Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2827157 times)
PhantomWings
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6165 on: June 08, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »

I noticed that everyone has icons and names.... did you find a workaround to the CSS file size/memory limits?

Anyway, I'd recommend uploading the update ONLY if you have no console testers.

BINGO! The grand prize goes to Eternal Yoshi! As I said before, I still haven't tested it on console, so there's no guarantee that it'll work as I expect it to, but it works for Dolphin, albeit a little slowly.

Anyways, I really don't have a means of testing for console right now, so I'm going to upload the unstable builds, but I'll also keep the old stable builds out until we know that the new ones are working. For the time being, I recommend that only the BrawlEx pack developers try using the newer builds and see if it breaks anything in their pack. From there we can evaluate and see if it needs any tweaking.

Incidentally, the reason I decided to change the name was because I do have plans to move onto stages eventually. Similar to how both the CSS Expansion and the Clone Engine fall under the BrawlEx title, the Stage Expansion system will as well. The Brawl Expansion Project is just a longer way of saying BrawlEx.

"The Brawl Expansion Project"

Does that mean I have to rename my pack now? :no:

Don't worry too much about it. You had the name first after all. Smiley

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6166 on: June 08, 2014, 06:40:28 PM »

I see Megaman X. So ROB module. I see Greninja. So... Possibly Sheik? I see Skyloft Zelda and bowser jr. So Zelda and Bowser... I see Skull kid so Toon Link...

Smiley seems like some new RELs to me Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6167 on: June 08, 2014, 06:41:55 PM »

No memory limits on the sc_selcharacter AND some possible new REL files?
    I highly approve.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #6168 on: June 08, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »

Eternal already stated the icons and names and others have stated the new .rels but let's go crazy and say that they all have their own new soundbank that isn't over anything, memory taken from the old wifi to expand the menu's possibilities and maybe perfect articles on clones? xD Those aren't things from that picture... Just wishful thinking; anyway looks awesome to have some new cloning options! =D

Ninja'd by everyone xD

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6169 on: June 08, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »

BINGO! The grand prize goes to Eternal Yoshi! As I said before, I still haven't tested it on console, so there's no guarantee that it'll work as I expect it to, but it works for Dolphin, albeit a little slowly.

Anyways, I really don't have a means of testing for console right now, so I'm going to upload the unstable builds, but I'll also keep the old stable builds out until we know that the new ones are working. For the time being, I recommend that only the BrawlEx pack developers try using the newer builds and see if it breaks anything in their pack. From there we can evaluate and see if it needs any tweaking.

Incidentally, the reason I decided to change the name was because I do have plans to move onto stages eventually. Similar to how both the CSS Expansion and the Clone Engine fall under the BrawlEx title, the Stage Expansion system will as well. The Brawl Expansion Project is just a longer way of saying BrawlEx.

I'd be honored to test. I'll have 4 free hours soon Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6170 on: June 08, 2014, 06:52:23 PM »

now stages i dont mind helping u out with!! would also teach me more about how the SSS is all set up and if there could be anything else that could be added to it!

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6171 on: June 08, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »

I really hope there are a bunch of new .rels. Then I will have my dream roster.

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #6172 on: June 08, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

I really hope there are a bunch of new .rels. Then I will have my dream roster.

It's already on the OP, there's Captain Falcon but the final smash crashes if the clone doesn't have a different one (in other words blue falcon crashes), pikmin but apparently causes random crashing, Toon Link, Zelda alone and the Zelda/Sheik duo. All untested in console.

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6173 on: June 08, 2014, 07:05:04 PM »

As some of you have already noticed, version 2.0.0.x is up. It's in the Additional BrawlEx Versions category of the Downloads section. Be sure to check out the version history for a list of changes. I'd recommend first testing it out with nothing but the mod on - no configuration files or character patches, and then working incrementally up from there. Remember, this is an unstable build, so don't expect it to work for even the simplest of things.

As for character selection portraits, the number of portraits that would be needed for 100 characters would be impossible to fit into memory without making some serious changes to the memory landscape. Instead, I've opted for a dynamic loading system that loads the files off of your SD card when they're needed. I'm not sure about how well this will perform at runtime, or even if it will work at all. Give me a few more minutes and I'll have version 2 of the BrawlEx CSS up as well.

One final note: the config templates included in the download are all version 2 config files. Version 2 config files are backwards compatible meaning that they can be used with BrawlEx version 1. Similarly, BrawlEx version 2 can use version 1 config files. However, the version 1 BrawlEx Config Utility will refuse to open a version 2 config file. So the only way you can edit them right now is by using a hex editor.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #6174 on: June 08, 2014, 07:09:07 PM »

Oooh my.
    In the download's beta module folder, I spy:
    -ROB
    -Zelda (Alone)
    -Zelda (with Sheik)
    -Toon Link.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6175 on: June 08, 2014, 07:11:43 PM »

Oooh my.
    In the download's beta module folder, I spy:
    -ROB
    -Zelda (Alone)
    -Zelda (with Sheik)
    -Toon Link.

I'm chomping at the gate Smiley!!!

But I'm curious... How is Bowser Jr present if there isn't a Bowser module?

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6176 on: June 08, 2014, 07:15:27 PM »

That's got me confused as well. I know SonicBrawler was working on B Jr. and Shadow Mario over Zelda/Sheik...

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6177 on: June 08, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »

Haha, you got me. Bowser Jr. doesn't actually work yet. I meant to have his module done before doing this release, but I thought I'd get the newest version released sooner rather than later.

now stages i dont mind helping u out with!! would also teach me more about how the SSS is all set up and if there could be anything else that could be added to it!

Fortunately the Stage Roster Expansion system is pretty much already complete in the form of the Stage Roster Expansion Code. The only issue I can foresee is adding the extra icons to the Stage Select Screen. Of course, I've already done that once before for the CSS Roster, so I don't think it should be too hard to do a second time. If you'd like, I can see about giving you a rundown on how the Stage Roster Expansion code works, but I'd first need to revisit it myself to reacquaint myself with it.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:22:54 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

24tee
    Expert Kitten

If there is Smash, there is Bros.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6178 on: June 08, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »

So PW are there any plans of riivo support?

KidCraft24
    Mega Kitten

Brawl DX Creator

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6179 on: June 08, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »

Is the pikmin module fixed so that the pikmin don't freeze when the player dies? Also i understand that wario is difficult but i was hoping wario would've been included as a stand alone without final smash warioman.

Though i'm happy this update is up. Though does this update include all the fixes you mentioned previously like victory screen announcer calls for the clones?

Click The Logo To Find Out More
    Click the Link To Download Now
    https://www.mediafire.com/?vpg7cn3ohvgh513 Download for SD cards 2 GigaBytes or less
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/3b9ax3zb97xw1r7 Download for SDHC Users

Pages:  1 ... 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: