Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847246 times)
Riddler
Some sort of Genius
Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2760 on: February 18, 2014, 10:25:13 AM »

I just believe I've read that certain PSA's tend to glitch over clones, where that PSA is known to work over the original character. If the clone works fine as it's original character, it might just be easier to keep the clone unchanged and change the original.

Just a theory, though.

Post Merge: February 18, 2014, 10:29:22 AM
    In a perfect world, a pack would include Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Doctor Mario, and Young Link - then eventually Mega Man, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and Villager.

I can't wait. We can call it "Smash Bros. Complete"
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:34:47 AM by Riddler » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2761 on: February 18, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »

Have been for a while, but there's no release because I couldn't get special action grabs working bug free, meaning he has no down B.

I'll be first in line for this when it's released. Love Metal Gear.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

SpoonTheMan
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2762 on: February 18, 2014, 10:38:33 AM »

Looks cool, would like to see him (know nothing about him though), but I'm more looking forward to Gray Fox (actually Raiden, but hey, they are pretty much the same the way they fight, aren't they?), speaking of Raiden, is there any chance there will be a voice pack for him with the Gray Fox moveset?
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:42:14 AM by SpoonTheMan » Logged

AutumnVen
    Supreme Kitten

Flaming Dunsparce! Your argument is invalid.

• Awards RAGE!! Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2763 on: February 18, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »

Here is a screenshot of the CSSRoster.

I tried editting it with the config tool, but it didn't change the zelda/sheik or any of the other ones. The only thing it did was add the random slot icon back in.

The game still freezes when you hover over the tails icon that is supposed to be ridley.

So I got the ridley to work now, but it doesn't have custom sounds or icons. I am just having troubles with making the CSS have the proper icons. Is there a trick to the cosmetics? because I am just having a terrible time trying to figure it out.

This is how it looks right now:

It has my four clones that I have done, and ShinF's clones.

What I want to happen is that some of the characters are split, like in Project Ms CSS.

Any help or tips would be appreciated!
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:09:53 AM by Pokemon Master CB » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2764 on: February 18, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »

Since there really aren't that many PSA's that are worth putting in yet, perhaps the three or so people who have been releasing their packs could work together on a single pack? Leave costumes out for the original cast so people can put those in themselves, and share the cosmetics across the clones?

I also had a thought: Might it be easier in some cases to clone a character and put the *new* character over the original? Suppose there are glitches with a Mario clone's PSA, would those glitches exist if the clone was just still Mario? The clone would then be Mario and Mario would then be whatever character you replace him with since the PSA is known to work there?

for that to work there would need to be a comunity brawlex file managed by someone with the patience and dedication to add every  good psa that was requested, if you find someone like that they should open a thread and ppl would say some psas so they could be accepted or not.

Post Merge: February 18, 2014, 11:30:23 AM
    So I got the ridley to work now, but it doesn't have custom sounds or icons. I am just having troubles with making the CSS have the proper icons. Is there a trick to the cosmetics? because I am just having a terrible time trying to figure it out.

What I want to happen is that some of the characters are split, like in Project Ms CSS.

there are 2 videos on the OP that you need to follow so they have their cosmetics on the CSS
    also ridley will use the sound if you used the fighter(number).dat included on the download  try using the taunts and entry to see if he does his ridley call but if you didnt use the fighter.dat included obiously he wont sound anything.
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:30:24 AM by Carnage » Logged

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2765 on: February 18, 2014, 11:31:02 AM »

I don't know why it did it then because when i would select like green Marth it would give me white Marth, the csp and costume setup was different.

Ah, that would be because the vBrawl costumes were out of order in the first place. Like, FitMarth05 might align with Marth's third portrait instead of his fifth. cBliss re-ordered it so that the portraits were all aligned. So, it doesn't match the vBrawl order, but it does match the cBliss order. I could make a set that matches the vBrawl order, but it might take a bit longer since each character's original order was different.

If you're using the CSSRoster.dat file now, then you can simply add their IDs to it with no issues. If you're using the CSS code still, again, you can still add the characters to it, you just have to be sure to also use the CSS Fixes for Sheik/ZSS code.
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:37:34 AM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

OmegaS3
    Texture/PSA Master
    Extreme Kitten

Legends never die!

• Awards Starstormer Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2766 on: February 18, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »

I''m having this one little problem that I can't seem to get rid of. All my clones work. I went through every outfit and they all loaded. I have all there files, such as CSPs, BPs, RSPs, CSS Icons, Stock Icons, name plates and franchise icons. I've updated to the newest files and recreated all my configs from scratch. But when the cpu is random and I choose a stage. I experience a silent freeze. Why is this happening?

If I select the characters it never seems to happen. But I love random.

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2767 on: February 18, 2014, 12:20:29 PM »

I just believe I've read that certain PSA's tend to glitch over clones, where that PSA is known to work over the original character. If the clone works fine as it's original character, it might just be easier to keep the clone unchanged and change the original.

Just a theory, though.

Post Merge: February 18, 2014, 10:29:22 AM
    In a perfect world, a pack would include Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Doctor Mario, and Young Link - then eventually Mega Man, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and Villager.

I can't wait. We can call it "Smash Bros. Complete"

My current setup has the 5 Melee characters and Rosalina and Villager, as well as every SSB, Melee, and SSB4 stage currently made. No cosmetics or anything for the clones yet though.

Does anyone know the answer to my previous post?

If you want to implement the CSS Expansion into your own prebuilt sc_selchar.pac, just use the files in Resources folder of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion package. Replace the MenSelchrPos_TopN .mdl0 .chr0 files in your sc_selchar.pac with the one in the Resources folder. The MiscData[13] is only needed if you already are using a modified common3.pac. Otherwise, you can just use the one in the CoreFiles directory.

Where do you replace the MenSelchrPos_TopN .mdl0 .chr0 files at exactly?
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:22:28 PM by ToadKart » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2768 on: February 18, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »

MenSelchrPos_TopN is in MiscData[30] in the sc_selcharacter.

Like I've said before, I've been encountering issues. Ever since I added those files to my sc_selcharacter or my files to the included sc_selcharacter, I've been having freezes when attempting to approach the CSS icons.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2769 on: February 18, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »

MenSelchrPos_TopN is in MiscData[30] in the sc_selcharacter.

Like I've said before, I've been encountering issues. Ever since I added those files to my sc_selcharacter or my files to the included sc_selcharacter, I've been having freezes when attempting to approach the CSS icons.

seg, if you don't have all characters unlocked, it'll freeze when attempting to go over a css icon. if you DO have them all unlocked, have you used the latest updates? they fixed an error when trying to hover over someone who would ordinarily have a 'new' banner above their icon.

//======================//

My tool fully supports the CSSRoster.dat file now, and soon i will have a 'Roster view' that will allow you to re-arrange your slots. for now, it automatically adds clones you make with the tool to the CSS. and you can selectively delete specific clones from the game and CSS while leaving the others alone.

next up, support for the fighter config...AND THEN i will add all the cool nifty features like specifying announcer calls, cosmetic slots, franchise icons and all that jazz

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #2770 on: February 18, 2014, 01:19:50 PM »

I unlocked all characters before I used Gecko :v
    I'm curious. Would removing PKMN Trainer from the CSSRoster data and replacing it with Ivysaur, Charizard, and Squirtle be causing it?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2771 on: February 18, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »

It shouldn't be, i couldn't imagine why that would be..hmm..you are using the newest BrawlEx stuff right?

and, you did replace all of the files when you updated? The only things that needed to be replaced in the sc_selcharacter.pac was the menselchrpos_topN and the animation file for that 3d model. did you import the animation as well?

Also, i updated the Tool now. it's in my sig and in the OP of this thread. the XP compatable version is in my sig

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #2772 on: February 18, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »

I am using the new stuff. Hell, I tried, just now, replacing the CSSSlots for individual Pokemon, yet... same freeze Undecided

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2773 on: February 18, 2014, 01:36:51 PM »

try it with just the stuff from the core files, and see if it works..if it does, then it has to be something to do with either the common3 or the stuff you replaced in sc_selcharacter

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2774 on: February 18, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »

So, I decided to start putting custom cosmetics in my build and I followed the tutorials word for word. Now it freezes at the black screen for when the result screen would show up, just when using the character with new cosmetics.

Also, I didn't get the Straploader freeze until I started adding the cosmetics. What's up, guys?

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Pages:  1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: