Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827472 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1425 on: January 21, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »

Speaking of announcer calls, is there a tutorial for that anywhere? I've been using the Fighting Alloy Team call for the clones, but it would be nice to have individual ones.

Adding Wario's Slot Config fixed my problem with freezing expanded characters, by the way, so thanks for that Don Jon Bravo.
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:06:04 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1426 on: January 21, 2014, 09:11:49 PM »

Any plans to fix common2 freezing the strap loader? It's kinda annoying when I can't even load the game half the time.

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1427 on: January 21, 2014, 09:13:30 PM »

@Mr.unusual

First, do not add 3f to the css slot config.  That part of the config has nothing to do with ids of the characteers, only costumes.
    Second, Dont uncheck ?a at the fighter config
    What I meant was to take out 0A and 0B in the css slot config, which you have clearly already done

@ Axel Akute

try adding an 09 after 07, and 0C ater 09
    hence:

05000001 02050302 08040103 02060007
    01090308 07090C00 00000000 00000000

or make sure ur CSP's are not corrupted

also
    u may not even have to remove the 0a and 0b from the css slot confing, as long as u dont check 10,11,12 on the fighter config, u should be ok.

Yeah... I'm still getting the same result. Freeze when moving between first and last costume. And I believe that the CSPs couldn't be corrupt because they all still show up if you just scroll from first to last, but the second you try to go past the last costume, it freezes.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1428 on: January 21, 2014, 09:14:41 PM »

Any plans to fix common2 freezing the strap loader? It's kinda annoying when I can't even load the game half the time.
    Believe it or not, I'm not having any strap loader freezes at all any more, and they stopped happening when I put a common5.pac on my card. I don't know if that's why it stopped, but I'm not gonna complain. I still use sc_selcharacter, of course, but files load faster from SD than they do the disc so that might have something to do with it.
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:15:35 PM by ShinF » Logged

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #1429 on: January 21, 2014, 09:16:48 PM »

Believe it or not, I'm not having any strap loader freezes at all any more, and they stopped happening when I put a common5.pac on my card. I don't know if that's why it stopped, but I'm not gonna complain. I still use sc_selcharacter, of course, but files load faster from SD than they do the disc so that might have something to do with it.
    A common5? Like a vanilla common5 or a modified one?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1430 on: January 21, 2014, 09:17:40 PM »

A common5? Like a vanilla common5 or a modified one?
    Vanilla, with all my CSP mods and such being on my sc_selcharacter. Like I said, I don't know why it worked like that, I just know that since I added it a couple of days ago, I have never gotten a strap loader freeze.
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:24:02 PM by ShinF » Logged

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1431 on: January 21, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

Yeah... I'm still getting the same result. Freeze when moving between first and last costume. And I believe that the CSPs couldn't be corrupt because they all still show up if you just scroll from first to last, but the second you try to go past the last costume, it freezes.
    try using warios slot config for your clone. (not the css config)
    that should fix the issue
    it worked for shinf
    :/
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:20:16 PM by Don Jon BravoEX » Logged

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1432 on: January 21, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »

try using warios slot config for your clone. (not the css config)
    that should fix the issue
    it worked for shinf
    :/

Used Wario's Slot Config, and still no such luck. Thanks for attempting to help though. I do have an idea to just copy Wario's CSSSlot from the point after the initial character's costumes end and see if that works. Though I think I had a similar method working on Mario a while back from the way someone described it, and it set it so all the slots appeared on the character and didn't freeze, but Mario ended up with the 06 costume on two slots, one of which should have been 01.

Edit: Yeah, that didn't work. Brought all the costumes up on the CSS but still froze when trying to cycle. Getting this to work may be more trouble than it's worth. I'd LIKE to not have to delete some of the costumes I like for characters, but I am fine with it.
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:40:09 PM by Axel Akutare » Logged

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #1433 on: January 21, 2014, 09:38:21 PM »

hmm
    interesting
    i guess this method eliminates having to go through the trouble of adding extra bones to the CSS, but than again u dont have extra icons
    it sounds like an awesome feature nevertheless
    im just waiting for any developments...

Yeah we will be able to add past 51 once sammi finishes the code and/or writes a guide on how to modify it to our liking. Come to think of it maybe not adding a bone for the icon is the reason it is just a mario icon, the name loads though so i don't really.

Speaking of announcer calls, is there a tutorial for that anywhere? I've been using the Fighting Alloy Team call for the clones, but it would be nice to have individual ones.

Adding Wario's Slot Config fixed my problem with freezing expanded characters, by the way, so thanks for that Don Jon Bravo.

I was going to write a tutorial on it but i completely forgot to, once i have a few hours free i will write a tutorial on it. (or may just do a video/voice tutorial)

EDIT:

I think i found a glitch with the new code sammi, when you hit back from the stage selection screen while having the clone on the mario slot chosen it crashes the game and when you finish a battle the roster icon is selected on captain falcon for some reason instead of the mario 51 clone, plus it crashed once after the results screen but most of the time it didn't after the battle.

Just thought i'd let you know.
    « Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:00:58 PM by ShadowSnake » Logged

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #1434 on: January 21, 2014, 11:29:24 PM »

You should be using those to replace the last two lines of a CSSSlot file for Lucario with a Hex Editor if you're trying to work with Mewtwo, then rename the file to CSSSlot3F(if that's your Mewtwo slot)

In theory and from what I can tell, following those directions should definitely give you 10 costume slots(though in my case it causes the game to freeze when switching between the first and last costume on the character select screen) I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything about de-selecting the ?A box though. I don't really have any idea WHAT the ?A and ?B settings are even for. I might test that out when I get home and see if that ends up fixing my freezing issue though. I got no idea.

If it's not giving you the slots at all, are you sure you put the edited Fighter and CSSSlot files on the SD Card?

I found the problem, I did all of that and saved it, but there was another CSSSlot3F.dat file (it was the backup in case I messed up) and I accidentally copied the backup into the sd card, prett much meaning that I didn't change anything lol. I replaced the original with the original in other words and then deleted the new one from my desktop thinking I used that one and didn't need it anymore lol not sure how I did that, must have been distracted, but thank you. Btw, no one has figured out that Crazy Hand thing yet? lol

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1435 on: January 21, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »

I found the problem, I did all of that and saved it, but there was another CSSSlot3F.dat file (it was the backup in case I messed up) and I accidentally copied the backup into the sd card, prett much meaning that I didn't change anything lol. I replaced the original with the original in other words and then deleted the new one from my desktop thinking I used that one and didn't need it anymore lol not sure how I did that, must have been distracted, but thank you. Btw, no one has figured out that Crazy Hand thing yet? lol
    It's in Sammi-Husky's last cosmetics vid. You have to add the images with the names to info.brres, info.pac, info_training.pac and info_training_mg.pac, then you have to update the anmtextpat for them. (It's called InfFace_TopN__0)

MrUnusual
    Mega Kitten

The REAL Julian Clarke

• Awards Famous Hacker Favorite'd

« Reply #1436 on: January 22, 2014, 12:02:27 AM »

It's in Sammi-Husky's last cosmetics vid. You have to add the images with the names to info.brres, info.pac, info_training.pac and info_training_mg.pac, then you have to update the anmtextpat for them. (It's called InfFace_TopN__0)
    I thought that was just for the franchise icons, result portraits and stock icons. And to Axel, maybe this sounds impossible, but I some how instead of having 10 slots for Mewtwo, I ended up with about 22 slots O.O more than I wanted, I mean, sounds awesome, but I didn't want THAT many. I don't know how or why that happened, but the same thing happened with Mario, I did what you said and copied the last 2 lines from Wario CSSSlots into the CSSSlots00.dat, changed the ID to 00 and changed Mario's Figher00.dat costumes to 00-09, saved it, copied both of those files to their designated areas in winimage, started the game and Mario had his original portrait slots, plus the cBliss portraits slots that I had before and then the rest were these empty glitchy looking spots (what it usually shows when you have cBliss but don't have portraits in the sc_selcharacter to fill the empty spaces), I counted how many regular portraits, cBliss portraits and empty portraits there were going through all of them by pressing x repeatedly on the character select and counted 22 slots right before it cycled back to default Mario's 1st portrait photo again. Could this mean that it is possible to have 22 slots per character?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1437 on: January 22, 2014, 12:02:57 AM »

Has anyone figured out how to give swordsmen characters other sword glows yet? If not I'm going to try and experiment on this.
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:06:02 AM by Lillith » Logged

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1438 on: January 22, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »

Has anyone figured out how to give swordsmen characters other sword glows yet? If not I'l going to try and experiment on this.
    I would love this. Isaac VS Pit always has either Isaac borrowing Pit's sword glow or Pit's sword glows becoming Isaac's rocks in place of bow trails. It gets even worse with Goku thrown in Tongue

Actually, I think ASF1nk knows how to do it, he just hasn't made a tutorial for it.

I'm working on trying to expand every character's costumes so if I get them all done properly, I'll upload all my files.
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:06:36 AM by ShinF » Logged

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1439 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:53 AM »

Oh, really?,,, I've already started though, so I'm going to continue until something happens~

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: