your tool, just because I have a hard time putting codes together for big projects. I'm currently recreating the stage select screen from Melee with your tool, and it's been extremely useful so far, so thanks.

Bear Claws

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5753 on: December 08, 2011, 09:33:07 AM »

Mewtwo, your stages are great, and even then, you keep improving them. It's not easy to explain how awesome you are Grin

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #5754 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »

Well, thanks xD

About that, I've been working in a new version of Ganon's I was suggested the other day. Why not playing on the bridge in a different way? Maybe too small for 4-player matches, but it's not bad for 1vs1

I'll upload it probably tomorrow. Note it's been already enlarged, if I make it even bigger, it will not feel the same cause the castle will be too big for the characters.

Stage shadows tutorial

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5755 on: December 12, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »

Well, thanks xD

About that, I've been working in a new version of Ganon's I was suggested the other day. Why not playing on the bridge in a different way? Maybe too small for 4-player matches, but it's not bad for 1vs1

*Picture of awesomeness*

*Another picture of awesomeness*

I'll upload it probably tomorrow. Note it's been already enlarged, if I make it even bigger, it will not feel the same cause the castle will be too big for the characters.
    Y'know, Mewtwo Two Thousand, that's awesome looking. That'll be the one I use, most likely. On a slightly different note, every little update you do on Fountain of Dreams is so amazing. Just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with your recent work, and I look forward to your up and coming stuff. Keep up the pace!
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:48:30 AM by Oshtoby » Logged

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5756 on: December 12, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »

So Mewtwo, I just wanted to say thanks for letting me include your stages in my Melee/N64 Expansion. I uploaded it yesterday. I just read that your working on your Mushroom Kingdom 64, and I can't wait to put it in! What kind of changes will you be making? Will it be over Mario Bros. to include the POW Block?

Bear Claws

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #5757 on: December 13, 2011, 06:36:37 AM »

Y'know, Mewtwo Two Thousand, that's awesome looking. That'll be the one I use, most likely. On a slightly different note, every little update you do on Fountain of Dreams is so amazing. Just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with your recent work, and I look forward to your up and coming stuff. Keep up the pace!

FoD would be mostly finished by now. Still, I need to update the enlarged version because of some fail I made with it, which can be seen in the picture and didn't realize about when I released it. It doesn't affect gameplay, but visuals. I'm glad you like the new addition to Ganon's Castle, I've not uploaded it yet because I wanted to give it a small touch before (visuals again). Thanks for the good words Smiley

So Mewtwo, I just wanted to say thanks for letting me include your stages in my Melee/N64 Expansion. I uploaded it yesterday. I just read that your working on your Mushroom Kingdom 64, and I can't wait to put it in! What kind of changes will you be making? Will it be over Mario Bros. to include the POW Block?

You're welcome. The main changes are just that, I'm redoing the whole stage. Structural changes, you know. It was one of my first stages and was made by tons of blocks put together, while lately I'm using vertexed planes to make the shapes. The size is different, the textures look more like N64... What I do about POWS, plants, etc, is something I don't know yet. First thing would be doing the platforms, which aren't done yet, and next would be implementing the transport system, the same way it was done for the previous version of the stage.

Note that it's not the only stage to be updated, Fourside will be remade too, FD64 needs to be completed, the tree in DL64 needs to be finished, Saffron needs some small tweaks related to textures and details like pokemon in the background. And I even want to make my own Yoshi and Metal stages.

But I don't know when those changes will be made, or in which order. I'm not sure about having much time to hack in the next days/weeks/months because of problems with my girlfriend, and the exams coming in january, which, having my girlfriend at home, will not be a nice period to hack as it was last year, or the year before.

*sigh*

Stage shadows tutorial

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5758 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »

You're welcome. The main changes are just that, I'm redoing the whole stage. Structural changes, you know. It was one of my first stages and was made by tons of blocks put together, while lately I'm using vertexed planes to make the shapes. The size is different, the textures look more like N64... What I do about POWS, plants, etc, is something I don't know yet. First thing would be doing the platforms, which aren't done yet, and next would be implementing the transport system, the same way it was done for the previous version of the stage.

Note that it's not the only stage to be updated, Fourside will be remade too, FD64 needs to be completed, the tree in DL64 needs to be finished, Saffron needs some small tweaks related to textures and details like pokemon in the background. And I even want to make my own Yoshi and Metal stages.

But I don't know when those changes will be made, or in which order. I'm not sure about having much time to hack in the next days/weeks/months because of problems with my girlfriend, and the exams coming in january, which, having my girlfriend at home, will not be a nice period to hack as it was last year, or the year before.

*sigh*
    Well, I made my Melee/N64 Expansion to be used for hacks to be replaced as they are updated, so I'm not gonna worry about updating it, unless somebody can help me get it running on Riivolution. Still it is exciting that you plan to update the aesthetics of some stages that feel too static. I'm especially excited for your Yoshi's Island, since I'm sure you probably plan to add clouds.
    Also, I hope things with your girlfriend work out. I may not know anything about women, but I do know they can get scary when they're pissed at you.

Bear Claws

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #5759 on: December 13, 2011, 04:11:32 PM »

Surprisingly, things seem to be better now with her. Yesterday it was like the end, but today we've gone out, had some dinner together, went to a children park and laughed. She seems to be happy today... Well, let's see how this goes...
    « Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:12:23 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Pages:  1 ... 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: