The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Lillith on January 12, 2019, 09:49:19 PM
ohright. i forgot i copied the blog site instead of the other bit. Oops?
http://ssbbhack.web.fc2.com/

You're looking for 'Link' at the bottom of the sidebar, and then the thing at the very bottom of that page.

I meant I wanted to read (and understand) the post, not just have the download.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Ah, I haven't really looked into it too much myself yet, so I can't help there unfortunately.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

January 15, 2019, 10:54:26 AM #8807 Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:37:44 PM by Ebola16
Thanks for posting Lillith! I previously used the unstable BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x anyway so this is perfect for me! I can confirm the character select screen (CSS) portion of BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver) works with both a real Wii and Dolphin. In my current setup shown below, I am able to use 101 CSS slots!

Important notes regarding BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition (RSBE.Ver):

1. This is based on BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x and has its limitations. There will be significant lag on real Wiis when loading character selection portraits. This problem is minor on Dolphin Emulator though.

2. There are 2 versions of bx_fighter.rel included in the download on JOJI's website. One is for using special characters (ex. Warioman) and the other does not use them. I haven't tested the special character version but it seems to modify some of the incomplete slots for characters not included in the final roster. This can cause problems if you've already repurposed those slots with elevated config files. The non-special character version had no problem with my elevated config files.

3. Now that a large number of movesets can be used in Brawl, there isn't much room for character names announced by the announcer. I've already replaced all of the Wiimote SFX and some unused sounds for 100 announcer names. I foresaw running out of space so I decided to remove them. I did this by redirecting or replacing the announcer names, "The Winner Is..", and team color names with blank audio files. I plan on seeing if the SoundBank Expansion System v1.4 works with announcer names in the future.

4. The "Ready to fight" bar is definitely in the way now so you may want to check out How to move the "Ready to Fight" bar offscreen

5. If you plan on using the Fake slot for characters, the corrupted path bug is still around but the path has changed:

* Bowser - for some reason Bowser is unaffected by this bug. The Fake slot works as expected.

* Mr. Game and Watch - Rename your .pcs to FitFighterEDEx.pac
The extension change is important. Brawlex expects a .pcs named as a .pac
Place FitFighterEDEx.pac in ...\fighter\Gamewatch\FitGameWatchfightereeex\FitFighterEEEx.pacfighteredex
If you care about transforming or P:M All-star mode, place the normal Fake .pcs AND .pac in their expected locations too.

* All other characters - Rename your .pcs to FitFighterEDEx.pac
The extension change is important. Brawlex expects a .pcs named as a .pac
Place FitFighterEDEx.pac in ...\fighter\*\Fit*Fakefighteredex
Replace * with the character's name.
If you care about transforming or P:M All-star mode, place the normal Fake .pcs AND .pac in their expected locations too.

Images (The sideways names are an experiment unrelated to Brawlex. I wanted to include names without obscuring images. I simply changed sc.selcharacter.pac -> MiscData[30] -> 3DModels -> MenSelchrCname4_TopN -> Bones -> MenSelchrCname4_TopN -> nameNEn's rotation to (0,0,-90) and translation to (8.5,2,-0.3)).

Max potential slots adapted to my setup:


Current setup (101 moveset slots exceeds the previous max of 100 moveset slots!):


I'm liking what I see so far and this is going to be my new default setup!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

so anyone knows how the css portraits for this works for the brawlex characters?
Super Smash Sisters Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SmashSistersFinalConflict/?fref=nf

Smash Sisters Discord: https://discord.gg/QMwMgvg

Quote from: Din God on January 23, 2019, 12:12:55 AM
so anyone knows how the css portraits for this works for the brawlex characters?

It depends on which version of BX CSS Expansion you're using. If I remember correctly, there's no changes for BX CSS Expansion v1.0.2.2. You'll need to keep the restrictive file size limits of sc_selcharacter.pac in mind though.

See the readme included in BX CSS Expansion v2.0.0.x for an explanation on the method of loading CSPs from the SD card (which is how BrawlEx Clone Engine v2.0.0.0 Extended Edition works). Keep in mind that this method can cause significant lag when loading CSPs on real Wiis as many SD card reads are performed. On Dolphin, this lag is minor.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

This is totally off-topic, but can someone link me to any cool BrawlEx pack?
I've already forgotten how to hack this game, but I'd like to test other's packs.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I'm going to be a bit self-obsessed and plug my own ones!
...nah, not really.

Uh... Have you looked into Legacy XP? That's among my favourites.

although that's about it.
Maybe this would 'actually' sound self-obsessed, I don't mean it to, but I'm not especially impressed easily with a lot of them, especially since quiiiiite a few of them just take existing things and re-use over and over and over and over again, it all sorta just blurs together.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Lillith on January 24, 2019, 03:28:27 AM
I'm going to be a bit self-obsessed and plug my own ones!
...nah, not really.

Uh... Have you looked into Legacy XP? That's among my favourites.

although that's about it.
Maybe this would 'actually' sound self-obsessed, I don't mean it to, but I'm not especially impressed easily with a lot of them, especially since quiiiiite a few of them just take existing things and re-use over and over and over and over again, it all sorta just blurs together.

Hmm... does it have the now newly created soundbanks and effect files?
They're new for me of course.
I'll go and check that one, I just hope it is not so big filesize for download.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

A few characters do, not all, but there's no overlap or like using sounds nad stuff from their parent character is you're worried about that.
Although Legacy XP is rather hefty in filesize, hmmmm.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Did some things and 242 characters should work with PM now
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217298

Although battle stock icons don't seem to line up properly, I haven't any idea on how to fix it currently.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

February 03, 2019, 07:07:40 PM #8815 Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:11:53 PM by KingOfTheFools
Quote from: Lillith on February 02, 2019, 10:32:28 PM
Did some things and 242 characters should work with PM now
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217298

Although battle stock icons don't seem to line up properly, I haven't any idea on how to fix it currently.

Hi, I got the build and followed all instructions given. This is what I got:

https://i.imgur.com/laZN2H5.png

Also got the same result with the prebuilt version. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.


Oh dear, I forgot to mention or fix that. Yikes.
Uh.... If you got that, you're actually doing it right, I think right now you 'need' to have 100/242 slots ready or funky things happen, though I've just horrible memory.

Uh... You need to use a hex editor to fix things up, sorry for this forgetfulness


Highlighted red is CSS size, F2 is the max amount for all 242 slots
(pretend this is blue, actual blue on this background sucks) Highlighted blue is Random amount, F2 is also the max amount here, although this also assumes you forego the 'random' slot
Highlighted green is useable CSS slots
Likewise, highlighted purple is useable random slots

Uhm... Hopefully this helped at all, I dunno.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Funny how this ten year old game keeps finding ways to retain my interest.

Anyhow I know that this is still a fairly new update to the ex engine, but is there a way to edit the new CSSRoster.DAT to edit the order of the fighters? I had used BrawlExConfigUtility for my personal build, but it won't allow me to open the new one to edit with this update, saying "Could not open file: Invalid Roster Config data size."

By use of a hex editor, I use HxD, which is what's up in the screenshot.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Thank you! I'm not sure where else to ask this as well so I apologize if this is the wrong place. But whenever I try to add a character to the build, the select screen icon will automatically show up as the random icon. I have added the cosmetics for the characters including their icons, set their id correctly in their cosmetics ex files, and everything else works fine except for the icon. What do?