Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2836850 times)
Riddler
Some sort of Genius
Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6045 on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:20 AM »

So who's got the biggest, most organized pack right now? I've been using Nebulon's for a while.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6046 on: June 04, 2014, 02:10:20 AM »

I don't think anyone's beaten Nebulon's number of fighters especially not me I'm just now close to 60 fighters but I will say my pack'll have one difference from the other packs and that's Dr. Mario he's now shares a slot with Mario rather than being his own character.

Riddler
    Some sort of Genius
    Special Access

Riddle me this!

• Awards Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6047 on: June 04, 2014, 02:20:57 AM »

Shares a slot?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6048 on: June 04, 2014, 02:34:17 AM »

Shares a slot?
    Similar to Doc in Project M I'd imagine.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6049 on: June 04, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »

It's actually the moveset from PM just altered to fit Brawl it even gave the option if you have Brawlex to use Dr. Mario in the same slot.

KingImpris
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6050 on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:18 AM »

My pack has 93 character in total I guess im the biggest number of fighters.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6051 on: June 04, 2014, 08:06:07 AM »

My pack has 93 character in total I guess im the biggest number of fighters.
    Quality > Quantity.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6052 on: June 04, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »

So who's got the biggest, most organized pack right now? I've been using Nebulon's for a while.

Hmmm... Well I can't speak for everyone else, but I can speak for myself and explain what my pack includes, since my only has enough space to display the characters.

-Counting Sheik, Zss, and the Pokemon, but NOT the trainer, you can play as 88 in my current build.
    -I'm using the stage expansion code, so I've got the current maximum amount of levels. All levels have their own music except for one which shares a placeholder song. The levels that had la were replaced with mewer versions and objects in levels that obstructed the view were removed.

-I have my own logo, and customized my menus with a background from the site to make it stand out from normal Smash bros.

-I went back and made sure all of the packaged characters have their red green and blue recolors, except for Peach, Mario, and Luigi, who have a special costume for a reason, and Link and Samus who have slight model modifications in their alternate (blue Samus is fusion Samus, Blue Link is Zora armor Link. It doesn't change gameplay, but I find them more interesting. I will probably eventually give Peach back her red costume and Link's blue and red tunics)). A lot of characters excede the standard costume amount. I tired to include not only more of their recolors for competitive play, but 64 styled models for fun.

-I've size modded a few characters and updated other custom character textures to give them new life. I also edited a lot of characters for competitive play, but that's an ongoing process. My Sora is a combinaion of different Sora's now. I should release it but I haven't. There are other exclusive things and PSA edits that feel good in my pack, but that's subjective so don't take my word for it.

-The CSS is organized and the SSS is organized by series.

-A lot of little thigs like the fact that all of my CSS icons have a glow around the character's picture to resemble the original character Icons, the names all being a similar font and size, the icon name font and size, etc just little things to give it an authentic look.

But after every match you must back out of the CSS before doing another battle. The process takes 2 seconds and doesn't affect anyting despite people's frustration with their stolen 2 seconds. But all packs need this if they want certain characters to have sword glows or use Boss slots. And since a lot of people used mine as a base, most packs hae this issue.

-oh and I have Turbo codes in place a long with no tripping. Turbo replaces Curry mode in special Brawl. Naruto has been known to soft freeze durin Turbo matches, Blaze and Vegeta will occasioally Tpose after certain combos, and Mickey won't load in Turbo.

-Random button is broken for now as I believe it can't properly load boss slots. That or I messed something up. That's what I'm going to look into before next release.

So that's my pack. For now. I won't be adding any more characters until a few of themare released or when more modules are released since I'm still banking on 2-3 characters who happen to use Rob and Falco. But by that time PW will probably update the CSS roster size so I can afford to put in other characters that I'm going to modify a bit.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

MeleeMaster500
    Mega Kitten

The coffin has opened

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6053 on: June 04, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »

yeah, KingImpris has the highest number of characters

V. 1.00

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6054 on: June 04, 2014, 12:55:04 PM »

yeah, KingImpris has the highest number of characters

But his pack is not well done.

He has only one costume in the Sephiroth slot. And the character is not Sephiroth.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6055 on: June 04, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »

Quality > Quantity.
    many of these modpacks has basely no Quality at all
    many of the CSPs: images taken from google images mainly
    or other´s work

some of the movesets is only there cuz of the charater
    not cuz of how good the moveset is
    like my Geno&Shadow moveset is only there cuz of its Geno&Shadow and its not even that good

and they focusing on adding as many as possible instead of focus adding good stuff
    i see modpacks on brawl with Charater models that got like Anime like texture that only fits to a Cel shadered game(as brawl is not) instead of adding like a Brawl styled Vegeta they adding a anime like texture of him instead while having some brawl styled charaters and alot of other styles in 1 modpack

minecraft modding doing it alot better with theys modpacks and mods
    minecraft mainly making mods and still keep´s minecraft´s style blocks and cubes and 16/32bit like textures
    (yeah i know minecraft modding is bigger then brawl modding but is just an example)

while brawl modding is a mix of so many texture styles so its annoying

making "good" modpacks for modding is the closest thing we can get to game development
    and we dont see any games with a mix of Mario-ish/cel shadered/realistic graphics in 1 game
    not even in big modpacks for other games but in  brawl´s modpack we see that sadly
    if there is most celshadered charater then make the rest celshadered
    if there is more mario/kirby/sonic/toon-ish like graphic then make the rest like that
    and so on

instead of mix it all in 1 pack

kinda i was planing making a modpack(before it become so overrated and before clone engine too) but with all these bad modpacks there a user took basely anyone else´s work all that user did was put it all to 1 pack kinda killed my motion for make a modpack that follow brawl texture like style
    with good made movesets/models

+ in my option the modpack makers should PM us about permission for use our mods in they´s modpack aswell since i kinda dont like see some of my work in a modpack without Quality

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

24tee
    Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6056 on: June 04, 2014, 01:35:14 PM »

So... why does the PM launcher keep taking me back to the wii menu

daniel741852
    Expert Kitten

Hacker in training.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6057 on: June 04, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »

My brawlEx pack is in ALPHA and it has pretty decent quality, individual sfx for most of the chars, fixed gfx for some, will finish many gfx fixes in the next build, and decent CSP's instead of taking them from google.

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6058 on: June 04, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »

My brawlEx pack is in ALPHA and it has pretty decent quality, individual sfx for most of the chars, fixed gfx for some, will finish many gfx fixes in the next build, and decent CSP's instead of taking them from google.

As far as I know, you have an excellent Sephiroth in your pack.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

24tee
    Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6059 on: June 04, 2014, 02:14:11 PM »

So... why does the PM launcher keep taking me back to the wii menu

Pages:  1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: