Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827099 times)
Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8550 on: April 25, 2016, 01:59:00 AM »

ok so i have made a video guide on customizing the SEQ bypass hack for those interested in modifying mine or making their own bypass to patch over brawlex's bug, those with an existing one may choose a different brstm for their favourite final smash songs
    ! No longer available
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:07:29 AM by Diddy Kong » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #8551 on: April 26, 2016, 04:44:22 PM »

What exactly is this for?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8552 on: April 28, 2016, 12:56:08 PM »

So, help me understand the Team Color bytes in CSSSlotConfig...

Here's Lucario's unedited list:

0100 0001 0504 0905 0302 0C00

I know that 0C00 means "end of color list, wrap between first and last".
    I also know that "0001" is use FitLucario01.pac/pcs for Red Team, "0100" means use FitLucario00.pac/pcs for Blue Team, and that "0302" makes the game load FitLucario02.pac/pcs for Green Team.
    But what are "Team Colors" 05 and 09? Has anyone made a list of what the extra colors correspond to?

UltIMa647
    Expert Kitten

Dogemar: President 2016. Very Great America. Wow.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8553 on: April 28, 2016, 02:36:02 PM »

Here is a list of colors of the CSSSlot config.

(NOTE: I used the picture from http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66848.0, which talks about adding CBliss effect to BrawlEX. Original picture goes to guy who made OP  Kirby Dance.)

Some people can't handle the yeyness

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0
    I also take Texture requests! PM me for those!

Tiberious
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8554 on: April 28, 2016, 03:31:36 PM »

Okay, so, I went through all of the CSSRoster .dat files while referencing sc_selcharacter.pac, and found out a pretty good pattern that you can use:

00 - Red
    01 - Blue
    02 - Yellow
    03 - Green
    04 - Purple
    05 - "Alternate Blue" (Cyan, Navy, etc.)
    06 - Pink
    07 - Brown
    08 - Black
    09 - White
    0A - Orange
    0B - (I saw this a couple times, but didn't manage to find any pattern to nail it down to any color)

UltIMa647
    Expert Kitten

Dogemar: President 2016. Very Great America. Wow.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8555 on: April 28, 2016, 05:56:57 PM »

Alright, so quick question.
    Some characters don't have premade BEX modules. (i.e. Fox in my case)
    How do I make a vanilla (plain/original) module BEX compatible? (Or is there a fox module and I'm just not looking hard enough?)

Some people can't handle the yeyness

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0
    I also take Texture requests! PM me for those!

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8556 on: April 29, 2016, 02:20:51 PM »

Alright, so quick question.
    Some characters don't have premade BEX modules. (i.e. Fox in my case)
    How do I make a vanilla (plain/original) module BEX compatible? (Or is there a fox module and I'm just not looking hard enough?)
    Use PPC ASM and the OpenSA module documentation to manually find the changed offsets while making sure memory is properly allocated... a.k.a have a lot of programming and debugger skills. If someone figures it out though it'll be a valuable gain for Brawlex. I'm personally hoping for a fixed cloned Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon Final Smash!

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #8557 on: April 29, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »

What exactly is this for?
    if the post was directed at me,  it's a small video for those wanting to modify the bypass mod that unintentionally fixed the final smash sound bug in brawlex so i felt it was appropriate to be in here, contributing to it's advencing

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #8558 on: May 02, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »

Hey guys. So I recently got Brawl working with codes on my vWii. However, I don't see my expanded slots. Is there a reason why I'm not seeing my extra slots? The default characters have the expanded slots, but the added characters aren't showing up.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8559 on: May 02, 2016, 05:17:03 PM »

Ok I had a thought. Theoretically even with no more BrawlEX updates a perfect version can be available.

I've seen 2 perfect rel port packs, allowing character X to be placed over any character using one of the included rels. If that project was completed (or at least for all non-clonable characters) we'd be able to just make a bunch of Mario clones and have it work for anyone, wouldn't we? 

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8560 on: May 04, 2016, 03:19:57 AM »

I know the Project M D.I.Y. people are also following this thread so I'll ask here. Has the ASL code been edited since P:M D.I.Y. 0.1? I'd be willing to test it on regular Brawlex if it receives an update.

Hey guys. So I recently got Brawl working with codes on my vWii. However, I don't see my expanded slots. Is there a reason why I'm not seeing my extra slots? The default characters have the expanded slots, but the added characters aren't showing up.
    When you say expanded slots do you mean expanded costume slots like cBliss had? It is important to note that cBliss should not be used with Brawlex and costumes should be added via editing the fighter and CSSSlot config files.

I've seen 2 perfect rel port packs, allowing character X to be placed over any character using one of the included rels. If that project was completed (or at least for all non-clonable characters) we'd be able to just make a bunch of Mario clones and have it work for anyone, wouldn't we?  
    I think that would be equally difficult to finishing the remaining .rels. Rel ports also don't behave properly with every PSA so I think more Brawlex modules would be the better way to go.
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:31:26 AM by ebola16 » Logged

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8561 on: May 04, 2016, 06:07:18 AM »

Ok I had a thought. Theoretically even with no more BrawlEX updates a perfect version can be available.

Well a long time ago for Nebulon's pack I was able to get the Petey Piranha PSA and Gun Slinger Samus PSA (before the ZSS rel came out) working with BrawlEx by hand porting them over to a Marth moveset (no rels, actually coding them over a new PSA). I have a bunch more done that have been sitting on my computer for ages, but theoretically all PSAs can work with BrawlEx using this method. It takes a bit of time but not as long as you would think.

What PSAs are left that can't be used anyway? Nearly all of the rels are done that have good movesets based on them -- the spacies and Yoshi are the only ones I can think of, which basically leaves Goten, Kid Trunks, Scizor, T-Rex, and...Silver maybe? I finished porting T-Rex and Scizor a long time ago, I'll post them if I can find the files. But the point is, any PSA can be BrawlEx compatible.

Anyway, wow, it's been years since I've posted here and I'm glad to see the community still exists. I've found myself missing brawl modding and working on Brawl4All with Nebulon. If anyone needs any help with anything, feel free to ask me. I'm a programmer by trade and can help with anything moveset oriented/bug fixing. If there's a bug/something you want to add to a PSA that you can't do, let me know and I'll take a crack at solving it.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #8562 on: May 04, 2016, 10:02:09 AM »

When you say expanded slots do you mean expanded costume slots like cBliss had? It is important to note that cBliss should not be used with Brawlex and costumes should be added via editing the fighter and CSSSlot config files.
    No. The extra costumes on the default characters work fine. They have their portraits and all.
    My extra characters aren't showing up on the character select screen. They showed up when I used Brawl on my Wii, but on vWii, they aren't showing up.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8563 on: May 04, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »

Well a long time ago for Nebulon's pack I was able to get the Petey Piranha PSA and Gun Slinger Samus PSA (before the ZSS rel came out) working with BrawlEx by hand porting them over to a Marth moveset (no rels, actually coding them over a new PSA). I have a bunch more done that have been sitting on my computer for ages, but theoretically all PSAs can work with BrawlEx using this method. It takes a bit of time but not as long as you would think.

What PSAs are left that can't be used anyway? Nearly all of the rels are done that have good movesets based on them -- the spacies and Yoshi are the only ones I can think of, which basically leaves Goten, Kid Trunks, Scizor, T-Rex, and...Silver maybe? I finished porting T-Rex and Scizor a long time ago, I'll post them if I can find the files. But the point is, any PSA can be BrawlEx compatible.

Anyway, wow, it's been years since I've posted here and I'm glad to see the community still exists. I've found myself missing brawl modding and working on Brawl4All with Nebulon. If anyone needs any help with anything, feel free to ask me. I'm a programmer by trade and can help with anything moveset oriented/bug fixing. If there's a bug/something you want to add to a PSA that you can't do, let me know and I'll take a crack at solving it.

If you're a programmer I can mention a few ideas.
    Brawlex module/misc data related (likely very difficult):

1. Find a way to load Brawlex's experimental CSS expansion from the .iso instead of the SD card. This will allow high quality CSPs, bypass sc_selcharacter.pac's size limit, and (hopefully) reduce the lag on the CSS from using the experimental CSS expansion.

2. Fix the error in Captain Falcon's experimental module that causes his Blue Falcon scene to crash.
    Would anybody like to test this Captain Falcon module on the actual console? I'm fairly certain i've fixed his crashes, but i can't test on console. Also, sorry for not being around. Been very busy with life stuff as of late..i haven't even had time to complete my work for Minus, let alone work on the Tool/Modules...anyways. Im also working on Yoshi's ExModule atm, who is also almost done, but there are a few quirks to work out still.

Although one problem has been fixed with the final smash, others remain. Interestingly, Dolphin would incorrectly not crash with Sammi Husky's modification before Dynamic BAT was merged. See SSBB Mod: Dolphin does not crash when real Wii does (Captain Falcon Brawlex .rel) for more information. Perhaps this indicates there are further problems with how the module interacts with the BAT registers?

3. Write a Brawlex module for any missing character. These are the stable ones

PSA related:

1. Port Krillin over Pikachu's .sawnd file to a different file. I'd like to keep Pikachu's sounds but it's pretty annoying when Krillin shouts "Pikachu!" If you are interested in this please tell me which .sawnd file you'll choose before starting. Most of my .sawnd swaps come from Nebulon's pack but I did find some others.

2. Port Fighter Kirby over one of the Brawlex compatible modules (more Kirbies are better!)

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but don't PSA ports of characters only work if they don't reference articles? I'm not too familiar with PSA. I think that's why some PSAs could be ported to Marth. PSA porting is fine but .rel porting should still be avoided. I think the Madara Uchiha PSA was a good example of something that doesn't work well with a .rel port. And thanks for your work with B4A!

No. The extra costumes on the default characters work fine. They have their portraits and all.
    My extra characters aren't showing up on the character select screen. They showed up when I used Brawl on my Wii, but on vWii, they aren't showing up.

So the same setup is behaving differently on the Wii vs vWii? If that's true I've never heard of anything like that but I don't own a Wii U to offer further help. Sorry.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:04:54 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8564 on: May 04, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but don't PSA ports of characters only work if they don't reference articles? I'm not too familiar with PSA. I think that's why some PSAs could be ported to Marth. PSA porting is fine but .rel porting should still be avoided. I think the Madara Uchiha PSA was a good example of something that doesn't work well with a .rel port. And thanks for your work with B4A!

Yes, but you can use the articles of the character you're porting over. Or just use none -- the only reason I chose Marth in the past was because Marth had a large moveset file and I wasn't working with articles anyway.

For example, a long time ago (and still when I have time) I have been working on revamping the Gyarados PSA. I currently have it ported over Samus rather than Mario like it originally was. I cannot use Mario's fireball article anymore (for his B move) but I now can use any of Samus's articles (which is what I wanted). The same can be applied to any PSA.

Pages:  1 ... 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: