Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848008 times)
Jade_Rock
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1215 on: January 18, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »

And blood & gore (for the more extreme gamers Cheesy), I guess this video is a start as an example, add all limbs being dismemberable and better effects to the concept (along with maybe various versions with more/less blood & gore): Smash Bros. Brawl EXTREME VIOLENCE (Bootleg)

Is this like a code or something?Has it been released?

HaloFanODST
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1216 on: January 18, 2014, 12:20:26 PM »

And blood & gore (for the more extreme gamers Cheesy), I guess this video is a start as an example, add all limbs being dismemberable and better effects to the concept (along with maybe various versions with more/less blood & gore): Smash Bros. Brawl EXTREME VIOLENCE (Bootleg)

Brawl with Violence and Gore?

More like: Super Smash Bros Kombat.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1217 on: January 18, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »

Is this like a code or something?Has it been released?

No, I was just mentioning it as another big modification that would be cool to have made someday

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1218 on: January 18, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been around often. Finally got around to finding a place I can use internet.

For those of you who are having trouble, don't forget to check out the video tutorials in the OP. You can also just seaech BrawlEx tutorial on youtube to find them. There are two for just basics (one for brawl minus, one for vBrawl), and two more for advanced cosmetics.

As for a progress update, I'm. THIS close to expanding the roster. If all goes well, after today or tomorrow I might have expanded the roster to 69 characters. For now....hopefully..

Convour, in the blog post, a lot of the people there I don't think are going to know the video tutorials are there  since they weren't included in the blog post. It may be a good idea to link to the playlist if its at all possible. Mainly because I feel like thwe mahority of people coming from the blog are just skipping to page 82 instead of reading the rest of the op.

Either way, people that need help, check em out! It may save you the time of asking here Tongue

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1219 on: January 18, 2014, 12:29:56 PM »

Okay, I am seriously flipping out here. Has anyone else tried going over the 3.79 file size limit? Because after the first time I did it by accident, I decided to add cosmetics for my next character with the same file without reducing the size again, to test it. It worked, and my sc_selcharacter is at 3.87 and it's still working for some reason while my reduced 2.56 one isn't - on the Wii, at that. The only codes I'm using are FPC and the CSS code to have BrawlEX running and RSBE for Roy and Mewtwo sounds. I'm starting to wonder if BrawlEX or the way BrawlEX cosmetics are added somehow broke the file size limit and none of us realized because we all tried to stay under it out of habit.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:11:08 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1220 on: January 18, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »

I'm. THIS close to expanding the roster. If all goes well, after today or tomorrow I might have expanded the roster to 69 characters. For now....hopefully..

That's pretty awesome, not 100, but awesome. Is there gonna be a tutorial to help other people do it themselves?

Suddenly, after we perfect everything currently possible in BrawlEx, PW is like: "HUGE update everybody! Sorry, I forgot to test it and deleted all backups, have fun with 200 characters!" *breaks roster and permanently leaves us with a 1 character roster in all versions of the game* XD lol sorry I just had to make that joke.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:46:12 PM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

Mariohuge
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1221 on: January 18, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »

Yes, I'm using the correct file replacement code, but I haven't heard of this pack. I'm gonna check it out, then get back to this and say if it helped me out.
    Welp, I tried out AS1nk's pack, but after copypasting the exact files I needed into the SD card and finally, FINALLY seeing icons other than extra random icons, I chose a match with Roy and Waluigi and went to the stage select screen.
    Then, after hovering over a few stages, the game froze.
    So I found that I didn't take out my previous info_en.pac files and took them all out, then I doublechecked the SD card to make sure there was not a single point in there were a crash could happen.
    Loaded up brawl, and it crashed right before the character selection screen.
    At this point, I'm just about done and trying to tinker around with this thing, seeing if I can find a workaround myself. Thanks for the help, to those who helped me out, but at this point I have absolutely no clue as to how I can fix this.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1222 on: January 18, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »

Welp, I tried out AS1nk's pack, but after copypasting the exact files I needed into the SD card and finally, FINALLY seeing icons other than extra random icons, I chose a match with Roy and Waluigi and went to the stage select screen.
    Then, after hovering over a few stages, the game froze.
    So I found that I didn't take out my previous info_en.pac files and took them all out, then I doublechecked the SD card to make sure there was not a single point in there were a crash could happen.
    Loaded up brawl, and it crashed right before the character selection screen.
    At this point, I'm just about done and trying to tinker around with this thing, seeing if I can find a workaround myself. Thanks for the help, to those who helped me out, but at this point I have absolutely no clue as to how I can fix this.
    if your using afslink pack dont replace the bx fighter like he said just use only the thing he has on the pack and then put the rsbe gct in the codes  folder, it worked great on my wii u

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1223 on: January 18, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »

THIS WORKS ON THE WII U!?!?!?!?!?!?!? And awesome progress on the whole expanded roster Sam Awesome Face

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1224 on: January 18, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »

if it works, it's actually fairly jenky because brawlbox throws a fit after you try to open the 3d model again in brawlbox after it's modified. BUT it will use the new bones in game on the CSS. i just haven't tested adding new characters to the 19 new bones. Tongue

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1225 on: January 18, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »

if it works, it's actually fairly jenky because brawlbox throws a fit after you try to open the 3d model again in brawlbox after it's modified. BUT it will use the new bones in game on the CSS. i just haven't tested adding new characters to the 19 new bones. Tongue

Hey Sam, not to rush or anything but when more modules come out for more characters where can we find them? Here, or somewhere else? And if here, will there be an update notice somewhere for us to know?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1226 on: January 18, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »

It's really, its just me pikazz and eternal yoshi making our own exmodules independently of PW. Tongue More then likely, if Phantom Wings approves it he would put them in the download. of course they would need testing (that's where you guys come in). you guys combined would do more testing by just playing in 5 minutes then i could do myself in like 5 days.

So whenever we get them straightened out and working, i'm i'll post mine here. i can't really speak for EY or Pikazz, but i'm sure they'll post theirs here too Tongue

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1227 on: January 18, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »

It's really, its just me pikazz and eternal yoshi making our own exmodules independently of PW. Tongue More then likely, if Phantom Wings approves it he would put them in the download. of course they would need testing (that's where you guys come in). you guys combined would do more testing by just playing in 5 minutes then i could do myself in like 5 days.

So whenever we get them straightened out and working, i'm i'll post mine here. i can't really speak for EY or Pikazz, but i'm sure they'll post theirs here too Tongue

I'm all for testing, i tried writing BrawlEx rels but i couldn't get past the first two lines of section 8.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1228 on: January 18, 2014, 03:28:10 PM »

THIS WORKS ON THE WII U!?!?!?!?!?!?!? And awesome progress on the whole expanded roster Sam Awesome Face
    wii mode of the wii u its just wii programing so you can instal homebrew and gecko and everything like the wii but only on the wii mode of the wiiu not on the wiiu mode

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1229 on: January 18, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »

Ugh! Well I was working on cloning a 7th character, but all my clone files got corrupted. So I re-cloned them all and when I cloned Mewtwo again, went to the CSS screen and it showed all the original characters but with 5 shadow icons and 1 ivysaur where the clone should be. If i post my sd card contents, can someone tell me what went wrong? Cry

Pages:  1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: